Patch 1.29 broke the game

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Lol so many ungrateful whiners in this thread. The internet never ceases to amaze me.
04/29/2018 12:51 PMPosted by cmonk
Lol so many ungrateful whiners in this thread. The internet never ceases to amaze me.

Grow up.
04/29/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Achogar
Remember, none of these issues were in Warcraft 3 before they put their hands on it.
Yes but Warcraft III had many other issues which are now fixed...
04/29/2018 04:52 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
04/29/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Achogar
Remember, none of these issues were in Warcraft 3 before they put their hands on it.
Yes but Warcraft III had many other issues which are now fixed...

name some of those. except for win10 compat which can be achieved by a simple fake dx9 dll inside wc3 folder.
05/03/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Drarak
Still no fix as per today Thursday, 3 May.

We are still waiting to play a game that we have played for 16 years without problems. It's getting obvious now that these developers from classic team are too arrogant to admit their mistakes. I think blizzard should be notified about the way they treat some of the people who has been here from the beginning.
I think as long as there are people saying they're doing a good job with the patches they probably won't touch those problems. I see you are pretty fed up. I hope they bring back the fixed aspect ratio and solve all the main problems that people think made the game unplayable.

I don't know if Blizzard decides what to fix and what not to fix based on how many people complain. I hope not.
We are still waiting to play a game that we have played for 16 years without problems.
In those 16 years Warcraft III has had a ton of problems. Ranging from stack overflow exploits to arbitrary code execution. Its current state can only be an improvement over those.
Ok, can someone explain to me how does messing up the screen quantify as a "fix" to anything? I'm with everyone who is saying that the last patch made the game unplayable. Honestly, don't care about "fat" models - they are way way WAY less intrusive than two giant black bars on each side of the monitor.

The only fix now, is to lower the resolution down to a 4:3 aspect, which would give you the previous "fat" models, and a full screen of view, but at the expense of massively lowering the sharpness of textures blurring them, as a result of playing at a lower than native resolution.

And don't give me the whole "known issues" thing - this is a DELIBERATELY CREATED AND FORCED ISSUE where no such issue existed before.

Honestly - how do anyone on the Blizzard team get up in the morning, go to work, look at a 16 year old game, and think "hey, I know what would be a GREAT idea!".... Though now that I think of it, I'm actually willing to put my money on Blizzard trying to kill off WC3 with stunts like this. If I'm right, I doubt they will revert back to the playable patch (or the "features" of) for this game.
Is there any chance that they'll revert back to an older patch like 1.26 or 1.27?

If not, I'd gladly buy the game a second time, but this time on CD and not from the Blizzard website but rather from a page like Amazon and then patch it to 1.27, just to play the game normally, like it used to be.

I don't trust pirated copies. I have a bad experience with them including viruses and lots of errors in the game.
05/04/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Volkier
Ok, can someone explain to me how does messing up the screen quantify as a "fix" to anything? I'm with everyone who is saying that the last patch made the game unplayable. Honestly, don't care about "fat" models - they are way way WAY less intrusive than two giant black bars on each side of the monitor.
There are no black bars on each side of the display in game, which is the only place it matters.

