[War3] 1.29.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
05/19/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Mezick
Whenever I paste the name of a hosted game into the search bar and click 'Join Game', it gives me an error that says "Battle.net has denied the request" and I lose connection to Battle.net. It won't let me connect for about 5-10 minutes after that happens.

dont copy the tab or newline characters. if youre grabbing from ent make sure you only copy the text. paste it notepad to double check.
05/19/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Mezick
Whenever I paste the name of a hosted game into the search bar and click 'Join Game', it gives me an error that says "Battle.net has denied the request" and I lose connection to Battle.net. It won't let me connect for about 5-10 minutes after that happens.

This only happens if you copy from a website updating the window you are copying from. You aren't copying just the text you can see with your eyes. Type it out in your address bar and then copy it from there if its to much trouble to memorize it.
05/17/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Drayen
05/17/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Arohk
Could you maybe fix the requirement of a CD to start the game?
It is really annoying.

There hasn't been a need to use a CD to play the game for years. Are you running the latest patch? You could always try reinstalling using the online download from the battle.net page

where can i download the game? i can only "buy" the game but there is no download link (i already have bought the game many years ago)
Still waiting for Editor fix on 4k. Minimap is working again, but the scaling is completely broken.
05/20/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Arohk
05/17/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Drayen

There hasn't been a need to use a CD to play the game for years. Are you running the latest patch? You could always try reinstalling using the online download from the battle.net page

where can i download the game? i can only "buy" the game but there is no download link (i already have bought the game many years ago)

If you have your cd key there is an option to download the game within your battle.net account. Log into your battle.net account, find something like "game library" "manage games" etc and there is a download link that works if you have a valid cd key on hand.
I have some feedback on 4v4 rt. I am an above average, but not great player who masses a lot of 4v4 rt games. I had the #1 spot on the rt ladder for some time last year. Not saying that as a humble-brag, just saying it because the most important criteria for #1 on the ladder is volume of games. I am intimate with the painful situation of not being able to find games. Last season I was +30 games over 50% and was completely unable to find games for 6 months after going on a big win streak.

The good:

Search times are fast. Search times are very fast. Most times I find in under a minute. The servers are alive.

The bad:

The game quality is really bad for high and mid-tier players. (I know, you warned us of this!). The biggest problem (after the endless armies of TK'ers) to me is that the whole ELL system seems suboptimal. Having a hiding rating (that is driven by a nebulous mechanic, no less) that drives your matchmaking tier is frustrating. My personal issue with it is that 90% of games I am the top ELL player on the team (#1 slot on load screen) and I typically have 1-2 players on my team that can't spell Warcraft. I'm ok with taking my lumps occasionally, but it's not balancing out. In other words, you would think that as my win % drops my ELL would drop relative to other players, and I would therefor be teamed with better players, thus leveling out around 50%. I've currently played over 100 games since the reset and am significantly below 50% for the season. But I am still slotted in the top position nearly every game. The "you suck, get good" argument would hold water if I wasn't still slotted in the top ELL position on the load screen nearly every game. It's frustrating being continuously forced into the "carry spot" with new or bad players on my team every game even as my record tanks. I am hoping that if I take some time off and allow other players to "level up"* their ELL things will improve.

*I know that ELL doesn't exactly 'level' but over time there will probably be more players in the same boat as me, which should increase the quality of the game.

Anything you could share about the nebulous method that ELL is calculated would be great. I have a personal opinion that it takes the post-game scores into account. I understand that you probably don't want to give away too much info because people would abuse it as much as possible.

Any breadcrumbs you drop about the future plans for match making would be extremely exciting for the community.
Still a lot of known issues, when are we getting 1.29.3?

I know a lot of Max users cant play certain games with a picture in the game lobby. compressed .tga's after map optimization crashes them out of wc3. Also if the map hash is encrypted it crashes them. Windows players are fine so just make the Macs treat things more like windows. I don't see why it would crash the game on them.
I still have some points of which I want to be sure that they are addressed.

I'm still unsure if the issues with pathfinding are acknowledged by the classical team of blizzard. Is it? I'm so sick and tired of units walking around like headless chickens or just freezing collectively when attempting to pass trough a choke point. I find it hard to pinpoint it exactly, but it is definitely different from 1.28 and it is incredibly annoying. It like all units suddenly have a slightly bigger collision size and their pathfinding is more like an air traffic control tower; as they have to go via certain points before going to the next.

