[D2] Unable to connect to the realm server (US West)

General Discussion
This morning I was resetting the timers on two nl accounts and was booted. I was going too fast. Just now I resumed where I left off but decided to make a game for the characters to sit in for a bit to slow things down. On my 4th connection I was restricted with the "Diablo II was unable to connect to the realm server." Could the lead server god fix this for me please?
I was playing just awhile ago as well, just started playing about 2 weeks ago, haven't had any problems. Got booted and got the same message.
Realm down message for me too.
It appears to be a problem on West. Could be something to do with the new stuff coming on the 8th of February.
Same here. Realm down. Must be a problem a problem on their end.
I hate to say it, but it’s good to hear others are having the same problem. Gives me hope that I will be grinding in the 90s by weeks end.
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/959197140290560001

blizzard CS told me that the server is fine
mine still says down
02/01/2018 02:59 PMPosted by bscot20
mine still says down

because you're banned
i cant be i didnt do anything that would ban me and other ppl say theres is also down
02/01/2018 02:56 PMPosted by bscot20
what kind of new stuff?

01/26/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

Classic Games will be launching a new User Account Portal to fix ongoing issues with our titles email service.

Changes:
  • Setting an email on a new account will require verification via link sent via email
  • Changing an email on an account will require verification via link sent to the original email then require follow up verification via link sent to the new email
  • Account recovery will require verification via link sent via email and then allow user to enter new password
  • Diablo 2 characters can be renamed (cool down of 7 days unless the character is from asia2/asia3) by logging into chat with your diablo 2 character and using command /rename-character and then using the verification via link sent via email
  • Diablo 2 ladder leaderboard service upgrade
  • IP and CD Key Restriction service upgrade
    Roll out plan:
  • USWest 8th February
  • USEast/Europe/Asia 15th February
    Known Issues:
  • No translation support for web portal (coming soon)
    Thanks Classic Games
    "Roll out plan:
    USWest 8th February"

Today is the 1st.
    02/01/2018 03:02 PMPosted by bscot20
    i cant be i didnt do anything that would ban me and other ppl say theres is also down
    Pay no mind, you're just being trolled.
    02/01/2018 03:08 PMPosted by MrGryphian
    "Roll out plan:
    USWest 8th February"

Today is the 1st.
    Yeah and they never test anything or do work before rolling out changes that could cause such a problem.
    02/01/2018 03:08 PMPosted by BearTribe
    02/01/2018 03:02 PMPosted by bscot20
    Pay no mind, you're just being trolled.

How am I trolling? I posted a link where blizzard CS said that the server isn't having issues. What else would it be if the server isn't down? A forcible connection rejection. A ban.
    Server is definitely not fine. :(
    There's a lot of people that just got banned for no reason then. Threads on multiple third party sites also popping up.
    just wish they would give notice to when they do something with servers
    02/01/2018 03:11 PMPosted by MrGryphian
    02/01/2018 03:08 PMPosted by BearTribe
    ...Pay no mind, you're just being trolled.

How am I trolling? I posted a link where blizzard CS said that the server isn't having issues. What else would it be if the server isn't down? A forcible connection rejection. A ban.
    Are you playing on US West right now?