[War3] 1.29.2 PTR

General Discussion
Thank you Classic Team. There are a lot of ungrateful whiners on these BNET forums, but rest assured the vast majority of the war3 community is truly excited about your renewed effort!
Come on Pete and Classic team! Give us the "zoom out camera option". Please!!!
[Mac Bug report]

The resolution setting has an annoying bug, no matter what resolution you have changed in the video setting menu, if you click 'OK' and go back to the video setting menu then you will find out the resolution setting will still displayed as '640x360'. In my case, I have changed the resolution to '1280x720' and the actual display resolution was '1280x720' but in the video settings it always showed '640x360'.

Here is the screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/sc4ePGY

In addition, please bring back '1024x768' resolution setting in the next PTR patch with 'fixed aspect ratio' option for Mac. Through many tests I have found out that '1024x768' resolution setting in 4:3 screen mode has the best display effect without overheating the Mac CPU. Currently the wide screen setting with '1280x800' has great display effect but it still made the Mac CPU over 75 celsius degree and '1024x576' resolution setting did not overheat the CPU but the in-game text was very blur. If the overheating issue was too hard to be resolved within '1280x800' resolution setting for Mac, at least bring back '1024x768' resolution option with '4:3: display mode in the next update for Mac users.
04/30/2018 03:16 PMPosted by shak
Fixing the arranged team problem is good but remember the priorities are :

- a new matchmaking

- a strong anti maphack system

And btw resesting the ladder without change the matchmaking or without implement an anti-maphack system is U S E L E S S .

Kind of this.
"Cursor does not match the mouse position when resolution is taller than wider"

I am sorry but this also applies to 4:3 monitors and iirc the resolution is wider than taller there. I am not just talking about 4:3 aspect ratio, but on a real 4:3 monitor with 4:3 resolution.

This is demonstrated in https://youtu.be/2cDt4oJTysM?t=25

00:23 wc3 menu, click registered slightly to the right of cursors

01:50 on the minimap i find out that the clicks are broken, i shift click to highlight it.

02:32 Training a footman when clicking on rifleman, clicks on the left side of icons are not registered.

03:00 me playing around with footies showcasing that a rally point is set at the green highlight of minimap.

An easy fix to this would be to just abandon the support for 4:3 overall because nobody has them and it is kind of hard to find a 4:3 monitor these days, they are usually found in the dumpster.
Any hope for a 64-bit support ? I cant play alot of customs cause of 2 gb ram usage limit , also this limit breaks all the warcraft 3 mod's custom map support
I preferred the older version :(((
AT is working now! Good news
05/01/2018 02:50 AMPosted by yourarthas
Any hope for a 64-bit support ? I cant play alot of customs cause of 2 gb ram usage limit , also this limit breaks all the warcraft 3 mod's custom map support

whaaat? I had ~600mb peak mem consumtion and that was "wew da hell". Which map can generate that much garbage?
a 64 bit executable would certainly help but the code have been optimised so that the editor works more smoothly. if they increase map sizes however a 64 bit executable would be more or less a must.
05/01/2018 05:06 AMPosted by DracoL1ch
05/01/2018 02:50 AMPosted by yourarthas

whaaat? I had ~600mb peak mem consumtion and that was "wew da hell". Which map can generate that much garbage?

try a 1 vs 23 insane computer match you'll get an 'SMemory...' error which means 2gb limit reached , also I'm a Warcraft:Armies Of Azeroth mod member who made wc3 version of the mod , with hd models nearly all the custom maps reach that limit example: Lordaeron:Foremath uses 1.6 gb ram without a mod
Holy mother of leaks..
I can understand modes, which uses too many polygons, but Im sure blizz won't care about it.
04/30/2018 12:56 PMPosted by marco93f
04/26/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Plugged the leak allowing Frozen balance into the Chaos bucket

As a Reign of Chaos player I personally find it boring to be forced to go back to the old balance changes, which have been around for 7 years, and I hope this "bug fix" won't be applied to the live server too. Even if anything is planned to specifically balance RoC in the future, these refreshing changes should be kept until then either way.

God just buy TFT if you want changes...
---
making the game 64 bit would help but they should also add more functions.
Are you aware of problems associated with whispering in battle.net? Whispering to somebody (at least who is not a mutual friend) does not display the message to him.
i am aware of that yes.
05/01/2018 07:51 AMPosted by DarkLycan51

That's not how it works. I like Reign of Chaos and I don't want to play a totally different game.
05/02/2018 05:24 AMPosted by marco93f
05/01/2018 07:51 AMPosted by DarkLycan51

That's not how it works. I like Reign of Chaos and I don't want to play a totally different game.

Please do try TFT, we all knew ROC is great game but TFT is worth for you to try.
It won't cost you that much and will bring you tons of entertainment : )