Warcraft 3 remaster is coming...or does it?

General Discussion
With the recent event's it came clear to me that remaster might be in on the way.
But i could not find any "real" information other than rumors that remaster might be coming.
But with the recent invitational event in US it seems like they are putting up the stage for a remaster, but on the other hand it could just be that they intend to >revive Warcraft 3 "from the dead", what i mean by that line is, that its possible that they only intend to give Warcraft 3 new updates, bug fixes and etc . But again it could be that they are "testing" new things for Warcraft, that they intend to put in Warcraft 3 Remastered, like the 24 Player mode.
I have high hopes that there will be a Wc3 remaster This year or "someday".
But for now, its better not to be hyped for a remaster over a rumor(in my opinion), until Blizzard says there will be a remaster.
Honestly, I'm OK just with a re-animation of the game and the community. The thing is a Remaster might bug things up with old maps like Starcraft Remastered did, though they did released that anyways so I think it is eventual that W3 will get a remaster as well. I just hope that it won't bring any more problems to the table.
I just want modern battlenet suport. I'd pay current release prices for Frozen Throne with it. Maybe an expanded asset library for the creation tool if Blizzard is feeling frisky.
I expect an announcement at the invitational TBH. If it doesn't get announced there, it will still definitely happen IMO.
Would just like the game fixed tbh.
I'd rather not have a remaster.
02/25/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Yorginvik
I'd rather not have a remaster.

Why? Also even if they just do it like Starcraft 1, with the original free and the remaster paid for?
02/24/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Basher
Honestly, I'm OK just with a re-animation of the game and the community. The thing is a Remaster might bug things up with old maps like Starcraft Remastered did, though they did released that anyways so I think it is eventual that W3 will get a remaster as well. I just hope that it won't bring any more problems to the table.

Actually, the graphics are one of the things that don't need to be change as they hold up very well even today. It's mostly WC3 Battle.net and other non-gameplay aspects of the game that should be modernized.
02/25/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Eigenscape
02/24/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Basher

Actually, the graphics are one of the things that don't need to be change as they hold up very well even today. It's mostly WC3 Battle.net and other non-gameplay aspects of the game that should be modernized.

This is the reason why in my opinion Warcraft 3 should be the last one to remaster. All the other warcraft and diablo games need it more.
02/25/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Konstantin

This is the reason why in my opinion Warcraft 3 should be the last one to remaster. All the other warcraft and diablo games need it more.

Warcraft 2 actually looks fairly good given how old the game is.
it is, and I don't really care about the graphics of a sixteen year-old game. Though like I said, it might modernize the systems and bring new stuff, but it'll also uninevitably break something in the process, there are many ancient custom maps that hardly work and may no longer work anymore. I still am behind my opinion on fixing all the problems first, creating a flawless template then make the re-master...
02/25/2018 10:12 AMPosted by oldskoolboy
02/25/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Konstantin

Warcraft 2 actually looks fairly good given how old the game is.

Yeah WCII is still gg I dont know why we dont have ships in WCIII ;(
02/25/2018 12:41 PMPosted by dR4GO0n

Most of the maps in W3 are land maps with very little water, but theres a custom map called battleships with lots of sea and ships.
It will most likely be ANNOUNCED and come out in August/September
the patch will probably be released as soon as the event goes live.
02/26/2018 05:21 AMPosted by oldskoolboy
02/25/2018 12:41 PMPosted by dR4GO0n

Most of the maps in W3 are land maps with very little water, but theres a custom map called battleships with lots of sea and ships.

I mean more important ship role like it was in WC2. I miss ladder maps with more water, refineries and oil rusource.
02/26/2018 07:06 AMPosted by dR4GO0n
02/26/2018 05:21 AMPosted by oldskoolboy

I mean more important ship role like it was in WC2. I miss ladder maps with more water, refineries and oil rusource.

I mostly played garden of war when i was playing ladder in W2 so i didn't bother much about ships. You'd have to completely redesign some of the ladder maps in W3 for that to happen so its most likely not going to happen.
02/24/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Happybee
I just want modern battlenet suport. I'd pay current release prices for Frozen Throne with it. Maybe an expanded asset library for the creation tool if Blizzard is feeling frisky.

I'd be happy just to get an Oceanic server so we stop having to connect all the way to the US to play an RTS game that's completely micro based.
Tbh, i hope they announce it, its been a while since we had a awesome RTS - with slower paced gameplay.