There are in the menus and loading screens. One really should not be spending most of their time playing Warcraft III staring at these...
The only fix now, is to lower the resolution down to a 4:3 aspect, which would give you the previous "fat" models, and a full screen of view, but at the expense of massively lowering the sharpness of textures blurring them
It does not massively lower the sharpness of textures. Textures are always not sharp as Warcraft III does not use trilinear filtering (mipmap interpolate mode) or anisotropic filtering. Let us not forget how low resolution the textures are to start with. It adds a slight horizontal blur.
And don't give me the whole "known issues" thing - this is a DELIBERATELY CREATED AND FORCED ISSUE where no such issue existed before.
They are issues introduced by the update process. I do admit I am not sure why they are making it to the live releases, but I am kind of old school when it comes to releases, aiming for perfection.
Honestly - how do anyone on the Blizzard team get up in the morning, go to work, look at a 16 year old game, and think "hey, I know what would be a GREAT idea!".... Though now that I think of it, I'm actually willing to put my money on Blizzard trying to kill off WC3 with stunts like this.
Most of the ideas came from Hive Workshop, a community driven and run site. Many map developers even requested features such as raising player count. I was one of the several dozen to request proper wide screen support.
If I'm right, I doubt they will revert back to the playable patch (or the "features" of) for this game.
Current patches are playable. If anything custom map development has taken off with the recent patches.
05/06/2018 12:19 AMPosted by ShyFX
Is there any chance that they'll revert back to an older patch like 1.26 or 1.27?
No because those are not very compatible with Windows 10. In fact they are not that compatible with anything beyond XP and have to be hacked into working.
What? I played Warcraft 3 on 1.27 two years ago when I bought it and it worked perfectly fine on Windows 10. I don't know about XP though. No hacking needed.
Okay stop throwing !@#$ to the face of other people, i just want to ask, really NO ONE here ( who are medium and high level of computer knowledge) has been able to create a patch, crack, .bat, any kind of FIX to see the resolution of the game again normal?
Since the .exe start to dissapear and go throught the strange bnet launcher ( like hs) we cant play too much with registers or shortcuts commands for fix the resolution >.<
Warcraft 3 was working just fine on windows 10 before classic team began releasing patches. We didn't have these issues that we got now.
No it was not. Unless you ran in OpenGL mode, which had buggy text display, you had abysmal performance (15 FPS or less) due to the version of D3D8 Windows10 uses/used having abysmal performance.

One also had to run the game with elevated security permissions, which is not safe seeing how there are arbitrary code execution exploits in old versions.

We are still waiting to play a game that we have played for 16 years without problems. It's getting obvious now that these developers from classic team are too arrogant to admit their mistakes. I think blizzard should be notified about the way they treat some of the people who has been here from the beginning.
Huh? Dude, you should be grateful that they increased channel and clan limit!! People have been asking for this for years.... And also they added 24 players in maps with new colors that you literally would have to be colorblind to design because like three of them look EXACTLY LIKE COLORS THAT EXIST (lmao). Don't you see all the new 24 player custom maps (even though the patches clearly give no damn about custom maps) that all the mappers are making because it's such a viable option considering most people get FPS/lag issues in very large scale maps as it is--and all the creative mappers (who quit a long time ago) have been totally asking for this for years!!! Oh wait, no one has ever remotely asked for 24 lobby games especially not 10 years past the games prime, where no one would or could take advantage of it.

Ok /sarcams off. To your issues that now randomly exist go ahead and add not being able to select specific areas of text in the game lobby search (strings are absolutely bugged somehow worked fine for 16 years btw), not being able to hit esc/alt+a to leave lobbies (lobbies in general have other bugs for over a month like when you click to move slots, the mouse cursor displaces and distorts...), a rare bug that actually causes the mouse to stop responding properly in games, the resolution completely screwing up if you hit a specific key combo for the entire game because the in-game menu options are STILL useless (this could be an actual improvement you could make).

The fact that anyone tries to defend Blizzard or jumps to attack Drarak is a joke. I actually called it months ago that when they start working on this game there was going to start being random issues and things they screw up. Btw news flash, the "new design team" (just to clarify to all the sheep that somehow think this is the original designers of RoC/TFT/bnet...) hasn't really improved a single thing of the game other than the ladder ping which was literally 10+ years behind technology (MOBAs had introduced low ping ranked long before this) so I imagine it was the simplest change ever. Aside from that, they released a decent balancing patch. There really hasn't been a single technical thing improved, not one, go ahead and try to argue it. "Oh, but give them time they are working!!@!". It's been what, 3 or 4 months? And that's just the time we KNOW they were working on it, it probably has been much longer. Basic programming on a 16 year old game.

Oh, and for people who think I'm just "complaining and not offering anything". I've offered things that would be improvements and actually easy to add, so have people in the 1.29 thread. Here, I'll do it again: Ping mutes, increase friends list limit (legitimately the easiest change ever and people ACTUALLY have requested this one unlike 24 person games lol), reconnect into games like literally Starcraft 2 A BLIZZARD GAME has, merge USEast/USWest, display opponents race in f11.