Also want to point out most maps got a lot worse.
- Terenas stand has insane item drops; spawns are hugely far apart. No idea why there is a merc camp directly next to the base which is directly creepable. The only thing that improved here is the lab a bit further away from the main base; but that doesn't offset the lesser changes.
- Centaur grove was just fine. Now you can take an unstoppable expo as is has moved to even a more safe location. Some deep waters create weird pathways over the map. The latter also goes for tidewater glades.
- Avalance must now be the worst map; the as HU there is no way to creep. You'll get CJed at the green trolls next to your base. These trolls, by the way, have an insane aggression range and will attack scout farms or any rallied unit that passes them in a remote distance.
- Duskwood goldmine creeps are way to OPed. Sleep (even on heroes!), heal, roar and all start off with 100% mana pool as soon as the game starts.
- Duststorm is just weird. The map is bigger then jupiter due to its spiral design. The goldmine has air units, so only HU can creep it at tier 1 rapidly. And guess which race tends to go expo's? And since HU can expo, tech and pump a tier 3 army before someone can walk the distance to harass it, as a random player, I pray for HU on this map.
- No idea why 2 rivers is still in the pool, same for tirisfal glade. GW can be fun despite its asymmetry. 2Rivers is just rigged. Tirisfal glade can be fun I guess; the map just has major disadvantage as it used to be one of the worst composed maps before the LV version. Still feel that everyone has this one veto'ed.
- AT maps are different. I don't think anyone ever played on moonglade and for good reasons. Creeps sucks, map layout is stretched vertically. No shop iirc (have not played or seen anyone play this map in like 8 years despite is has always been there haha). Bases surrounded by choke holds, mid of the map has water so unable to build there, use blight, etc.
- AT map only, but river of souls is just plain weird. I guess it is fun for casual play tough; as a competitive map however I'd argue against it and win the debate, I don't think that needs any elaboration.
- How did TM make in into the RT pool, but not in the AT pool? This must be a blunt mistake :O
- Tournament maps are not updated. These still contain other maps than currently in the pool and the maps are not the LV versions.

Some other random notes:
- Clan chieftain no longer shows in top in channel; now treated same as shaman (by chronicle order of joining the channel).
- Max. amount of shaman not expanded since max. clan size is increased.
- Please set the new colors (as part of the expansion to 24 player maps) as optional for CG / only available after 12 players. Some colors are just hurtful to see and should never be drawn at random if not needed. E.g. black, white, fluoride pink.
- increase in friend list buddies would great. FL always full : (
- ability to /whisper people when they are 'in northrend' searching for an AT game.
- ability to decline /f m messages (and since I know zwartekat will read this, yes, this request is because of you :P).
- this is a long shot: but a view replay version directly available from bnet, mby even with friends. I think the latter is almost impossible with in respectable boundries.

Thanks
ps I assume the 4:3 mouse off-centered issue and the non-registration of key clicks when pressed at the same time are still at top of the 'todo' list for fixes <3
My friend has same issue to that one in known about taller than wider resolution but he has that issue in normal 4:3 in 1280x1024 resolution.
need to ban the people abusing the 2s AT matchmaking. top players have 0 min wins. should just close those accounts, and fix the MM problems associated
05/22/2018 02:06 PMPosted by BALLER4LIFE
need to ban the people abusing the 2s AT matchmaking. top players have 0 min wins. should just close those accounts, and fix the MM problems associated
also they are win trading
There is still a glitch but now reverse with Neutral Passive turning into player 16 violet.
When optimizing your map after map editing in the updated version it now acts like it did in 1.29.0 for the old maps.
Everything i have set to be Neut Passive turns to player 16 now. When you fixed the old maps you made them swap but why would you not have a condition that was like < 1.29 swap neutral passive back to normal and anything 1.29 and above leave normal.. I had to write code to fix this myself which shouldn't have to be done..

Another thing that would be nice but not top priority would be view old replays of at least the last 5 patches. probably not possible since you would probably have to have the last 5 .mpq and exe's etc. but even though that would take more disk space it would still be nice to have the option.

I've said it before as well need to be able to have about 10 sham's for clans and a bit larger friend list, Maybe a VIP list and a friends list.
05/18/2018 01:33 AMPosted by KeepUp
okay i know this might be wrong place to post but please BLIZZARD.

proof Players you can ban them FOREVER.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=magicaljew

watch this 0:50 in 4 v 4 rt

he kills his base tks teammates base and Feeds other Team with his workers exp.

its Players like this that make warcraft tft a toxic place.

PLEASE remove him from this game.

sorry for posting it here : /

update : his record 0/140

1 player was able to ruin 140 games

he always plays 4v4 rt simple maths :

7x140 980

he ruined 140 games for 980 people

THATS INSANE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BLIZZARD :'(
Played dota 6.83d under latest 1.29.2,there was a bug when earth spirit panda equipped Aghanim's Scepter,all his skills were broken and game unplayable.
My complaint wouldn't be posted. Maybe Blizzard is trying to hide the Failure of this new patch that they did in 2 weeks for commercials reasons
I think i'll just go play civilization at this point. The offcentered mouse, the ghosting of keys, the very poor mappool (or at least the majority of it) and the so obnoxious pathfinding of units making even simple actions as selecting workers a hassle is just no fking fun. I don't get how these things were not hotfixed hours or days (worst case scenario) after this info came out.
I will as well say that some changes on the new patch are good.
Let's not be only negative.
I still like playing WC3 on Bnet.
It is impossible to satisfy everyone, but personnally i would prefer to wait a few more minutes and have oponents with less difference of levels.
Sorry for my bad english.
And anyway, thanks to the Blizzard Team for your work.
this mm system good for solo, bad for Rt games, must be 2 different amm