[War III] You're Invited - Warcraft III Invitational!

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Over 15 years since the release of Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III has a new major patch coming and your favorite players are throwing the first Warcraft III Invitational to celebrate it!

Hosted by casters Neo and Remo of Back2Warcraft, join us on February 27 and February 28 on Twitch for a slew of special events, including Free-for-All, 4v4’s, and other friendly competitions. Well-known Warcraft III competitors from around the world will be getting together live at Blizzard HQ to showcase their talents in friendly competition!

We love and continue to support our Warcraft III community, and we’re excited to see classic competitors like Manuel “Grubby” Schenkhuizen, Park “Lyn” Joon, and Kim “ReMinD” Sung Sik try out all the new PTR changes for themselves—including balance adjustments to many heroes, 16:9 widescreen support, and more – all playable now on the PTR!

Be sure to tune in for your own sneak peek and check out our PTR patch notes for more information.

• Neo [Observer] Germany
• Remo [Observer] Germany
• Happy [Undead] Russia
• Foggy [Night Elf] Ukraine
• HawK [Human] Russia
• Effect [Human] Sweden
• ReMinD [Night Elf] South Korea
• Lyn [Orc] South Korea
• FoCuS [Orc] South Korea
• LawLiet [Night Elf] South Korea
• Grubby [Orc] Netherlands
• MaDFroG [Undead] Sweden
• Insomnia [Human] Bulgaria
• Tak3r [Orc] Germany
Madfrog, Insomnia, and Tak3r. Those are some old school names, holy! Grew up in Korea watching Madfrog destroy Koreans was such an amazing feeling. Watching him win the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational and the SUMA pro-league was such a treat.
Highly Rated

You are beautiful people. <3 This is so hype!
I hope you guys get a good turn out!
You guys actually are going to bring MadFroG and Insomnia ! Yes.

I was expecting to see My God Moon tho :(
I was not expecting this to happen.
Neo thanks so much for your hard work. This means so much to so many people.

Thanks Blizz as well. WC3 is the #1 game forever.
Highly Rated
No remaster?

Anyway, here's what I said I would like to see in Remaster. Maybe it can be patched instead.

Here's a list of what needs to be changed with a WC3 remaster:

1. Fix the ladder system by making it MMR based, ranking everyone, not just the top 1000.

2. Fix maphacking.

3. Merge the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne clients into one single client, like SC2 does.

4. Add integration with modern Battle.net.

5. Require WC3 accounts to be tied to a Battle.net account to reduce smurfing, like SC2.

6. Have map rotations every several months, like SC2 seasons.

7. Widescreen support.

8. Update the maps on the campaign loading screen to be consistent with the WoW world map.

9. Update the [Battle.net WC3 ladder website](http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-ladders.aspx?Gateway=Lordaeron) (the data on that website is like from the year 2005).

Some things that would be nice to have:

1. Remake the WC1 and WC2 story in WC3.

2. Start the game in the B.net lobby and move all the menus (including single player) into the B.net lobby, like in SC2.

3. Add good SC2 features, such as the ability to be in multiple chat channels, the new arcade system, match history in profiles.

Wheres my WGDFers at it's LW-Stupidus reporting in
not sure why? what year is this?
keep on!
Can't wait!
please put wc3 on the battle net launcher already : S
Can anyone say Warcraft 4??!!!???!??!??!??!??!??!?????????!!???????????????
It would be great to hear an announcement soon! I have my money in my hand just waiting for the Warcraft 4 pre-order!

On a more relevant note Grubby [Orc] Netherlands!!!!! Oh ya!!

Thanks Blizzard for all the great games and here's to Warcraft 4 whenever it comes out :)
boo. just remaster d2 first. then focus on yawn war3
"By the light of the moon!"

If you guys need an extra Observer/Caster for the event in Irvine I would like to volunteer myself.