1.28.6 PTR

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Hail Warchiefs,

Warcraft III's first official PTR lives. Join us on the field of battle as we test the new Map Pools for 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's and Free-for-All.

Windows
https://battle.net/download/getInstallerForGame?os=win&locale=enUS&version=PTR&gameProgram=WARCRAFT_3

Mac
https://battle.net/download/getInstallerForGame?os=mac&locale=enUS&version=PTR&gameProgram=WARCRAFT_3

General Improvements & Gameplay Objectives
  • Balanced creep camp difficulty progression from early to late game
  • Balanced creep drop tables for better item progression from early game to late game
  • Item diversity: Varied Level 1 though 6 charged items and Level 1 through 6 permanent items
  • Balanced all start locations: total amount and starting distance from lumber, equal amount of spacing, equal size choke points, et cetera
  • Balanced expansion distance from start locations
  • Decluttered points of interest to reduce visual competition during gameplay
  • Retextured map surfaces for better visual clarity - both on screen and mini-map
  • Minimized the size of trees and doodads that obstructed player view of points of interest
  • Added cliff lines or deep water to edges of the map - removing hard edges (aesthetic choice for immersion)
  • Properly placed trees and doodads on the pathing grid: full-cell Medium Grid to half-cell Medium Grid alternate
  • Removed the rolling shoreline waves from rolling hills to remove the noise the waves created - remains for cliff shores

List of 1 v 1 maps

List of 2 v 2 maps

List of 3 v 3 maps

List of 4 v 4 maps

List of FFA maps

Known Issues
  • We are aware Warcraft III matchmaking is a bit long in the tusk; we will be improving matchmaker logic for a future patch
  • Automated Tournaments and Ladder Board are not functional for PTR
  • Latency was improved with 1.28, but still needs work to meet modern standards

Cheers,
Classic Games
Finally!
P.s. Does Blizzard not remember Westfall? (Previous Wc3 PTR)
08/10/2017 02:26 PMPosted by dJRUb
Finally!

I guess the classic teams uses the experience from BW 1.18 PTR and thus copied that style.

Is there anyone looking for 4v4 games at the moment?
Me, Zwarte kat and niels are searching 4n4 right now

08/10/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Clone1337
08/10/2017 02:26 PMPosted by dJRUb
Finally!

I guess the classic teams uses the experience from BW 1.18 PTR and thus copied that style.

Is there anyone looking for 4v4 games at the moment?
Searchin' searchin'
gonna search in an hour. my friend too. we'll try tonight. 4v4rt only.
link to download for windows not working for me
''Latency was improved with 1.28, but still needs work to meet modern standards''

Actually the latency is pretty great.

As you mentioned, its the match making that is the biggest problem right now, especially in REIGN OF CHAOS.

Thank you for listening us tho.
Howdy Champ,

Links fixed, apologies.

Cheers,
Pete
we have to pay for it?

i downloaded PTR it says I need CD key
Played the first game on Duststrom LV (2v2)

There is a giant mess with the trees. About half of the trees (sometimes entire forests) are non clickable trees that you workers cant chop.

08/10/2017 03:22 PMPosted by abn
we have to pay for it?

Yes, you need valid CD-Keys for it. Shocking that you need to have the game to play the PTR, i know right...
2vs2 Map Duststrorm LV

Has alot of broken trees at the spawn posistions that are unable to be chopped
I don't think I have to mention the broken trees in Duststorm.. ;)
08/10/2017 03:22 PMPosted by abn
we have to pay for it?

You need to put your CD keys that you installed your Warcraft 3 with.

You do not need to get NEW cd key for this.
All meet in channel ''Blizzard Chat 1'' please
Channel Blizzard chat 1

Come here everyone :)

Known Issues
  • We are aware Warcraft III matchmaking is a bit long in the tusk; we will be improving matchmaker logic for a future patch

Glad to hear it's coming soon(tm)

If W3A's reputation is anything... odds are the server will die with the first balance patch you guys put out, so we really need to have a matchmaking ready for when it happens, otherwise the vast majority of w3a players will have trouble finding games when switching to bnet and will probably just quit wc3/go to netease.
08/10/2017 04:02 PMPosted by abn
why is heroes of the storm free but not warcraft 3?

Because Heroes is funded by micro-transactions, and Warcraft 3 is a full standalone game.
Hello Pete, Matt and the classic team.

The PTR is very short on players to test 4v4 maps (well, 4v4 is impossible to find a game) and as far as I know only regulars of reddit, bnet and B2W followers know about the PTR (and not all of the people want to play it).

Could you please make a new news post in the regular Bnet, that people see when they log in? The last news post ist from 2014 and is about Diablo III RoC and Heartstone. Time for fresh news about the fresh PTR.