Item thats not dupped vanished from my account

General Discussion
I had yellow boots that had strength,dexerity,faster run and walk with resist and i personalized them with anya and after i entered a different game they dissappeared .I am very upset due to find them again will be impossible
03/10/2018 11:40 PMPosted by bscot20
I had yellow boots that had strength,dexerity,faster run and walk with resist and i personalized them with anya and after i entered a different game they dissappeared .I am very upset due to find them again will be impossible
anyone there
if you traded for them they were probably duped. that or you misplaced them
03/10/2018 11:53 PMPosted by bscot20
03/10/2018 11:40 PMPosted by bscot20
anyone there
2 am PMT on a Sunday? Really?
03/11/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Wizard
Boots with str only spawned way back when. So it means they were duped.
How so?
03/11/2018 08:18 AMPosted by BearTribe
03/11/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Wizard
Boots with str only spawned way back when. So it means they were duped.
How so?

most users don't have prepatch boots, that's why the few who do are so rich. The vast majority of rare boots with strength mods on them are dupes. I Didn't even read the guy's post really til' i saw Wiz mention str. They were 100% duped.
I understand now, strength suffixes don't appear on magic and rare boots at all, anymore. Hence duped and poof.
03/11/2018 12:56 PMPosted by DirePants
03/11/2018 08:18 AMPosted by BearTribe
...How so?

most users don't have prepatch boots, that's why the few who do are so rich. The vast majority of rare boots with strength mods on them are dupes. I Didn't even read the guy's post really til' i saw Wiz mention str. They were 100% duped.

items before 1.10 don't exists anymore due to mass character deletions. also the rare prefix.txt and rare suffix.txt havnt changed since 1.07 so rare boots with str on them will still drop being as magic boots still spawn with str on them

all these rare suffix are from rare boots with the possibility of spawning str on them

shank
spur
tread
stalker
greave
blazer
nails
trample
Brogues
track
slippers

keep an eye out with rare boots with these names in them as they will more then likely spawn with str in them
I was looking a the list of prefixes and suffixes. There are no strength prefixes at all and no strength suffixes on boots.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/

Edit: That being said I've read that you can't gamble set items any more and I know that isn't true as I gambled Sander's boots this ladder and Sigon's Gloves on previous ladders.
03/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by BearTribe
I was looking a the list of prefixes and suffixes. There are no strength prefixes at all and no strength suffixes on boots.

Edit: That being said I've read that you can't gamble set items any more and I know that isn't true as I gambled Sander's boots this ladder and Sigon's Gloves on previous ladders.

Don't worry about Velenious, he has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Rare prefix and suffix item names have nothing to do with their item prefix/suffix stats. Here's how it works:

Rare Items
- Rare item drops and is ID'd
- Rare item has a random name like "Soul Splitter" "Shadow Spiral" etc... the name doesn't affect stats whatsoever.
- Rare item randomly rolls between 1 and 6 total mods (3 prefix and 3 suffix mods max).
- The names of the prefix/suffix mods in a rare item aren't shown and have different limitations on some stats as compared to magic items. Some stats can be the same, while other stats can't roll as high due to being rare.

Magic Items
- Magic item drops and is ID'd
- Magic item has a possibility to roll a prefix, suffix, or both.
- The magic item's name tells you what the prefix and suffix are, and how high/low the stats can roll for that name.
- For example, you can roll a socketed magic armor with either mechanics, artisans, or jeweler's mod, depending on which prefix you get, you can have between two and 4 sockets. On a rare armor item you can only get a max of two sockets with the mechanics mod.
- Some stats are the same though, like quickness, which is 30% faster run/walk and can roll on either a rare or magic item.

