D2, just for fun

General Discussion
Over the years as players we have seen many hacks, and scams.

My favorite was the "Bugged Werts Leg". If you don't know this scam this will be a treat.

1. "Get Werts Leg, and throw some gems in it to color change it". Tell potential trader that this leg turns you invisible.

2. Prove to him the item works when you put it on. "To do this you go to A1, and click past Warriv, as you pass him go to A2. This will give the appearance you have disappeared. Quickly go back to A1, you will appear much further away from where you were when you went to A2.

Trade leg.

In it's day you wouldn't believe how many people fell for this scam.

This is a oldy, but goody. What was your favorite, angering, funny scam hack you have seen over all these years.

Again, this is for fun, I know hacking etc is against the rules, we all have opinions.

Appreciate you sharing yours.
Had some fun with anni when you weren't able to trade it unless it was dropped. I had told a buddy to hide in Jerhyn's palace and wait for my q.
I was outside below the porch while the victim was on it, we both dropped our items. Proceeded to run simultaneously to said items. My buddy had a decent level vigor on just in case, when I gave the q he came outta nowhere and took the anni.
Same trick different location with the sewers entrance at the docks. What I do also remeber was the rune vs. torch scam inside the tavern in act 2, where you were ment to run arount the bar and get your precious coin. However you were just able to grab it through the counter.

We all grew up with this game and sometimes, as a child, it was frustating to have to learn. But with each new ladder you're prepared a little bit more to deal with those clowns.

Every once in a while I encounter a mephi-soulstone or cap+emerald scammer and I can't help but smile for a second that someone still tries this in 2017.
The typical meph soulstone/emerald cap and rattlecage tals armor lookalike scam is what ive been g etting
Steelclash/stormshield is also a classic
12/02/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Unknown

My favorite was the "Bugged Werts Leg". If you don't know this scam this will be a treat.

1. "Get Werts Leg, and throw some gems in it to color change it". Tell potential trader that this leg turns you invisible.

2. Prove to him the item works when you put it on. "To do this you go to A1, and click past Warriv, as you pass him go to A2. This will give the appearance you have disappeared. Quickly go back to A1, you will appear much further away from where you were when you went to A2.

Trade leg.

This is a oldy, but goody. What was your favorite, angering, funny scam hack you have seen over all these years.

Again, this is for fun, I know hacking etc is against the rules, we all have opinions.

If you fell for it, you are *** as ***
Don't be a smartass here, everyone has fallen once for each scam, not less but not more either ;).

And since it's been so many years ago I guess hardly anybody is really salty for that loss anymore.
This should be retitled !@#$% moves made by children...
The a2 palace sprint was great, you didn't even need a 2nd person if you dropped the anni in the right spot.
This also worked really well in a3, near Alkor. You'd stand on the side of that little water gap in the ground, closest to Alkor. The other person would stand on the furthest side from Alkor. You could click your item near the edge (just before or just after, forget specifically now that it's been 10-12 years) and then pick the item the other person dropped before they could turn around. Worst case? They'd just grab their item and leave. I saw this start getting more popular after the A2 palace scam was very common for anni scams.
12/02/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Unknown

Trade leg.

HAHAHAHAHA

BEST SCAM EVER

LMAO!! LOL!!!! AND ROFL!
i remember when the people in trades pressed the green bottom fast and disabled it

then always when someone did that, i was from the beggining, watching if him do it

many times i accepted, and got REALLY NICE ITEMS

ahhaahhaahhaha

of course they were crying late

this last patch didnt see someone do it LOL, it seems many people got items for do that
12/03/2017 05:58 AMPosted by Gussl
Don't be a smartass here, everyone has fallen once for each scam, not less but not more either ;).

And since it's been so many years ago I guess hardly anybody is really salty for that loss anymore.

well i didnt get a scam

but i was afraid to trade someone because many people used the trade hack........

and i was a victim

that was the reason of why in 2001 i stopped of trade items, i was afraid each time of trade because i was going to lose my items again :(

also i got a duped rune that dissapeared :(

i was victim of hacks, but not scams
12/06/2017 10:23 AMPosted by TheBattleTag
You got scammed little buddy. :(
12/06/2017 10:35 AMPosted by NAMELESS
12/06/2017 10:23 AMPosted by TheBattleTag
You got scammed little buddy. :(

but scam is when someone does something bad, something with illusion, as show a shield, and put other shield

technically, i was hacked

they hacked my brain

and after that im this

writining all the day in the deepest post of blizzard

cuz hackers hacked my brain, making me write cr4p

im a victim, but i had not be scammed

never