D2jsp is still a problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
01/31/2018 06:51 PMPosted by BearTribe
01/31/2018 05:17 PMPosted by mortalstrike

This is cool man. Personally I've used jsp before to sell items and then later turn in the currency for new items that I wanted it just made my trading easier. Never bought items with US dollars. Anyways this was years ago.

Not sure why anyone would downvote your comment here though as it's a cool story about the strength of the D2 community. The capacity of people to stick together and make the game fun by helping each other out is very high.
It's because I'm anti jsp--buying currency to gear up characters and carrying fg over to new ladders and all. Trading in game is easy, I've been doing it everyday for 15 years. As for jsp, I'm done arguing right and wrong about it. I was told by a Blizzard developer the other day that they accept it as a trade site that the majority of the community uses. And so, that ends my fight on the subject. I still stand by my convictions though.

Regarding your bit Bear, if you have heard from an insider at Blizzard regarding JSP, can you see if they can announce it publicly that JSP is fair game so folks can stop worrying about whether it is legit or not?

At this point, I think Blizzard owes the community a public announcement one way or the other regarding it. Those that use the site have a significant advantage over those that don't.
<span class="truncated">...</span>It's because I'm anti jsp--buying currency to gear up characters and carrying fg over to new ladders and all. Trading in game is easy, I've been doing it everyday for 15 years. As for jsp, I'm done arguing right and wrong about it. I was told by a Blizzard developer the other day that they accept it as a trade site that the majority of the community uses. And so, that ends my fight on the subject. I still stand by my convictions though.

Regarding your bit Bear, if you have heard from an insider at Blizzard regarding JSP, can you see if they can announce it publicly that JSP is fair game so folks can stop worrying about whether it is legit or not?

At this point, I think Blizzard owes the community a public announcement one way or the other regarding it. Those that use the site have a significant advantage over those that don't.
They won't because aspects of jsp is in violation of the terms of service, including what you mentioned. Mark's comment on the subject is the best we'll likely ever get. Omrakos won't even touch the subject. I am not speaking on behalf of Blizzard or their employees, but I don't think they want to inspire the site's use, but they also don't want to upset the majority of the existing player base over an unfortunately foul trade system. It appears they take a solid stance on how game keys connect to their servers, but I don't see much they can do about giving away free items that was initiated on third party websites.

They are looking into splitting up the forums here and possibly adding a trade forum again. They are looking to us for ideas. I've made a post about this. Please share there what you think would be a good system.
I'm willing to bet 80% of jsp users in their first 3 attempts couldn't solo normal only using self found gear, no merc and no muling without dying.

I use jsp,
And I speedrun the game on hardcore.

Means:
Selffound gear
Not dying (Well sometimes you do die, thats just normal and unfortunate)
But ye, I can Classic rush a 8 player game to act 3 hell with a level 30 sorc.
Surely the sorc might die a couple times.

And I'm not the only one.

Most of the accusations towards jsp is messed up.
Jsp(After they banned talking about bots and focused on legit trading) is really the best thing happened to Diablo 2.
If I were to use forum gold, what would be the difference selling my gear on nl for some lower gear on ladder?
To sell the gear for fg and buy the same lower gear for the same amount of gear I had on nl.

Also, not to mention, the amount of people on this forum cannot be compared to the amount of ppl on jsp.
02/01/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Yiup
I'm willing to bet 80% of jsp users in their first 3 attempts couldn't solo normal only using self found gear, no merc and no muling without dying.

I use jsp,
And I speedrun the game on hardcore.

Means:
Selffound gear
Not dying (Well sometimes you do die, thats just normal and unfortunate)
But ye, I can Classic rush a 8 player game to act 3 hell with a level 30 sorc.
Surely the sorc might die a couple times.

And I'm not the only one.

Most of the accusations towards jsp is messed up.
Jsp(After they banned talking about bots and focused on legit trading) is really the best thing happened to Diablo 2.
If I were to use forum gold, what would be the difference selling my gear on nl for some lower gear on ladder?
To sell the gear for fg and buy the same lower gear for the same amount of gear I had on nl.

