Battle.net keeps requesting admin password

Mac Technical Support
1 2 3 6 Next
In the past couple days, the battle.net launcher has started to ask for my admin username/password every couple hours while sitting in the background. For security and best practice, I've never run as an admin user on the account I normally use. This is new behavior. Battle.net.app version 1.9.3.9670
I have been experiencing the same issue, It started happening a few days ago as well.
same issue here, started about 2 days ago
same here.

tried deleting
Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Battle.net
Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Blizzard

as suggested by this old thread https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/11642844376 but all i got was a request to install heartstone again.

the panel requesting for admin privileges keeps popping up in game which is rather annoying, especially in raid
This has almost gotten me killed in D3 on my hardcore hero twice now... Please supply the workaround/fix.
Also having this issue on 10.11.6, El Capitan. I’ve just been launching my games and closing the app, making sure the process for Agent is also force quit as it sometimes continues to ask even when the app is closed.
Ditto, and several times I've logged out to extinguish any running software, logged in as admin, done terminal-level delete /Users/Shared/B* and rebooted. No dice. (my user account is also admin right now).

And yes it is dangerous.
i found the agent program will download a cert and load into the keychains named system, so it will be popup a input window to say ...wants to make changes constantly. i try to delete all the agent program, but it also happened again.

This has almost gotten me killed in D3 on my hardcore hero many times now.
Please fix this issue or stop it immediately.
Hello all!

We are aware of the App asking for admin password due to "Agent wants to make changes." There has been some recent certificate changes, but if the prompt persists it may be due to the recent patch. We are currently looking for examples and requesting Log Goblin files be sent to toolsupport@blizzard.com.

For more information on the certificate updates, please refer to this post.

At the moment, we have not found any workarounds or resolutions yet. However, I will update the thread if we do find any possible resolutions :)

Thanks, everyone!
Hello all!

We are aware of the App asking for admin password due to "Agent wants to make changes." There has been some recent certificate changes, but if the problem persists it may be due to the recent patch.

For more information on the certificate updates, please [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20760626838"]refer to this post[/url].

If the prompt continues to pop up after accepting, we are currently looking for examples and requesting [url="https://battle.net/support/article/28923?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Log Goblin files[/url] be sent to toolsupport@blizzard.com.

At the moment, we have not found any workarounds or resolutions yet. However, I will update the thread if we do find any possible resolutions :)

Thanks, everyone!

yeah, i found the agent program will download a cert per hour even if you input your password and accept already.
Sent you a goblin log just now.
Tried setting /Users/Shared/Blizzard and Battle.net to world writable (chmod -R a+w) and that had no effect.
sent you a goblin log. I have 15 certificates in system keychain up to now...
same issue here, started about 2 days ago. Window pop-up while i play HOTs and cover my screen.
was redirected here by customer support chat. please resolve this blizzard! starcraft player here and it has cost me plenty of important moments in game.. seems it only comes up when im in intense micro situations

also the goblin log app is an .exe file and i cant open it
12/23/2017 03:36 PMPosted by rhOrains
was redirected here by customer support chat. please resolve this blizzard! starcraft player here and it has cost me plenty of important moments in game.. seems it only comes up when im in intense micro situations

also the goblin log app is an .exe file and i cant open it

u can choose the mac goblin log app at that page.

Mac
Download LogGoblin_Mac.zip
27 certificates in system keychain up to now. It seems as long as Battle.net app is running, I get this interrupting dialog box every hour...
12-24-2017

I, too, am experiencing the MAC OS X Authentication Popup for the Battle.net App.

Upon Launching Battle.net App, within seconds of Launch, I receive a MAC OS X Authentication Popup stating that Battle.net wants "to make changes..."

I started here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20760656926

I even opened a Ticket, and then was directed here. I have just e-Mailed my LogGoblin File to Blizzard.

I played StarCraft:Remastered almost 5 Hours exactly, yesterday, and in game received the Authentication Popup TEN TIMES!

System Specs are posted in the Thread linked above. (Also, e-Mailed system specs to Blizzard.)

TL
I'm joining just to keep informed of updates/fixes. I'd been planning for months to start playing Warcraft again after 15 years, and instead I can't even download 1 GB. This totally sucks, right for the holidays.