[War3] 1.29.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
05/03/2018 01:18 PMPosted by modmoto
Can anybody explain what the ladder reset was supposed to solve? I am not complaining, as I do not care all to much for my level, but is this supposed to fix matchmaking?

Just reset all stats so everyone starts to climb from lvl1 again.

There is no matchmaking fix yet. Hopefully next patch, I feel like it's the most important feature required right now.

Matchmaking is so bad people just smurf, leave games, or backstab in RT, so everyone stays around the same MMR. It would be better even if there was no match range... At least there wouldn't be any leavers and backstabbers.
thanks a lot !
Nice, nice nice! Thanks for your great work! Won't be too long until we see WC3 in the launcher, I hope? :-)
05/03/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Soon™

*i like* :D
05/03/2018 10:51 AMPosted by KingThrawn
Reposting from the PTR thread:

Blizzard, can you please give us your thoughts/comments on the following issues?

- server combinations/mergers
- ability to reconnect if disc out of a game (like on w3arena)
- anti-map hack changes/upgrades
- searchtimes/matchmaking issue
- camera zoom (are we stuck with this zoom forever, or any plans/discussion about allowing the OPTION for the original 1.29 ptr zoom level)
- select more than 12 units at a time
- display opponent race (if not random) somewhere in the UI/menus (modern PC's load the game so fast you often miss the enemy race)
- Display opponent solo/RT stats at the start of the game (like on w3arena)
- for Arranged team, display each team's W-L record on the loading screen
- for Arranged team, if the teams have played before, display the W-L record for all prior matchups of the two teams against each other
- Ability to search for more than one gametype at a time
- Provide more stats on BNET (such as number of users PER SERVER, number of people actively searching solo/AT/RT, number of games started during the previous hour, etc.
- If you are going to keep using a type of ELO system, display ELO in the player's profile. There is no reason not to do this. We need a more reliable indicator of skill since level just indicates time spent grinding, not representative of skill.
- for RT, if you leave within the first five minutes of a game you get a 15 minute time out before you can search for another game. This applies to your cd-key, not your account.

Tournament changes (goal is to get people more interested and invested in the automated tournaments):
- BNET menu option to easily view replays of prior tournament finals. These used to be made available on the tournament website (without any in-game chat). I see no reason why this couldn't be allowed again in a more user friendly fashion.
- More e-credit to winners of tournaments via some mention on the BNET landing page
- Shorten the tournaments: Shorter prelim round and have each round of finals begin 5 minutes after all games for that round are over. We do not need the minimum 30 minute + 5 minute break between rounds. People don't have 7 hours to play a tournament.
- Expand the "search range" for long searches during tournament prelims. What I mean is after enough time allow a 2-0 player to match a 3-0 player, or a 2-0 and a 3-1, etc. Sometimes you get stuck in the void because you get caught in a long game at the tail end of the first 30 minute window. So everyone else is at 2-0 or 3-0 and you're stuck at 1-0 and can't find a game to keep advancing, etc.
- for Team tournaments, please don't cause the team to move into a new window for searching. Everyone can just /whois someone on the team and see that they are searching and then dodge them. You should never be able to tell if someone is searching or not just from being on the game client. If someone is streaming, that's their own problem to deal with.

- Have more than one tournament per day. This would prevent some people from playing in both since the finals/prelims could no doubt overlap, but thats not a reason to not do it. For example, there should be a noon tournament and a 7-8 PM tournament every day.

- Add a FFA tournament once a week.

- This last one is a wild idea but I know it could be made to work ... an RT tournament once a week. Yep, RT. This way you could even have 4v4 tournaments that would get absolutely insane. I would propose that there by NO matchmaking algorithm, or use some modified version of an AMM algorithm that attempts (within very short time window) to set up an even game. Think of this like a wild WWF last man standing type of brawl that anyone can win with some good luck.

I second everything except for the 12 unit selection. We don't need to simplify the game, really. The rest are good (some even mandatory) features. One thing I'd like to add (not sure if doable on bnet) is being able to spectate ladder games (with a built in 3 min delay like on netease)
I wish this patching wasn't happening, but since it is can we get more in-game options for killing groups of trees? It's the only practical way to harass turtling players but the slow dps of siege attack ground is very ineffective.

Also those ensnare/poison mercs on Tirisfal Glades. Yeah. T_T
Hi blizzard,thanks for the updates. I noticed a minor problem when I playing under latest 1.29.2 version.new patch seems changed the colour of heroes and units in my custom campaign.I tried to delete my campaign save and reinstall it but doesn’t work. in addition,my campaign top-right corner board has broken since 1.29.0,this board displayed the enemy units name and quantity before 1.28,after 1.29.0 this board has disappeared just saw a weird blank frame.
Tested again, 1.29.2.9208 PTR colour was fine,1.29.2.9231 all heroes and units colour in custom campaign were changed.
Great that you fix it up so quickly :)
I have a suggestion for new option so people who dislike the black side bars can be happy and me too because i like menu to be in 4:3 and ingame to be in 16:9 like it is right now. It would be option to enable Stretched Menues to stretch 4:3 menues to 16:9 like it was before we got real 16:9. It will please people who dislike the letterbox and me who wants the menues to look as they are meant to originally with poper proportions :)
All Polish players including me thank you for quick solution of our problem :) and your general work with this game.
We can play Warcraft 3 again in our mother tongue! :)
EditionButton is missing from mpq, to fix, run Warcraft III Launcher.Exe

Repair >> Run as admin >> nothing fix that is there a chance u can fix it, or since you dropped czech support, is there a possibility i can get czech legacy warcraft keys? Cuz if I reinstall i ve to install english version only
Hackers still ravaging the servers and Blizzard can't even enable an e-mail for reporting. We need to be able to attach replays for reporting hackers. We also need Warden or some system that watches over the servers. Why you no listen Blizzard?
Please, fix this detail, "Footmen Trained 2/6" These numbers doesnt appear!!!

https://imgur.com/M9GeucU

Already on 1.29.2 and this hasnt been fixed yet.

