[All] Server Upgrade: All Regions @ 1000 PDT 5/1

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Hi All,

Classic Battle.net services will be upgraded on Tuesday at 1000 PDT. We expect the maintenance to last one hour.

Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Increased max channel size to 255
  • Increased max clan size to 255
  • Fixed clan message of the day
  • Changed default channel to be based on language not region
  • Fixed emails not being sent in correct locale for new accounts
  • Resolved issues with Warcraft III ladder reset

Known Issue
Creating clans and arranged teams with more than 40 players in the channel will cause a disconnect from Warcraft III until the next client patch.
so reset will happen with this update or no?
First off- thank you for this update and all of your time in this process.

Second, match-making definitely should be a priority seeing as this ladder reset will only help us find games for the first 1-2 months. As long as that's upcoming in the future I'm thankful for how we've progressed.

Lastly, Arranged team has had some major problems since 1.29 patch. Will that be one of the patch fixes in this new update?

Thanks
@Blizzard
Did you realise that the most important is to fix the match making ?!!
WE CAN'T FIND GAME ONCE WE GET GOOD WINNING RATIO !! (+ 70% win)
Oh my god, there is a lot of players searching I swear last time we were 7 players, all over than 70 % win searching at the same time 2v2 in the same channel I swear we did search for 15 min and no one found a game !

FIX THIS DAMN MATCHMAKING ! ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT , number 1 priority !!

Number 2 priority : FIX Arranged Team / get an anti-maphack system ( if you are not skilled enough to do it, ask developper/ engineer of Netease platform)

well... I miss w3arena..

Some people don’t understand how anything works.
Keep the grind going. Look forward to see what else you implement.
Hey, that ladder reset is overdue. Thanks!
Just want to inform you of a little thing: I am playing the 1on1 tour and notice that Terenas Stand is still the 'old' version (or: not the LV type). Not a big hassle, but still. Figured if it doesn't get pointed out it could remain unnoticed a while.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the updates - happy to hear ladder is getting reset.

Can we please get some official communication regarding the arranged teams bugs? Many people are unable to form teams (friends of mine), while some lucky few (like myself) still can.

Happy to help debug more
Hi All,

These are just server fixes. There will be a new client patch soon for Warcraft III that address many of the issues.

Match making is a known problem and we are building a foundation to be able to address the issue. Working with old games means that things that seem easy to do are not and have unknown issues when changing them.
We appreciate this so much! <3 Classic Team!
What about at?
Great - thanks for the quick reply Mark.

It seems that means AT is a client bug vs a server bug - but either way still known and being worked on :)
CLan size woooohoooo!!! And please, please make the friends list bigger, pls! (I can't add friends for many years now.... 25/25...)

Ah please let us have 10 shamans in a clan!!
04/27/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

These are just server fixes. There will be a new client patch soon for Warcraft III that address many of the issues.

Match making is a known problem and we are building a foundation to be able to address the issue. Working with old games means that things that seem easy to do are not and have unknown issues when changing them.

Game searching definitly need change (but for 1x1,2x2,3x3,4x4 need change it very smart) for ffa we dont need smart change

I'm one of the active ffa players in wc3 and at a time when almost no one played on Bnet, we used a bot for ffa games, and it did not matter who is in the game (strong or weak player), in the year of our bot ladder's with standings existence, the level of weak players increased on the head!
FFa community ask you to do a search for the player without taking into account the statistics of the players, because there are not so many players (for example, I have to spend 2-5 hours looking for a ffa game and the game does not always find ( 7-1 stat)

We need FFA on bnet)

qwest, from http://ffamasters.net
I agree with Qwest - as a US east FFA player, its been impossible to find games on battle.net for 10 years.

It used to be that we needed to purposely lose every other game in order to keep our record down. Even still, search times could go past 5 hours to find ONE game. Sometimes I would leave WC3 on while i was sleeping, and I would wake up and still hadn't found a game.

With the advent of bots, we were able to host and play games immediately, it was like a breath of fresh air. Gone were the 5 hour search times, the painstaking lossbotting, etc.

It also showed that stats don't matter, since in an FFA game, anyone can win as long as you have a basic understanding of WC3. Even the best FFA players can lose to noobs, and even new players can win a game if they play well.

So please make an open FFA matchmaking system, that doesn't use statistics. Or if it uses statistics, make it extremely broad. Like if someone is 0-12, then it makes sense that they don't match someone who is 12-0. But honestly, that doesn't really happen. Most times a player who is 12-5 cant find a game, because its impossible to find THREE other players with amazing records who are searching at the same time on the same realm.

Please save and revitalize this amazing gametype by having open matchmaking!
For FFA you should just find whoever is searching, screw ELL it isn't really relevant
04/27/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

Hey Mark, pleased to see you around once again.

Could you explain what you exactly mean with "foundation"? Come on, give us some more details, we haven't been here for 10 years playing, developing and fighting hackers on your behalf just to receive vague hints that mean nothing!