[All] Account Support Upgrade [2/20/15 1015 PST] (Update 2)

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
Hi All,

Classic Games will be launching a new User Account Portal to fix ongoing issues with our titles email service.

Changes:
  • Setting an email on a new account will require verification via link sent via email
  • Changing an email on an account will require verification via link sent to the original email then require follow up verification via link sent to the new email
  • Account recovery will require verification via link sent via email and then allow user to enter new password
  • Diablo 2 characters can be renamed (cool down of 7 days unless the character is from asia2/asia3) by logging into chat with your diablo 2 character and using command /rename-character and then using the verification via link sent via email
  • Diablo 2 ladder leaderboard service upgrade
  • IP and CD Key Restriction service upgrade
    Roll out plan:
  • USWest 13th February (1030 PST)
  • USEast/Europe/Asia 20th February
    Known Issues:
  • No translation support for web portal (coming soon)
    Thanks Classic Games

Edit: We have had some last minute fixes that our QA team want more time to test so we have pushed the deploy to next week.

Edit2: We will be deploying to rest of regions today at 1015 PST.
    Great, thanks!
    Ip and cd key restriction service upgrade. What do this means? Do we get realm downs away finally?
    I'm so excited about this. I love to see support rolling out for this old title. Are there any intentions of expanding the support to constructive undertakings that might add new quality of life features?
    Can we get rid of your email showing when you log on b.net? I know there's hidden characters, but it can be pretty easily guessed in this world of streaming, especially with how little is hidden. Let's just say my old email would've been comprised real fast.

Small exemple is, if your name is MarkChandler3@hotmail.com, the censorship will show:

Ma*********r3@hotmail.com

Pretty easy to figure, gets worse if your email is short.
    Diablo 2 ladder leaderboard service upgrade

Can you give more details about that ?

IP and CD Key Restriction service upgrade

Refresh the ladder every week to remove dead/expired/banned characters. We don't need to see Rank 500.000, there aren't more than 10.000 players anyway.

I don't know what I should think about the second "upgrade".

Either you want to throttle our gameplay even more or it's some kind new protection that will backfire classic example: ISP Disconnects.

You have already angered the community by banning all mac users, a lot of certain Antivirus/Firewall users(and several players haven't been unbanned and some of those still trigger a ban).

And I already read complaints that VMs/Sandboxie trigger "Player not found" and poor game performance once you start the 3rd instance.

You want to anger the communtiy even more that they get "No new games can be created after eg 10 games per hour?"
    Great news! i cant wait to see kids who share accounts and bought accounts get finally rekt
    02/01/2018 02:50 AMPosted by OllyDB

Refresh the ladder every week to remove dead/expired/banned characters. We don't need to see Rank 500.000, there aren't more than 10.000 players anyway.

I don't know what I should think about the second "upgrade".

Either you want to throttle our gameplay even more or it's some kind new protection that will backfire classic example: ISP Disconnects.

You have already angered the community by banning all mac users, a lot of certain Antivirus/Firewall users(and several players haven't been unbanned and some of those still trigger a ban).

And I already read complaints that VMs/Sandboxie trigger "Player not found" and poor game performance once you start the 3rd instance.

You want to anger the communtiy even more that they get "No new games can be created after eg 10 games per hour?"

You do realize that they are referring to make it less strict so you can create more games per hour, right?

Trollin hard.
    Might be koo
    01/31/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Drayen
    Can we get rid of your email showing when you log on b.net? I know there's hidden characters, but it can be pretty easily guessed in this world of streaming, especially with how little is hidden. Let's just say my old email would've been comprised real fast.

Small exemple is, if your name is MarkChandler3@hotmail.com, the censorship will show:

Ma*********r3@hotmail.com

Pretty easy to figure, gets worse if your email is short.

Can look into this.
    These are some huge news! Renaming for our characters? is it a one time option? thank you blizzard
    02/01/2018 09:59 AMPosted by katten
    02/01/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Jesper
    These are some huge news! Renaming for our characters? is it a one time option? thank you blizzard

"cool down of 7 days" = once every 7 days in my mind

Inclined to agree, but that is a very liberal name changing policy! and by the context, it could mean once, but that non asia servers have to wait 7days post release.
    02/01/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Jesper

"cool down of 7 days" = once every 7 days in my mind
    anyone know why the server in us west is down
    01/26/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Mark Chandler

can we get some clarification of this? there are plenty of people who get realmed/tagged who play legit or unable to connects for no reason. Is this to adjust/fix this issue? or is it even more strict
    Is it possible diablo 2 will *ever see new runewords again?
    So is the name thing meaning everyone can just have the same name like d3 or does it mean u can just change the name of the char if the names not already taken on the realm? or is it meaning your just changing every ones chars to xxx then its free roam on names? I just recently typed my name in and got it finally after 15x years of trying on and off of playing ofc, but I could see this make a lot of players like my self quit after years of trying if they lose their real life names etc they worked on trying for years to get, idk just seems like a shaft to the players that stuck around keeping this game going for so long.

I can see if you did it like d3 so players still kept their names etc or make it so more then one could have it help defeat the players trading names and such but still keep the names they have. so could u clarify this a little better (maybe I'm just thinking to much into it sorry)

Maybe this too IP and CD Key Restriction service upgrade. Don't wanna sound like I'm complaining just wondering, Also you guys are doing an amazing job getting this game cleaned back up best ladder season in years even tho work life prevails now days :S lol!
    Maybe once u get all the cleaning /remaster and such completed maybe add some new runewords/uniques into play to spice the game up a bit for single/multiplayer doubt this one would happen but we can always hope (: Thanks!
    Thank you so much for your ongoing support for classic games. I have played Diablo II since 2001. I was most excited to read "IP and CD Key Restriction service upgrade". Could you please provide some clarification on what this means?

Thanks again! Your efforts are much appreciated :)
    My names Justin, and I approve this message.
    Woow niceee when is the anni aquire will take a change?