"Blackrock n roll", on "Reign of Chaos"
Ladder reset????

PRAISE THE MAKERS!!!
The old replays on battlenet from patch 1.29.1 don't work anymore.

Also apparently the campagain is all screwed up, no triggers in it now.
05/03/2018 01:12 PMPosted by YUg0sRouge
Well a guy noticed this one yesterday in a live game: pressing Alt + Enter (or was it Ctrl + Enter) moves the game to windowed mode, but if you press the same command shortcut again, the game will go back to fullscreen BUT will have the game resolution set to minimum :/ Going to windowed then makes it look fine but going to fullscreen again makes it look horrible, again. :P

On the topic of the thread, this patch sounds great, though I have not yet gotten to play on it. (:

I actually noticed that months ago and made several threads with not a single relevant response

Thread from January
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20760997799

Thread from March
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762136575
Pretty good idea.

05/03/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Ceron
Yay thanks Blizz! Is match making on the horizon? We're losing players back to netease and w3arena because people struggle to find games on b.net.

The easiest fix would be putting a maximum of 5 minutes on searching then you just play the next closest ELL also searching.

No one wants to spend 15 minutes in a game then waiting 30 mins for the next one. My wc3 time is spent more on searching than playing!

The level system would be cool to reimplement - it was awesome when rank meant something and high level meant good player
Now the only missing feature was the removed 'fixed aspect ratio' option. Hope next 1.29.3 version will get this feature work properly again. Because 1.28.5's 4:3 screen display was the only way that will not overheat Mac CPU when playing Warcraft 3, at least give back this option to Mac users : )
The current match making system was implemented because there was an issue with smurfing. The issue now is much much much worse... its simply that you can't play.
Consider removing all Third Party bot hosting applications and redoing the Custom Games List. It is cancerous to find a lobby. I don't even understand why you allow such programs to be used in the first place, but they have become the norm. I do appreciate all the work you have put forth thus far though, many thanks.
05/03/2018 10:51 AMPosted by KingThrawn
Reposting from the PTR thread:

Blizzard, can you please give us your thoughts/comments on the following issues?

- server combinations/mergers
- ability to reconnect if disc out of a game (like on w3arena)
- anti-map hack changes/upgrades
- searchtimes/matchmaking issue
- camera zoom (are we stuck with this zoom forever, or any plans/discussion about allowing the OPTION for the original 1.29 ptr zoom level)
- select more than 12 units at a time
- display opponent race (if not random) somewhere in the UI/menus (modern PC's load the game so fast you often miss the enemy race)
- Display opponent solo/RT stats at the start of the game (like on w3arena)
- for Arranged team, display each team's W-L record on the loading screen
- for Arranged team, if the teams have played before, display the W-L record for all prior matchups of the two teams against each other
- Ability to search for more than one gametype at a time
- Provide more stats on BNET (such as number of users PER SERVER, number of people actively searching solo/AT/RT, number of games started during the previous hour, etc.
- If you are going to keep using a type of ELO system, display ELO in the player's profile. There is no reason not to do this. We need a more reliable indicator of skill since level just indicates time spent grinding, not representative of skill.
- for RT, if you leave within the first five minutes of a game you get a 15 minute time out before you can search for another game. This applies to your cd-key, not your account.

Tournament changes (goal is to get people more interested and invested in the automated tournaments):
- BNET menu option to easily view replays of prior tournament finals. These used to be made available on the tournament website (without any in-game chat). I see no reason why this couldn't be allowed again in a more user friendly fashion.
- More e-credit to winners of tournaments via some mention on the BNET landing page
- Shorten the tournaments: Shorter prelim round and have each round of finals begin 5 minutes after all games for that round are over. We do not need the minimum 30 minute + 5 minute break between rounds. People don't have 7 hours to play a tournament.
- Expand the "search range" for long searches during tournament prelims. What I mean is after enough time allow a 2-0 player to match a 3-0 player, or a 2-0 and a 3-1, etc. Sometimes you get stuck in the void because you get caught in a long game at the tail end of the first 30 minute window. So everyone else is at 2-0 or 3-0 and you're stuck at 1-0 and can't find a game to keep advancing, etc.
- for Team tournaments, please don't cause the team to move into a new window for searching. Everyone can just /whois someone on the team and see that they are searching and then dodge them. You should never be able to tell if someone is searching or not just from being on the game client. If someone is streaming, that's their own problem to deal with.

- Have more than one tournament per day. This would prevent some people from playing in both since the finals/prelims could no doubt overlap, but thats not a reason to not do it. For example, there should be a noon tournament and a 7-8 PM tournament every day.

- Add a FFA tournament once a week.

- This last one is a wild idea but I know it could be made to work ... an RT tournament once a week. Yep, RT. This way you could even have 4v4 tournaments that would get absolutely insane. I would propose that there by NO matchmaking algorithm, or use some modified version of an AMM algorithm that attempts (within very short time window) to set up an even game. Think of this like a wild WWF last man standing type of brawl that anyone can win with some good luck.

I agree with this changes you could make WC3 just a better game. But the Priority should be zoom out option and server merges!