Also, not to mention, the amount of people on this forum cannot be compared to the amount of ppl on jsp.
Speed running is different and I've always admired the skills involved. You don't play ladder it seems, and you don't use fg you say, so you really don't have a dog in this fight. As well, I posted that comment more than a week ago, you've posted about a dozen times after I posted it, and now you're bringing it up? Everyone has said their peace, I have conceded. Get what little you have to say out with your irrelevant opinions and then let the post die.
01/30/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Oragami
D2jsp was created by cheaters and managed by cheaters for over a decade.
It still is the land of cheaters and cheated goods.
There is not a single way to use d2jsp legit, as soon as u create an account and agree to their tos you are agreeing to cheat.

There are no loopholes here. U either cheat or are legit.
Sadly some of you need your gaming rights revoked.
You know who you are
I have also reported everyone here encouraging the use of illicit websites for black market goods, as that is against forum tos and diablo 2s.
cheers to swift action
01/21/2018 06:45 PMPosted by jimmyhates
01/21/2018 06:36 PMPosted by BearTribe
The real problem over at jsp is the majority of it's users don't know how to play through the game or build characters to play through the game. All they have ever known is 'get rushed, buy gear off botters'. That is the average jsp user. 'Brg staff' 'Brg Trav wp' 'brg ancients'... pathetic really.

The game it self is now better than ever for us legits that don't need fg, nor buy our gear, nor use hacks and bots to be successful. :)

your joking right? every jsp user i know has played this game for years. and are great

its the anti jsp crowd who cant gear a character using in game trading who are the ones begging for help and desperately trying to leech off peoples chaos and baal games lol

most people who are anti jsp are probably using lore helms and stealth armors still lmao

your are way out of your league. stop speaking you make yourself look stupid.

lol. +11111
I was playing this game for like 17 years.. trust me, in game trading is garbage after about 3 minutes. If you want to be anything other than utter trash at the game, outside trading is a must.
Most people dont have time to actually play 24/7 to find what they need.. It's convenient. Once I get gear I end up going around and helping all the "legit" people out anyways. Someone has to :D
<span class="truncated">...</span>

your joking right? every jsp user i know has played this game for years. and are great

its the anti jsp crowd who cant gear a character using in game trading who are the ones begging for help and desperately trying to leech off peoples chaos and baal games lol

most people who are anti jsp are probably using lore helms and stealth armors still lmao

your are way out of your league. stop speaking you make yourself look stupid.

lol. +11111
I was playing this game for like 17 years.. trust me, in game trading is garbage after about 3 minutes. If you want to be anything other than utter trash at the game, outside trading is a must.
Most people dont have time to actually play 24/7 to find what they need.. It's convenient. Once I get gear I end up going around and helping all the "legit" people out anyways. Someone has to :D

They engage in narcissistic virtue signaling. They are looking to be the hero of Diablo 2 by saving it from the evil D2 trade communities... this is to compensate for their failure(s) as Diablo 2 players. As if playing PvM in Diablo 2 was difficult to begin with...

Either way, I recommend they get some form of mental health treatment. Narcissism is a serious anti-social personality disorder.
Buy elite gear generated by bots and dupes.
Instant softcore dueling pro for 10+ years

Build hardcore characters with just what is found in game and maintain top spot year in and year out on the ladder.
Noob

Call out those who are cheating
Savior of the game.

Attempt to insult those against cheating.
We are what we pretend to see in others.
02/01/2018 10:01 PMPosted by BearTribe

Build hardcore characters with just what is found in game and maintain top spot year in and year out on the ladder.
Noob

Savior of the game.

Top Spot On Ladder?
Dude
6 People Play On West
Its Not Hard

Noob

Savior of the game.

1. I don't care about ladder. Just because you do, doesn't make my lack of interest in it, morally objectionable. I see no point in racing people to #1 for a website entry, a page most cannot even find in a google search. Especially when I can duel people that might actually challenge me. Grinding baals, is boring and not challenging. Ladder is pointless to me.

2. I've done hardcore before, hardcore isn't challenging, because PvM isn't challenging. Period~ triple period~ Just because you find it challenging, doesn't make it challenging. You are inexperienced, that is why you find it challenging.

3. Gear isn't nearly as important as your ability to duel properly and your knowledge of the class and build you have. Of course, being inexperienced in this game~ you wouldn't know basics like that.