Just look up the arreat summit to see the possibilities. This Velenious is trolling, or really has no clue...
03/11/2018 11:13 PMPosted by DirePants
03/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by BearTribe

Don't worry about Velenious, he has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Rare prefix and suffix item names have nothing to do with their item prefix/suffix stats. Here's how it works:

Rare Items
- Rare item drops and is ID'd
- Rare item has a random name like "Soul Splitter" "Shadow Spiral" etc... the name doesn't affect stats whatsoever.
- Rare item randomly rolls between 1 and 6 total mods (3 prefix and 3 suffix mods max).
- The names of the prefix/suffix mods in a rare item aren't shown and have different limitations on some stats as compared to magic items. Some stats can be the same, while other stats can't roll as high due to being rare.

Magic Items
- Magic item drops and is ID'd
- Magic item has a possibility to roll a prefix, suffix, or both.
- The magic item's name tells you what the prefix and suffix are, and how high/low the stats can roll for that name.
- For example, you can roll a socketed magic armor with either mechanics, artisans, or jeweler's mod, depending on which prefix you get, you can have between two and 4 sockets. On a rare armor item you can only get a max of two sockets with the mechanics mod.
- Some stats are the same though, like quickness, which is 30% faster run/walk and can roll on either a rare or magic item.

Just look up the arreat summit to see the possibilities. This Velenious is trolling, or really has no clue...

Nice copy and paste you have there
and yes i do know what i am talking about and i have dropped quite a few rare and magic boots with str on them this ladder season i also just doubled checked the Magic Suffix.txt from the 1.14 patch and it clearly shows of the Ox, of the Giant and of the Titan that all have str on them for boots and range from 7-20 str on them. The Rare Suffix.txt hasn't changed since 1.07. all changes to txt files get put into the current Patch_D2.mpq

Name version spawnable rare level maxlevel levelreq classspecific class classlevelreq frequency group mod1code mod1param mod1min mod1max mod2code mod2param mod2min mod2max mod3code mod3param mod3min mod3max transform transformcolor itype1 itype2 itype3 itype4 itype5 itype6 itype7 etype1 etype2 etype3 divide multiply add

of the Ox 0 1 1 47 35 34 str 7 10 shld boot glov 0 0 0

of the Giant 0 1 1 62 46 34 str 11 15 1 dgld boot glov ring shld 0 0 0

of the Titan 0 1 1 30 22 34 str 16 20 1 dgld boot belt amul 0 0 0

Just so you know The Arreat Summit maybe the official guide but hasn't been finished at all there is still a lot of stuff that they haven't added in yet.
The affixes of the Giant and of the Titan you listed certainly still exist. Pre-expansion affixes unfortunately have a frequency of zero and should not be chosen when generating an item in 1.14d, even in classic.
03/11/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Velenious
03/11/2018 12:56 PMPosted by DirePants

items before 1.10 don't exists anymore due to mass character deletions. also the rare prefix.txt and rare suffix.txt havnt changed since 1.07 so rare boots with str on them will still drop being as magic boots still spawn with str on them

all these rare suffix are from rare boots with the possibility of spawning str on them

shank
spur
tread
stalker
greave
blazer
nails
trample
Brogues
track
slippers

keep an eye out with rare boots with these names in them as they will more then likely spawn with str in them

Legit boots with strength on them do exist. They haven’t dropped since before lod but to say no one owns a legit non duped pair is just ignorant and delusional. They are exceptionally rare and also rarely traded. While it’s true most have been lost to either account closures or more commonly, accounts/characters expiring, you do see them from time to time.
I didn't copy/paste that information, but thanks for thinking I was copying a source. Also, the str mods exist in the game still due to older items but cannot drop anymore. Done arguing, you're a trolling panning for attention :D

Legit boots with strength on them do exist. They haven’t dropped since before lod but to say no one owns a legit non duped pair is just ignorant and delusional. They are exceptionally rare and also rarely traded. While it’s true most have been lost to either account closures or more commonly, accounts/characters expiring, you do see them from time to time.
Yes sadly "legit" is a loose term for the majority of them. Most of the rare prepatch boots you see are old massively duped items. There's very few "legit" rare prepatch items that weren't duped and they usually tend to be no where near as good as the ones picked to dupe. That's why you'll see so many of the same prepatch rare items.