[All] Server Upgrade: All Regions @ 1000 PDT 5/1

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
the only problem of this game is MH and the lack of ADMIN who would do BAN
04/29/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Drayen
04/29/2018 06:52 PMPosted by LeGato
This should be top#1 priority, but I'm glad you're working on it and that you're doing a full on reset the coming week. I would suggest just reverting to the old ladder system instead of working around to make something new that no1 knows how it will work. Looking at code pre 1.14 should make it no?

Pre 1.15 ladder isn't perfect either. It matched people based on your level, which was +-6 levels. There was eventually a point where you were so high you couldnt find games fast, and some people could only find games against very few people. I clearly remember the #1 RT players being lvl27 or so and he had 10 people in his match range only.

The way you could improve this is by making the match level gap a sliding scale. E.g. Level 1-20 you can play people +- 10 levels. Level 20-30 + - 15 levels - level 40 +- 20 levels and so on. This would make it so once you get to level 20 you can play against everyone on the ladder so getting past level 20 would be tough.

You could also make exp per win/loss adjust the higher your level (e.g. you may lose only 20 exp if you're level 5 and lose a game but you lose 120 exp if you are over level 40 - this would mean that high level = high rank + skill) It would also you mean you can find games again.

I think its really silly that the top ladder players are actually mainly just newbs who are losing enough to find games.
05/01/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Gradient
the only problem of this game is MH and the lack of ADMIN who would do BAN

the MH problem is completely overstated. I play this game everyday and can't remember the last time I have run into a hacker. I've been called a hacker over 1000 times and its a daily occurance. Good game sense =/= map hacking.
where's the reset?!
where is the ladder reset ??
no reset?
Ceron I stopped playing a few years ago only because everyone at FFA had MH. If now there is no problem. it's great.
05/01/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Gradient
Ceron I stopped playing a few years ago only because everyone at FFA had MH. If now there is no problem. it's great.

I've had no much trouble vs maphackers on ladder, this isn't a widespread issue as people might lead you to think..
04/30/2018 06:54 PMPosted by LeGato
I think what Drayen is saying is a good solution, leave it level based with a looser bracketing in order to keep us from easily reaching a level ceiling.

Sounds good in my opinion.

That's not what I said. We shouldn't go back to the level based ladder. With level based, you'll run in searchtimes issues at high levels regardless, with an MMR-style system like we have, you can adjust the MMR match range so you can find games no matter what.

The way this ladder works, you get an invisible level called ELL that starts at 30, it goes up or down depending on who you beat. You get an XP boost until you reach that level.

Lowest ELL is 10, highest is 50. The way matchmaking works is based on ELL. Let's say the match range is 5, so a 30 ELL player can match 25-35, but a 50 ELL player can match 45-50. Just increase that range to 10 or something and itll speed up search times significantly. I'd just remove match range in AT and FFA until there's global matchmaking IMO. Other possible scenario is a matchmaker that expands its match range over time, aiming to give you a game under 5 minutes.

Also, I'm unsure if there's exactly 2.2% of players per ELL, but if it's a bell curve distribution, with lvl50 being reserved for 0.1% of players and lvl30 for 10% of players, that would be why search times are god awful at high levels.
"Resolved issues with Warcraft III ladder reset"

What am I supposed to associate this with? Has anything really been resolved if there hasn't been an actual reset?

Why does this keep getting postponed? There are games out there that reset after a couple of months, while we have to actually wait for months after the actual announcement, after it's already been many years since there has been a reset? Resets get the community going, it makes them active, competitive again.

Honestly it's a great thought to know such an old game is at least getting some attention, but in my opinion the only positive thing you've done so far is reduce the latency (which is great though).

And one more thing, about the hackers, I'm sure it's not easy fixing it since they keep adapting... But if I were an admin, just for the sake of it .... just for the fun of it... I'd have a look at the top ladder page in 1vs1 and have a look at who's first (Northrend). Maybe you can't fix the maphack / drophack / .... issues in a small amount of time, but is there not a single person that could at least perma ban the 620-0 hacker on Northrend who has claimed rank 1 for many months?

I know I'm not sounding very appreciative right now but I feel like that's all you deserve.
are you serious ?

Can you just reset the ladder finally ? -_-
After the Latest ServerUpgrade some of my Clan Member lost their Clan Tags
after several relogs they got em back but this bug appear quite often ...
@Northrend Clan De4D
05/01/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Jellzor

And one more thing, about the hackers, I'm sure it's not easy fixing it since they keep adapting... But if I were an admin, just for the sake of it .... just for the fun of it... I'd have a look at the top ladder page in 1vs1 and have a look at who's first (Northrend). Maybe you can't fix the maphack / drophack / .... issues in a small amount of time, but is there not a single person that could at least perma ban the 620-0 hacker on Northrend who has claimed rank 1 for many months?

I know I'm not sounding very appreciative right now but I feel like that's all you deserve.

Yeah It literally takes 3 seconds to glance over the 1st page of Northrend ladder and notice somethings up. After a further investment of an additional 5 seconds you can click their clan tag and see the ENTIRE clan is drophackers.

It would have honestly taken longer to read this post than just autobanning every single account in that clan. Surely they could just get some random intern or any random passerby to just remove those accounts. Obviously I'm talking hyperbole but you get the point...
05/02/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Chace
05/01/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Jellzor

Yeah It literally takes 3 seconds to glance over the 1st page of Northrend ladder and notice somethings up. After a further investment of an additional 5 seconds you can click their clan tag and see the ENTIRE clan is drophackers.

It would have honestly taken longer to read this post than just autobanning every single account in that clan. Surely they could just get some random intern or any random passerby to just remove those accounts. Obviously I'm talking hyperbole but you get the point...

its 1 guy with some bots. its called botting. he actually manipulated bnet matchmaking so the accounts meeting eachother again and again. and one account always wins, the other leaves. its no hack at all. he actually had not to let any1 else get a lose for these stats!

if u dont believe me check the full game listenings.
That's it. Admin giving BAN. would cause that this wonderful game would live and develop. How to play FFA when MH + DROPHAK + TIMERS.

There are many great people on www.ffamasters.net. who eliminate all irregularities. Thanks to this game is great.
05/02/2018 03:26 AMPosted by mrNEICKY
<span class="truncated">...</span>

its 1 guy with some bots. its called botting. he actually manipulated bnet matchmaking so the accounts meeting eachother again and again. and one account always wins, the other leaves. its no hack at all. he actually had not to let any1 else get a lose for these stats!

if u dont believe me check the full game listenings.

I believe you but call it whatever you wanna call it. To me botting is a form of hacking, he literally hacked the system. Anyway to me it's just about the absolute lack of action from Blizzard's side when it comes to bans.
Matchmaking is still broken on USeast, people CANT find games (2vs2/4vs4) with high ELO/ELL.
Got drophacked yesterday in 1v1 tournament
10 years since ladder reset.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the ladder reset. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon a blue post. i watch some old replays, but it is no good. i flame blizzard on the forums but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old grubby vods and cry myself to sleep.
some transparency please @Blizzard