Black Bars

General Discussion
Why the Black Bars in Menus
Seriously, at least the stretch filled the screen.
This just sucks.

And they say this is what we wanted?
I know at least i don't.
Did everyone else want this black bars ??
Blizzard, pls pls pls pls
fix it

i can't play in my lovely game with that stupid black bars
Stretching images not intended to be stretched looks gross. Black bars are fine until they redo the images and buttons properly.
04/12/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Gibson295
Why the Black Bars in Menus
Because they have not upgraded that part of the game to be widescreen compatible yet.
Seriously, at least the stretch filled the screen.
One could also fill it with random noise or pictures of kittens. Both are as good a solution as stretching.
And they say this is what we wanted?
Yes it is what we want because the artwork is now being viewed correctly, as the creators intended it to be.

It is similar to how on a HDTV you must watch 4:3 shows, eg an old TV series, with either black bars or cropping off the top and bottom of the image. If one does not do that the image is ugly due to stretching and certainly not what the directors wanted you to see.
Did everyone else want this black bars ??
Yes a lot of the WC3 community did, such as myself. That said hopefully in the long term they update the menu UIs to feature wide screen support without stretching, but that is hardly a high priority.
04/12/2018 05:23 PMPosted by ZerooBat
i can't play in my lovely game with that stupid black bars
In game there are no black bars. Just the menus and loading screens have them.
04/12/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Lockie
Stretching images not intended to be stretched looks gross. Black bars are fine until they redo the images and buttons properly.
Exactly.
Looked better before. Stuff was larger, easier to see and to click on, I didn't even notice it was stretched lol.