Blizzard please buff bowazons!

General Discussion
Bowazons are absolutely worthless in this game! I can remember when a good bowazon was pure gold in this game... now what? Faith, is our best option and its crap. Please update faith or push out a new runeword which will at least allow a bowazon to contend with other builds in this game.
In PvP and/or PvM, Bowazons are extremely powerful. In terms of skill selection there's frw builds, tanky builds, teleport builds, ZvA, ZvZ, Amplify Damage builds, hybrid builds with powerful bow/furry combos or bow/poison jav builds.

In terms of charms you can even choose the damage you want to do, whether it's fire damage charms, poison damage charms, damage/dex charms, damage/life, damage/faster run walk, pure max damage, or whatever combo you want really. You can even mix/match java, bow or passive GC depending on what you're doing in PvM.

In terms of stats, you have the option to glass cannon, stack HP, or whatever depending on gear.

Bowzon is one of the few characters that when built correctly is a huge pain in the butt to kill, and extremely fun and rewarding to play. The problem is players not understanding the Bowazon and just maxing out guided arrow because they are clueless. There's so much to the class it's unreal. You should see some crazy builds people have.
03/11/2018 04:47 PMPosted by DirePants
In PvP and/or PvM, Bowazons are extremely powerful. In terms of skill selection there's frw builds, tanky builds, teleport builds, ZvA, ZvZ, Amplify Damage builds, hybrid builds with powerful bow/furry combos or bow/poison jav builds.

In terms of charms you can even choose the damage you want to do, whether it's fire damage charms, poison damage charms, damage/dex charms, damage/life, damage/faster run walk, pure max damage, or whatever combo you want really. You can even mix/match java, bow or passive GC depending on what you're doing in PvM.

In terms of stats, you have the option to glass cannon, stack HP, or whatever depending on gear.

Bowzon is one of the few characters that when built correctly is a huge pain in the butt to kill, and extremely fun and rewarding to play. The problem is players not understanding the Bowazon and just maxing out guided arrow because they are clueless. There's so much to the class it's unreal. You should see some crazy builds people have.

i agree with this most people just don't know how to build a bowazon anymore
hell i can take one hell mode with lycanders delerium and ias knockback crafted gloves and vary rarely get hit. i wont even attempt to make a bowazon with out at least these 3 things or full mavs set
I couldn't disagree more. For instance, my bowazon:

wep: windforce with shael
helm: Valkyrie wing with 40/15
belt: razor tail
boots: gore riders
armor: piece runeword
rings: BK & raven frost
ammy: cats eye
charms: 700+ poison damage and 2 bow GC's + amazon torch

She is level 80 and can barely handle hell by herself. In contrast, my level 83 hammerden:

helm: shako with um
ammulet: rare pally skiller with fcr
armor: stealth
gloves: magefist
weapon: hoto
rings: raven frost + dwarf star
shield: hoz with um
charms: 2 combat GC's and pally torch

Can carry full game baal runs...

My uber smiter... basically, his gear sucks but he can easily handle uber runs. Dont even get me started on how bad a bowazon is in pvp either. The fact of the matter is bowazons are one of the funnest classes to play until you realize just how !@#$ty you are in comparison to the elite classes. Especially when it comes to pvp.
03/14/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Vysero
I couldn't disagree more. For instance, my bowazon:

wep: windforce with shael
helm: Valkyrie wing with 40/15
belt: razor tail
armor: piece runeword
rings: BK & raven frost
ammy: cats eye
charms: 700+ poison damage and 2 bow GC's + amazon torch

She is level 80 and can barely handle hell by herself. In contrast, my level 83 hammerden:

helm: shako with um
ammulet: rare pally skiller with fcr
armor: stealth
gloves: magefist
weapon: hoto
rings: raven frost + dwarf star
shield: hoz with um
charms: 2 combat GC's and pally torch

Can carry full game baal runs...

My uber smiter... basically, his gear sucks but he can easily handle uber runs. Dont even get me started on how bad a bowazon is in pvp either. The fact of the matter is bowazons are one of the funnest classes to play until you realize just how !@#$ty you are in comparison to the elite classes. Especially when it comes to pvp.

Helm is a bad choice as is the armor. Can’t tell what gloves you got but that can make a huge difference. Also, poison damage is garbage, try max damage charms. Have to try to shoot for 89% ias total for multi or 42% at least for strafe.