Also evidently, not playing hardcore ladder on USWest makes someone a noob. ~ I am a dueler, if you want to die I will accommodate you by turning your char into a lifeless corpse. I'll show you who the real noob is within seconds... if that.

Keep thumping your chest as if you are good~ At best, you are a joke.
02/01/2018 10:19 PMPosted by BLaH

Noob

Savior of the game.

Top Spot On Ladder?
Dude
6 People Play On West
Its Not Hard
Across all hc ladders.
why do i have to come in here every few days to remind you idiots that .. you're doing this

https://i.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.webp
Of course if you’re not cheating you’re not winning but this game is dead so it don’t matter
reading this thread is sort of depressing
there I was, hopeful for the next ladder reset after being away from multiplayer D2 for several years
I was thinking I can get in on day 1 into an economy thats like it was in 2011 except without dupers and botters or the use of anything like fg cause of those ban waves that I recently read about

but then, after reading this thread, I discover that a large portion of the playerbase is a bunch of trash talking jerks on BOTH sides of the debate, and that there may not even be 20 entire humans playing the game in total; the amount of people that are actually playing the game at any given time is presumably even lower

and then, to top it all off, people are supposedly still trading with forum gold; using jsp to trade items for other items is one thing, but using fg to trade for items is a different issue
given that fg is, from what I've gathered by reading this forum, generated IN THE FIRST PLACE by giving IRL money to D2jsp to generate it, literally the only thing that blizzard would have to do to make D2 P2W(pay to win) is have a blue make a forum post saying that its okay to use fg to trade items

of course, D2 items don't suddenly come into existence out of thin air, it is the product of labor; with duping, items and such DO suddenly come into existence out of thin air, which reduces the value of everyone's labor, including that of the person who duped

even without duping though, botting also reduces the value of everyone labor by introducing work(money) into the economy that wasn't generated with less labor(setting up the bots IS something, as extremely small as it may be) than that which would be required to cause the RNG to produce it

but theres no more botting and duping, I'd heard, so those botting and duping parts don't really matter anymore

but fg, that gives an advantage to people across ladder resets which are supposed to make everyone start over fresh, with nobody having an advantage over anyone else except for having more time and/or skill and/or a better connection than other people have
and don't go comparing skill, time, or a better internet connection to fg

so even if all the fg suddenly gets deleted and stops being sold by the d2jsp website or however, or at least a differentiation is made at D2jsp between fg and d2ladder fg, there'd still be the issue of the servers having barely anyone playing on them

aside from the severe lack of players, its fg thats the problem, not the rest of D2jsp

oh, the letdown; such is life
maybe I'll just go back to offline single player with the single player ladder mod that lets me get ladder-only items/runewords in singleplayer, without even giving online D2 another shot at all
also, I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm accused of being beartribe; I only came to these forums yesterday and even I can tell that the guy has sockpuppets
don't expect me to post on this particular forum ever again unless this place stops being so cancerous
there I was, hopeful for the next ladder reset after being away from multiplayer D2 for several years
I was thinking I can get in on day 1 into an economy thats like it was in 2011 except without dupers and botters or the use of anything like fg cause of those ban waves that I recently read about

but then, after reading this thread, I discover that a large portion of the playerbase is a bunch of trash talking jerks on BOTH sides of the debate, and that there may not even be 20 entire humans playing the game in total; the amount of people that are actually playing the game at any given time is presumably even lower

and then, to top it all off, people are supposedly still trading with forum gold; using jsp to trade items for other items is one thing, but using fg to trade for items is a different issue
given that fg is, from what I've gathered by reading this forum, generated IN THE FIRST PLACE by giving IRL money to D2jsp to generate it, literally the only thing that blizzard would have to do to make D2 P2W(pay to win) is have a blue make a forum post saying that its okay to use fg to trade items

of course, new WoW gold doesn't suddenly come into existence out of thin air; it is the product of labor, as are D2 items; with duping, items and such DO suddenly come into existence out of thin air

even without duping though, botting reduces the value of everyone labor by introducing work(money) into the economy that wasn't generated by actual labor

but theres no more botting and duping, I'd heard, so those parts don't really matter anymore

but fg, that gives an advantage to people across ladder resets which are supposed to make everyone start over fresh, with nobody having an advantage over anyone else except for having more time and/or skill and/or a better connection than other people have

so even if all the fg suddenly gets deleted and stops being sold by the d2jsp website or however, or at least a differentiation is made at D2jsp between fg and d2ladder fg, there'd still be the issue of the servers having barely anyone playing on them

aside from the severe lack of players, its fg thats the problem, not the rest of D2jsp

maybe I'll just go back to offline single player with the single player ladder mod that lets me get ladder-only items/runewords in singleplayer, without even giving online D2 another shot at all
also, I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm accused of being beartribe; I only came to these forums yesterday and even I can tell that the guy has sockpuppets

