[All] Server Upgrade: All Regions @ 1000 PDT 5/1

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm just happy that they are aware that match making is an issue
Good job, Blizzard! Really well done. Look forward to further development of WC3!
Just want to echo the other players about FFA:

Most of the time as soon as your win rate was slightly good (and by "good" I mean above 25%) it becomes harder and harder to find games
Because of that, the rare time you actually find a game, it has a high chance it will have 1-2 players afk, who were only searching in hopes of losing to lower their ELL!
I've also had the problem where as soon as someone is about to win, hes quits the game because he can't risk his ELL going any higher, which usually starts a chain reaction, because no one in that game wants to wait another 4h for his next game... they just want to play

Please either make the matching requirements MUCH looser for FFA, or get rid of them altogether

Thanks <3
04/27/2018 01:17 PMPosted by nightwing
It used to be that we needed to purposely lose every other game in order to keep our record down. Even still, search times could go past 5 hours to find ONE game. Sometimes I would leave WC3 on while i was sleeping, and I would wake up and still hadn't found a game.

Same for RT. RT is plagued by backstabbers and leavers who just want to lower their MMR to keep finding games. Unless a quick fix bugs the matchmaker, even if the match range is completly removed, it would be leagues better than what we have right now. Every good player smurfs, or leaves games, backstabs, and stays in the "low MMR" range... matchmaking right now might as well be inexistant.
Anti-hack, fix matchmaking, fix arranged team => GG wc3 over all
but I think I'm dreaming
04/27/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Renaud
Just want to echo the other players about FFA:

Most of the time as soon as your win rate was slightly good (and by "good" I mean above 25%) it becomes harder and harder to find games
Because of that, the rare time you actually find a game, it has a high chance it will have 1-2 players afk, who were only searching in hopes of losing to lower their ELL!
I've also had the problem where as soon as someone is about to win, hes quits the game because he can't risk his ELL going any higher, which usually starts a chain reaction, because no one in that game wants to wait another 4h for his next game... they just want to play

Please either make the matching requirements MUCH looser for FFA, or get rid of them altogether

Thanks <3

Too lazy to type out what the great man reno said.
So there it is!
Thank you, don't forget mac users ;-)
Agreed with searching problem in FFA mode. Would be nice to see some changes in this system to make FFA community happy. And this mappool is so boring, return market and silverpine please!!!
Don't do reset before fixing match making.
Make Arrange Team work please, that's the main and the top issue atm.
We cant play with friends so where's the point?
I was ready for playing 60 hours this week, and i did just 1 hour, cuz Arrange Team does not work and my friends refused to play alone.
Pete what about AT invite bugs? Most people cant play AT :(
IS this going to fix issues I am having with creating custom 1v1 games? Me and my friend have to go through makemehost to even get games to work which should not be the case.

We are also having issues trying to team up for 2v2. We completely disable all firewalls and have zero success.

Will this update fix these issues?
Blizzard, what about the 2v2 AT map pool? Many people do not like the new set of maps. Particularly, many people are upset with the removal of Lost Temple and Twisted Meadows from the 2v2 AT map pool.
Could you guys add something like this to improve ui? https://ibb.co/hiyZjH

Adding a drop down menu with check boxes to click which gametypes we would like to search in case of RT and just expanding the interface to remove the black pillars.

Thanks guys!
04/27/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

These are just server fixes. There will be a new client patch soon for Warcraft III that address many of the issues.

Match making is a known problem and we are building a foundation to be able to address the issue. Working with old games means that things that seem easy to do are not and have unknown issues when changing them.

This should be top#1 priority, but I'm glad you're working on it and that you're doing a full on reset the coming week. I would suggest just reverting to the old ladder system instead of working around to make something new that no1 knows how it will work. Looking at code pre 1.14 should make it no?
04/29/2018 06:52 PMPosted by LeGato
This should be top#1 priority, but I'm glad you're working on it and that you're doing a full on reset the coming week. I would suggest just reverting to the old ladder system instead of working around to make something new that no1 knows how it will work. Looking at code pre 1.14 should make it no?

Pre 1.15 ladder isn't perfect either. It matched people based on your level, which was +-6 levels. There was eventually a point where you were so high you couldnt find games fast, and some people could only find games against very few people. I clearly remember the #1 RT players being lvl27 or so and he had 10 people in his match range only.

1.15 ladder is the way to go, they just need to adjust the match range. It's pretty much a ELO system, which is what every matchmaker for any decent game uses. It's technically possible to have a match range so huge everyone can match everyone, so the base of the system is definitely not an issue.

I thought it'd be as simple as changing the match range value to a bigger one, but apparantly it's not that easy after reading the blizz post. Either they don't want to make matchmaking too broad or they rather implement global matchmaking first... But the match range NEEDS to go down. It was made way too small back in 2005, and my searchtimes went from 5min max at lvl50 (max MMR) to hour long searchtimes the day after. This was during wc3's prime. Not even global matchmaking would be enough with this match range.
An easy fix for the match making is leaving it alone. Then after 5 minutes you get auto matched with whoever has been waiting the longest in searching.
Thanks for the feedback guys, Classic will look it over.
Today : searched rt 2v2 for 6 hours from 13h to 19h .
Found zero game. gg blizzard as like a reset will change anything ..
Can you do something about the teamkillers in RT? For example: Attacking allied buildings not allowed, perhaps unless you allow your allies? When you find a game (after a long time) 99% of all games are teamkiller allies, or teamkillers in other team. It ruins this awesome game. It is becomming a serious matter.

Edit: RT 3vs3 Northrend