I would try Andy’s visage, mavs, or ed/ias helm, fort armor or ed/ias armor, atmas, and make sure you have loh gloves. Also your merc can make a big difference. Use act 1 with a faith bow, act 2 might with infinity or pride, act 2 hf with similar weapons, or act 5 with last wish.

As for pvp, windforce will not cut it. You will need a faith bow.
I dont understand how putting out 700+ poison damage in 7 seconds is garbage? Helm and armor aren't the greatest choices but if I could afford a double socket giant skull and a coh I would obviously buy them.
03/14/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Vysero
I dont understand how putting out 700+ poison damage in 7 seconds is garbage? Helm and armor aren't the greatest choices but if I could afford a double socket giant skull and a coh I would obviously buy them.

Resists and the fact it does that damage over 7 seconds and couple that with the fact the damage does not get bonuses from ed. Max damage charms gain bonuses from ed, ds/crit strike, and amp damage (if you use atmas). Ar is nice too for anything not rare or a boss.

Also if you don’t use atmas, highlords is the way to go before cats eye.

Chains is better than peace but still not what you should use. If you can afford coh, hold out for fort (even a bad roll isn’t too expensive) or a jewelers armor of whale with ed/ias jewels.

Giant skull is neat and if you are into it, grab one, CB is nice to have. Ed/ias is the way to go.

Bowazons have crap for ed from skills when compared to other classes, you have to try your best to get ed off your gear (hence why fort, ed jewels, amp damage, and ed giving auras are so important) and with the high damage of wf it makes a huge difference once you build it up some.
Helmets
You could use items with crushing blow to effectively gain a "Static Field". Guillaumes and Giant Skull are great choices. Guillaumes is the top though in my opinion as it offers hit recovery and deadly strike as well. GS does have knock back though which can allow you to lazily spam and not really get attacked.

Armor
Twitchthroe is low level and really solid. You can also get nicer items like Fort or 160/60 IAS armor. Bone Flesh is decent low item as well to bleed monsters, crow caw being a better version of bone flesh, and tooth row being the best for bleeding. Multi arrow spam with crushing blow and bleeds will absolutely clear a level out with out the need for raw arrow damage. Just got to be creative...

Gloves
I'm sure there's lots of options, but laying of hands is my top choice and only recommendation for PvM. 350% damage to demons is like a super fort armor on your hands + IAS + Fire resist. It's a mid level set item I guess? Pretty easy to get.

Belt
You could use razor tail for pierce, or nos for leech and slow. I like thunder god vigor for the tanking aspect vs Wisp + free lightning fury with an offhand java for when stuff gets hairy. There's a few other options for leech or DR or whatever but I like Tgod best for how common and good it is.

Boots
I really prefer war travs for the raw damage, but gores are good. you can use other boots as well, but travs for damage feels best to me.

Amulets
IMO Cats eye is best for kiting and gunning down things. Highlords is nice but not needed imo. Plus you lose raw dex damage and run speed. If Atmas glitch was fixed then I'd use that over all other amulets for the amp damage. Not sure if poison still takes a crap on Zon crit chance?

Rings
Raven plus a ring that has damage and/or dex mods is great. With leech is even better :) + skills from BK seems useless and the leech is too low to care. no idea why you'd take it.

Bows
Wind force is good, if you're lacking in crushing blow you could BER it, or if you wanted to upgrade DS you could Lo it. Even OHM for raw damage is good. Chances are in ladder you won't hit your IAS breakpoints anyway so just be away what they are and don't waste the socket on a Shael unless it's putting you where you want to be with IAS. Even Ith rune is decent for some extra damage. Faith is best with a fort for the aura speed and damage. Lycanders is good as well for the leech + dex and raw damage mod on top of 200ED max.

Javs
Titans are solid and available just use them... fury is OP.

Charms
700 poison isn't a low of damage. It's also slow over time. Fire element charms or max damage/dex charms seem to be king in PvM.

Overall you need to ditch the comparison between zon and hdin or whatever. Bowzons have strength in speed of attack and clearing large waves of monsters. If you're building physical damage but poor just focus on crushing blow and bleeds. Those stats don't care if you're a billion HP. When you get richer look into fire and max damage. I've never had a ton of issues "carrying" chaos runs because you can just multi arrow and strafe everything straight to hell.