The fact is that it doesn't matter what I or someone like Drarak says. Maybe one, if lucky, two of these will be used in the next month. Maybe one, if lucky, two of the known issues will be fixed in the next month. Why doesn't it matter and how did I know that this would happen when they finally remembered WC3 existed? Well, it's simple. This is the new Blizzard Activison, with the same management as almost a decade, and it trickles from the top down. This isn't the Blizzard that created Diablo 2, Starcraft, and Warcraft 2 and 3. It's the Blizzard that created SC2, Diablo 3, Warlords of Draenor/Legion (and fails to balance/update even WoW properly), etc. It's an entirely different company.
05/06/2018 02:16 PMPosted by zzz

Huh? Dude, you should be grateful that they increased channel and clan limit!! People have been asking for this for years.... And also they added 24 players in maps with new colors that you literally would have to be colorblind to design because like three of them look EXACTLY LIKE COLORS THAT EXIST (lmao). Don't you see all the new 24 player custom maps (even though the patches clearly give no damn about custom maps) that all the mappers are making because it's such a viable option considering most people get FPS/lag issues in very large scale maps as it is--and all the creative mappers (who quit a long time ago) have been totally asking for this for years!!! Oh wait, no one has ever remotely asked for 24 lobby games especially not 10 years past the games prime, where no one would or could take advantage of it.

Ok /sarcams off. To your issues that now randomly exist go ahead and add not being able to select specific areas of text in the game lobby search (strings are absolutely bugged somehow worked fine for 16 years btw), not being able to hit esc/alt+a to leave lobbies (lobbies in general have other bugs for over a month like when you click to move slots, the mouse cursor displaces and distorts...), a rare bug that actually causes the mouse to stop responding properly in games, the resolution completely screwing up if you hit a specific key combo for the entire game because the in-game menu options are STILL useless (this could be an actual improvement you could make).

The fact that anyone tries to defend Blizzard or jumps to attack Drarak is a joke. I actually called it months ago that when they start working on this game there was going to start being random issues and things they screw up. Btw news flash, the "new design team" (just to clarify to all the sheep that somehow think this is the original designers of RoC/TFT/bnet...) hasn't really improved a single thing of the game other than the ladder ping which was literally 10+ years behind technology (MOBAs had introduced low ping ranked long before this) so I imagine it was the simplest change ever. Aside from that, they released a decent balancing patch. There really hasn't been a single technical thing improved, not one, go ahead and try to argue it. "Oh, but give them time they are working!!@!". It's been what, 3 or 4 months? And that's just the time we KNOW they were working on it, it probably has been much longer. Basic programming on a 16 year old game.

Oh, and for people who think I'm just "complaining and not offering anything". I've offered things that would be improvements and actually easy to add, so have people in the 1.29 thread. Here, I'll do it again: Ping mutes, increase friends list limit (legitimately the easiest change ever and people ACTUALLY have requested this one unlike 24 person games lol), reconnect into games like literally Starcraft 2 A BLIZZARD GAME has, merge USEast/USWest, display opponents race in f11.

The fact is that it doesn't matter what I or someone like Drarak says. Maybe one, if lucky, two of these will be used in the next month. Maybe one, if lucky, two of the known issues will be fixed in the next month. Why doesn't it matter and how did I know that this would happen when they finally remembered WC3 existed? Well, it's simple. This is the new Blizzard Activison, with the same management as almost a decade, and it trickles from the top down. This isn't the Blizzard that created Diablo 2, Starcraft, and Warcraft 2 and 3. It's the Blizzard that created SC2, Diablo 3, Warlords of Draenor/Legion (and fails to balance/update even WoW properly), etc. It's an entirely different company.
you're completely right - not so much competently made patch that we have to grab his head . The choice of new cards was made illiterate from the point of view of the game - old replays are not displayed . A mouse without crutches not works - Yes and with them, too, so itself . The binds do not deliver .There are disconnects and you lose sexcityasia . Matchmaking is worse on the right than it was before . And Yes on each version of Windows now the game works differently-it is already too much ...but I think if Blizzard will try to become even worse...I'm not even sure who they're working for.