We are only here because BearTribe spams threads on 50 multi accounts. There is nothing said about him that he didn't earn himself. You can jump into a situation and think you understand the players involved then claim a position of neutrality. But often neutrality only helps the ones doing the real harm.

In this instance, BearTribe is a typical forum troll. When people say he isn't good at Diablo 2... he isn't... When he says he is better than 17 year old veterans because he plays ladder and hardcore... he isn't better. When he calls everyone who disagrees with him a "cheater" and a "botter" he is just flamebaiting.

Also please think for a second, there is nothing stopping ANYONE from trading non ladder items for ladder items. So to claim "fg" is the problem because it can cross over, is the same as claiming trading non ladder items for ladder items is cheating. Also, despite what the ill-informed trolls say here, you don't need to buy fg to trade on jsp or even get fg.
02/02/2018 07:24 AMPosted by name32

of course, D2 items don't suddenly come into existence out of thin air, it is the product of labor; with duping, items and such DO suddenly come into existence out of thin air, which reduces the value of everyone's labor, including that of the person who duped

even without duping though, botting also reduces the value of everyone labor by introducing work(money) into the economy that wasn't generated with less labor(setting up the bots IS something, as extremely small as it may be) than that which would be required to cause the RNG to produce it

but theres no more botting and duping, I'd heard, so those botting and duping parts don't really matter anymore

don't expect me to post on this particular forum ever again unless this place stops being so cancerous

If you honestly believe that there are no bots or dupe methods that currently work you are grossly misleading yourself. And even so, new programs and methods will be made and will always be made. It is a constant battle for blizzard to keep these at bay.
01/27/2018 02:34 PMPosted by BearTribe
the cheaters and violators of the ToS over at jsp have an unnatural advantage because they are not starting the new ladder seasons with a clean slate, but with a stockpile of ToS breaking currency for buying game changing gear when it becomes available.

You make it sound like there is a competition. Advantage? In what? I may or may not have used that site to exchange several Spirit kits in order to get a shako. One+ month into the season I did not find one or could not trade for one in game. Still missing for example a torch not to mention basic items for other characters. What is the advantage I got over anyone else? I am trying to understand but I can't how me owning or not an item (and let's leave the hobbylawyer hairsplitting over these words for a little while) affects anyone in any way, other than making me a little more content or unhappy with my gaming experience.

I understand if a 3rd party currency is a little unusual, but at the end of the day it facilitates the exchange of items. I have tried exchanging items in game or on other websites and it's nearly impossible to achieve the same. At this point an in game (or browser based) marketplace would achieve the same thing, it would even be preferred by many including myself, but there's none. And by marketplace I don't mean auction house with $$ or some stupid means that actually translate to x hours of work for an item (which is essentially like buying it with $$).

If anything, d2jsp demonstrated that a marketplace is possible and severely needed, and apparently they are better at it than Blizzard themselves, judging by their auction house experiment. Hire that snake of a njaguar to make a marketplace, or throw him in jail for running a d2 marketplace succesfully for the past 10+ years, it's one of the 2 options really.

Onto a more serious issue, you are aware that these rules and laws and whatnot are generally a means, not a goal? Reflecting to your general attitude and borderline harrassing expressions, If you ever ran a red light you're also a potential murderer and threat to society that must be locked away for others' safety, or even punished severely medieval style because you could have killed someone, luckily most people are not like you and do not use your kind of reasoning and language...

02/02/2018 07:24 AMPosted by name32
maybe I'll just go back to offline single player with the single player ladder mod that lets me get ladder-only items/runewords in singleplayer

That would be cheating and makes you have the same advantage over others, though - getting access to some items you shouldn't have, not to mention modifying the game with 3rd party programs which is practically the main reason for bans...