[War3] 1.29 Post Patch Can't Run Fix

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Howdy,

We've discovered an issue with the enGB version of the new build. Please follow these steps to remove it, and use the enUS version until we deploy a fix.

PC
1. End all Battle.net/Blizzard Processes in Task Manager: Blizzard Battle.net App (32 bit) and Blizzard Update Agent (32 bit)
2. Delete C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
3. Open File Explorer
4. Enter Regedit
5. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher
5. Delete w3
4. Uninstall Warcraft III
5. Reinstall Warcraft III (select enUS)

Mac
If updating from 1.27 or earlier version:
1. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/
2. Delete Warcraft III

1.28 versions:
1. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/
2. Delete Warcraft III

All:
3. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/
4. Delete any file with 'Blizzard' or 'Battle'
5. Navigate to ~/Applications
6. Delete Warcraft III
7. Navigate to ~/Users/Shared/
8. Delete Battle.net
9. Empty the Trash bin.
10. Install Warcraft III enUS version

Cheers,
Classic
Fixed it for me!

Many thanks Pete
I'm trying to install Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne and im am stuck on the select location and the 2 check boxes. When i hit continue it does nothing.
Bar process of 1.29 updating is stuck at 0%. I alowed blizzard application to change my file during the start of update.

So i have 1 hypothese : may it's just a bad timing to make update cause too mutch people doing it

or is it just me ? Thanks for feed back
Some bugs i noticed playing Dota before the workaround above, in case they were not fixed:

- Cant sell some items
- NPCs not droping gold
- Minimap not showing NPC's nests
- Distorted graphics at inventory/minimap/actions area
- Trouble picking back items from the ground

Hope it helps.
04/10/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Crimsonwolf
I'm trying to install Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne and im am stuck on the select location and the 2 check boxes. When i hit continue it does nothing.

I got the same issue with the installer. "Continue". I could install the PTR on the same PC with no problems, what changed?
04/10/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Kelgrim
04/10/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Crimsonwolf

I got the same issue with the installer. "Continue". I could install the PTR on the same PC with no problems, what changed?

Had the same. This is due to choosing English (UK) when installing. Choose English (US) instead and it works.
english us dont work too cant continue the installer
My FPS is extremely unstable, it's even lower than 30 FPS, anyone knows why?
Using Mac, did not work for me.

I deleted all blizzard apps and reinstalled wc3.
feelsbadman.

I am using Mac High Sierra 10.13.4.
What about the ladderreset Pete?
greetz
install stuck at 99%
help

http://tinypic.com/r/35jb28x/9

storm.dll is missing from computer when i click the other warcraft.exe
Fix that mouseBUG!!!
Cant play with 4:3 now LOL
Still getting the "A required file was not found on Battle.net"
Followed every step in every guide I could find so far.

I'm on a Mac.
I am unable to uninstall the game on PC. everyime I click uninstall from the installer it does nothing and just refreshs.

Another note is I dond't have classic launcher under
Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher

I just had launcher and it did not have W3 in it, I had a Warcraft 3 in Blizzard Entertainment however and just went from there.

Edit: Also the game doesn't appear in my control panel Uninstall Programs

Edit 2: just realised I had to open warcraft 3 from the Warcraft 3 Launcher.exe, however the game broke the other launch option and now wants a disc, I assume a repair or a reinstall can be done to fix this.
I've done everything that was posted and it still isn't working. When I load war3 TFT after installing it says its 1.21 , I click battle.net , it updates then I click restart and it loads for a few seconds then closes out and I get an error message saying "warcraft3 is already running" and nothing happens
Anyone having an issue with incorrect password when trying to connect to battle.net?
is there any way to have menu aspect ratio fit the screen and not have black stripes on left and right side of screen edge? ingame resolution works fine, fills whole screen, but in menu its not. i cant find fix aspect ratio in options.
04/11/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Turtlepie
Anyone having an issue with incorrect password when trying to connect to battle.net?

select proper gateway, mine wasnt europe by default somehow.