Cant play wc3 arranged team with friends

Support
This damn port forwarding and firewall setting for Warcraft 3 took me and my friend 2 hours and we still havent managed to make it work.
I have played games for more years than i want to admit, and i have never ever in my life seen a game where it is SO COMPLICATED to play with a friend...
Imagine that feeling when after many years you want to get back to a game of your childhood, only to get stuck in port forwarding. Followed guides, tried everything i could find, nah.. .. you need to be an expert in connections to play this game with a friend
Same here, I have opened port 6112 in my router, I've disabled my firewall. Not sure what else to do, I was able to get this to work last time I tried ~8 months ago, no luck this time.
Same here, I have opened port 6112 in my router, I've disabled my firewall. Not sure what else to do, I was able to get this to work last time I tried ~8 months ago, no luck this time.

Right, we (me and my other friend) too.. we played like 1 year ago and managed to fix, this time it doesnt work. Of course i dont remember what exactly we did to fix it, but can you blame me? How often one does port forwarding?
I havent even heard about it before wc3
They !@#$ed it up.. i have played AT the last week, but now after the patch, it doesnt work... so i guess the problem aint on your side.
Maybe the problem is because we are starting the game from Launcher and not tft.exe ? But for now, i cant even open it with .exe something is wrong, and atm i dont wanna reinstall game because i dont know if i cant find my keys
+1

We also had the same issue trying to create an arranged team lobby last night. This being the first time we dusted off our copies of the game in many years, we had assumed that we were just idiots. Comforting to know we're not the only ones having the problem.
Same! i played 2 days ago. This is not a patch!!! Bring the old one back!
I can confirm the AT troubles!
For some reason I can host a custom game, but I can not invite for Arranged Team. We get an error all the time.

Since I am able to host custom games, I should also be able to invite other people, right?

Maybe interesting to know, it's a strange error: https://i.imgur.com/gKpGMvl.png
Guys please, i just want to play AT with a couple of old friends, showing them how awesome it is that they patched this game...
Now that we fought against port forwarding for 2 hours the enthousiasm is pretty much lost again...

If someone found a solution please share.

Thanks
Any one had any luck yet?
Now when I use a port checking website it shows that 6112 is open, I changed nothing on my end, I still have the port open in my router.

My friend is able to join my custom game but cannot join the AT lobby.

I am lost.
Didnt solve this yet...but my friend was busy. I read somewhere you need to setup static ip adress if you haven't already.. try that
Hi! I do have the same problem . . .
I do not have any idea where the exact problem is, but I do have the same problem.
It might be our routers, it might be anything else, I have no clue anymore.
I tried everything from years of knowledge and nothing worked so far.
Dear Blizzard, please help Us! We all just want to play AT!
Thank You!
So after dealing with it last night, when checking port 6112, it will randomly show open then close when nothing has been changed on my end, with that being said, regardless of it showing open or closed I still cannot invite/accept invites from a friend for AT. I was also unable to invite him to the Random 2v2 Tournament that was going on at the time.

The only thing I am able to do currently is host a custom game. A solution or at least acknowledgement of this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Same problem here. I've been playing this game the last 15 years only in arranged team. We never had a problem with invites after opening the ports.
With 1.29 we cannot make it work no matter what.
I got an update for all people interestes in AT:
1. Some people can invite
=> that means, it works! . . . somehow at least!
2. I asked them, how they did it!
=> They replied: We only opened ports
3. I asked them about their router/firewall settings
=> I made EXACTLY what they did!!!!
4. I still can't invite...
=> DEAR BLIZZARD: PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!

THANK YOU!
Another "great idea" I had:
People who played on w3a seem to have a lesser chance to invite than people who did NOT play on w3a. . . Maybe this helps!!!
Namaste!
Sorry Guys! For tripple Post!
I am just here - once again - to tell you, that neither the WebTicket nor the LiveChat
are working as intended.
I can't talk to anyone from Blizzard, which is pretty sad.
I tried it on different browsers and it does not work.
Just saying . . .
Good Luck my AT friends :)
is Blizzard even acknowledging this issue? I searched and no mention has been made around this.

I remember doing this several years ago and you get it to work by;

1) setting up a STATIC IP in your windows connection options (192.168.0.X) because, at least for me, my IP is dynamic and changes occasionally

2) open up the required FIREWALL ports in windows (most modern programs have a popup on installation)

3) port forward the required connections to YOUR PRE PICKED STATIC ADRESS in router options (access router options via browser)

Most people don't setup static IP and get confused by the process when it doesn't end up working, in fact it is simple to set up but I don't believe people should have to go through this in order to play with friends, it is not user friendly
04/14/2018 11:50 AMPosted by GriM
is Blizzard even acknowledging this issue? I searched and no mention has been made around this.

I remember doing this several years ago and you get it to work by;

1) setting up a STATIC IP in your windows connection options (192.168.0.X) because, at least for me, my IP is dynamic and changes occasionally

2) open up the required FIREWALL ports in windows (most modern programs have a popup on installation)

3) port forward the required connections to YOUR PRE PICKED STATIC ADRESS in router options (access router options via browser)

Most people don't setup static IP and get confused by the process when it doesn't end up working, in fact it is simple to set up but I don't believe people should have to go through this in order to play with friends, it is not user friendly

Good Sir,
I did all this (in fact, this was my very first step when trying to get behind this problem). And still... I cannot invite.
My AT-Mate can invite me!! I can't invite him. #TrueFacts