"Battle.net Launcher.exe" has generic white icon in Windows 10 taskbar

Bug Report

Feb 7, 2014
Hello Hyphen,

One of our brilliant users has provided steps to workaround this issue that has helped some folks restore the icon to the original state.
1. Right click on the taskbar button
2. right click on "Battle.net" -> click properties
3. Click Change Icon...
4. Click ok.
Hope that helps! If this doesn't fix the issue let us know.

*https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11676427585

THE PROVIDED SOLUTION DOES NOT HELP because in my icon settings there is a normal Battlenet icon so everything should work, but on the taskbar is just a blank icon.

Please provide a proper solution.
I've noticed it occasionally, but didn't care enough to file a bug report. It resolved itself on my system.
Highly Rated
So this happened when I moved my Battle.net to a new drive without a fresh install.

How I fixed it on Windows 10
1. Right click on the blank Battle.net icon
2. You should see from the bottom Close window -> Pin to taskbar - > Battlenet with the blank icon as well
3. Click on this blank icon you will be met with the "shortcut not found, delete?" message
4. Say Yes then right click and close out of battle.net on the taskbar (fully not minimize)
5. Reopen then voila.

This si what worked for me and I'm glad to be done with that. Super annoying bug lol
04/28/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Lukko
So this happened when I moved my Battle.net to a new drive without a fresh install.

2. You should see from the bottom Close window -> Pin to taskbar - > Battlenet with the blank icon as well
3. Click on this blank icon you will be met with the "shortcut not found, delete?" message
4. Say Yes then right click and close out of battle.net on the taskbar (fully not minimize)
5. Reopen then voila.

This si what worked for me and I'm glad to be done with that. Super annoying bug lol

Finally!

Blizzard, reward this person, this is the correct answer.
05/13/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Hellbender

5. Reopen then voila.

Finally!

Blizzard, reward this person, this is the correct answer.

This worked for me as well. Easy fix. Thanks!!
nothing worked, still shows the white imagine, i cant open battlenet over the taskbar in general :/

im on windows 7 btw

5. Reopen then voila.

Worked for me, Thanks!!
I had the same thing and now it's fixed.

I checked taskbar and in bnet properties it said "shortcut not found, delete?"
Deleting didn't helped.

If you have bnet in different location then C you need to copy new battle net .exe file and paste it into C folder (remove old one). It should work instantly.
What worked for me is i Pressed windows key and dragged the battle.net app from the start menu down to the task bar

5. Reopen then voila.

Thank you so much!
For others that moved the folder to a new drive as well but the solution above didn't work, you can do this:

Open Start > Battle.net folder > right click Battle.net icon > More > Open file location.

This should take you to the old/original folder location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Battle.net

When you see the icon file, just go to its Properties by right clicking, change the Target and Start in directories to the current one and Change Icon by using the current location of your battle.net executable file.

Cheers!

5. Reopen then voila.

I LOVE YOU! I've literally spent an hour trying to fix this and you fixed it within seconds. Thank you so much<3

5. Reopen then voila.

Thank you. That worked a charm

5. Reopen then voila.

Thank you! I even went and cleared the icon & thumbnail cache to fix and it didn't work.
Posted by Lukko

5. Reopen then voila.

this worked, thank you! ^^

5. Reopen then voila.

OMG THANK YOU
This didn't work. Now I just have 2 icons, a battle.net icon and a blank one for bnet the pops up after I open bnet.
I fixed it.

If you have a black icon and when you open it up and it says to insert a disc. This will help you or even anyone who doesn't have this error and just wants to change the icon of a taskbar application.

1. Pin the application to your taskbar by right clicking and pinning it.
2. Fully terminate the application meaning going to task manager and ending it.
3. Hold shift + right click on the blank pinned icon
4. Click Properties
5. Change the Target to where your Battle.net Laucher.exe is located.
Could be at "C:\Program Files\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"
6. Change the Start in to where your Battle.net folder is located
Could be at "C:\Program Files\Battle.net"
7. Click "Change Icon..." and then click "Browse..." and look for the Battle.net Laucher.exe located in the folder on step 6
8. Click Open > select the Battle.net icon on the box > click OK > click Apply
9. Enjoy not getting irritated by the icon bug :)
10/22/2018 08:46 PMPosted by FinalSTriiKe
I fixed it.

If you have a black icon and when you open it up and it says to insert a disc. This will help you or even anyone who doesn't have this error and just wants to change the icon of a taskbar application.

1. Pin the application to your taskbar by right clicking and pinning it.
2. Fully terminate the application meaning going to task manager and ending it.
3. Hold shift + right click on the blank pinned icon
4. Click Properties
5. Change the Target to where your Battle.net Laucher.exe is located.
Could be at "C:\Program Files\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"
6. Change the Start in to where your Battle.net folder is located
Could be at "C:\Program Files\Battle.net"
7. Click "Change Icon..." and then click "Browse..." and look for the Battle.net Laucher.exe located in the folder on step 6
8. Click Open > select the Battle.net icon on the box > click OK > click Apply
9. Enjoy not getting irritated by the icon bug :)

Dude, you're the real !@#$ing MVP!! Tried every single option that everyone mentioned on different forums, only this worked. Thank a lot <3 :D