[D2] Account Closures

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Greetings Adventurers,

As Classic Games continues to evolve our monitoring and safeguards to fight hacking in Diablo II, we are discovering how widespread the adoption of *alternative tactics and strategies* have become regarding keys, accounts, gear, and gameplay.

We have also enjoyed constructive discussion with a representative body of the community. They've advocated for leniency; the argument being that the absence of punishment was a sign of condoning said behaviors. Here is where we've landed:

Protect Your Adventurers
  • Register Key(s) to a Blizzard account:
  • https://www.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html
  • Ensure your Diablo II install is using said registered Key
  • Ensure your Diablo II account has an up-to-date email address
  • Remove third party programs that may *enhance* Diablo II
  • Reduce Risk To Your Adventurers
  • Do not buy keys from a third party
  • Do not buy 16 digit keys - If you currently have 16 digit keys, you should convert to 26 digit keys through Battle.net
  • Do not re-use keys already purchased from a third party
  • Do not use proxy networks
  • Do not use web hosts
  • Do not share Keys or use Keys that have been made publicly available
  • Do not share accounts: possible reprisals for violations will envelop both party's shared accounts
  • Do not buy accounts or leveling services: such accounts are at high risk of being closed without warning
  • Also, keep in mind that anyone behind your network, or if your ISP shares your IP address (as in more than one persons are given the same IP address), gets restricted from battle.net, you will suffer the penalties along with them.
    This is the unfortunate disadvantage of using a shared IP address.
    Also, keep track of siblings and other people with access to your computer and/or network who play on Battle.net, as they can get you restricted as well.

Sincerely,
    Classic Games
    Thank you so much for cleaning the game up! These types of ban waves have been long overdue, and there are still lots of bots running as we speak. Hopefully you guys will continue to implement stronger methods and try to make this game enjoyable for those of us who play legitimately. We would all love to play at least one ladder season where there is no botting, no item buying, and no cheating.
    Lol, you described the only people that are actually still interested in playing this ancient game. Even David Brevik laughs are your nonsense. !@#$ off and get to doing worthwhile things.
    So the TLDR thread you just posted is strictly common sense.

Cheaters exist thats something you will have to deal with. Oh wait... but you lay the ban hammer on them (8) the accounts and ban cdkey's *profit profit profit* cause you know they will keep buying keys and you will keep cashing in on the profit.

You make them lose everything they have on an account than... Ban the key so they can't play anymore? I hate to tell you this Matthew but without cheaters in the game your game wouldn't exist.

You haven't cared about the general population of your Diablo II Classic game for years. You release crap patches that break stuff daily and you haven't provided anyone with any reason to not cheat.

- Low drop rates (reasons why bots exist + greedy players)
    - Broken chat (why people make 3rd party clientless stuff)
    - Lack of content. (Nothing new has been seen since 1.13d)

Tell us why we should even invest another 9.99 per game key to play your game when you don't actually care.

I think what you've done is actually piss everyone off to the point they want nothing to do with your game or anything associated with blizzard.

You know there was a time when Diablo II use to be fun that ship has sailed.

I would just like to let you know that disabling a key permanently will keep your dying game dying.

Good luck
    Thank you, Classic Games!

I am very much looking forward to the next ladder reset and all the others that follow.

Sincerely,
    Endugu
    What if I want to use a proxy for other reasons but start the game with it on? Can I get banned for using a VPN which is like another layer of security for me?
    Great work and great post, Matthew. Thank you.

I have a concern, however.
    Ensure your Diablo II account has an up-to-date email address

I would really like to do that. But as you may well be aware, diablo II/b.net account mail managing system is down and has been out of service for a long period of time now.

Any eta on the fix?

Thanks!
    I can only hope the bans can put and end to the botting, the only reason I stopped playing were the bots, hackers and spammer. You can never keep up with a bot loot wise, dueling was pointless when everyone was running around with Max break points auto aim and other ridiculous hacks.
    @RIP
    well said

Game is hacked because is profitable for hackers, game is profitable cuz of terrible drop rates.

Game is attractive for boters, forums sellers because complete even one gg PvP character with that terrible drop rate is impossible by self found.

Solution: increased drop ratio a lot, so each player can find end game by self found, no more big profits for botters, no more profits for fg sellers, no more forum gold needed, larger number end game users so more PvP ppl.
    This game was alive in all past years because of large PvP community and its a fact! PvP is D2 end game.

Better qol + balance + bug fixes is all we need, I dont expect any new content, I dont even nn it, just some improvements.
    11/14/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Hellus
    What if I want to use a proxy for other reasons but start the game with it on? Can I get banned for using a VPN which is like another layer of security for me?

anecdotal but I've connected countless times accidentally with my VPN on and I haven't had any issues. I don't think it's something that'll get you banned just from conencting alone. This post is merely recommendations to reduce risk. So, probably a good idea to remember to turn off the VPN before playing.
    11/14/2017 12:35 PMPosted by war2k7
    I can only hope the bans can put and end to the botting, the only reason I stopped playing were the bots, hackers and spammer. You can never keep up with a bot loot wise, dueling was pointless when everyone was running around with Max break points auto aim and other ridiculous hacks.

Spam bots have been gone for a long time. People botting for items doesn't effect your play. Stop crying.
    11/14/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Craftmatic3
    11/14/2017 12:43 PMPosted by Darkseid

Spam bots have been gone for a long time. People botting for items doesn't effect your play. Stop crying.

Get your head out of your !@#$ you delusional troll. You bots are a cancer guy, pure cancer and good riddance!

How does people botting for items affect you in any way? I would like to hear your excuse.
    Great work classic games!

Reset will be glorious with no bots and hacks
    11/14/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Darkseid

Get your head out of your !@#$ you delusional troll. You bots are a cancer guy, pure cancer and good riddance!

How does people botting for items affect you in any way? I would like to hear your excuse.
    Those items are then sold for currencies outside of the game. If I find the same items and I want to trade them in game, it is somewhat more difficult to do because botters are dominating the trade system on websites for currency that isn't used in the game. I work hard to obtain my gear for use and trades, botters and their supporters don't, they violate the game and it's ToU harming the in game economy and legitimate D2 gamers.
    11/14/2017 01:00 PMPosted by BearTribe

Those items are then sold for currencies outside of the game. If I find the same items and I want to trade them in game, it is somewhat more difficult to do because botters are dominating the trade system on websites for currency that isn't used in the game. I work hard to obtain my gear for use and trades, botters and their supporters don't, they violate the game and it's ToU harming the in game economy and legitimate D2 gamers.

The trade system that you don't even use. You don't even know what you are saying.
    Lol, so we can use 8x game in same ip, but, we cant use it? Explain please... You open a pandora game making 8 players use same ip but we cant use it anymore? Its not better just put 1x game per ip? Since blizzard detect method is fail...
    LoL multi trolls dominated this forum ^^

Now i know why Classic Team dont care about this forum at all, not worth.

They cant sell their crap on forums with massive over price. Naturally $$$
    11/14/2017 01:13 PMPosted by ZerK
    LoL multi trolls dominated this forum ^^

Now i know why Classic Team dont care about this forum at all, not worth.

They cant sell their crap on forums with massive over price. Naturally $$$

How does that currency have anything to do with you since you don't use it? Get your head out of your !@#.