[All] Server Restart 0900 PDT 5/4

General Discussion
Hi All,

We will be doing a server upgrade to fix a big at 0900 PDT. Expected downtime is 15 mins.

Changes:
* Fix a bug where the chat server will try to put too many players into the same default channel

Thanks, Classic Games
How about you do not change anything. Having a ton of people in the default channel makes the game feel alive. I dont think anyone feels bad for having alot of players in a default channel. If they do they can go join another channel.
Thanks, now how about that BNET CHAT API?
How long will it take?
Thaedalius:
This only fixes the server trying to put a lot of people in an almost full channel causing some players to be dumped to the void or get an error code.

Oragami:
Its coming.
Mark, any chance to get the Matchmaking hotfixed?
05/04/2018 08:59 AMPosted by CALLMEOCT
Mark, any chance to get the Matchmaking hotfixed?

its coming, they've said its hard to fix.

but yeah, we need this one the most!
Hello, I might be wrong here.. but two things:

First thing, can you fix on map "Avalance" the green camp aggro? when you just an scout it focus the scout (not on all location and it wasnt on the old version.. so thats not nice.. should be fixed)

Second thing, what about maphack? Anything against it in work? I wish... otherwise that hype might be short..

Thx 4 answer :)
05/04/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Thaedalius:
This only fixes the server trying to put a lot of people in an almost full channel causing some players to be dumped to the void or get an error code.

Oragami:
Its coming.

People seem to be appearing in W3 EN-18 now, while W3 EN-1 is not full at all. Is this on purpose?
Please can we have 10 shamans and bigger friends list? please

PS: Please fix the clan pages, they don't work
http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-clan-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&ClanTag=ROOT

TRY TO CLICK PAGE 2
Thaedalius:

Oragami:
Its coming.

In that case my bad. Im glad its kept the same way :)
05/04/2018 09:21 AMPosted by ZwarteKat
Thaedalius:

Oragami:
Its coming.

People seem to be appearing in W3 EN-18 now, while W3 EN-1 is not full at all. Is this on purpose?

It's not like its hard for people who end up on these channels to write /j W3 EN-1

But I guess some people lack the smarts even for such simple things
now again after u join BNET u gettin in a channel called like w3 en-14 with no ppl in there
05/04/2018 09:40 AMPosted by manuti
05/04/2018 09:21 AMPosted by ZwarteKat

It's not like its hard for people who end up on these channels to write /j W3 EN-1

It's not that big of a deal. I just think it's good if people are in one channel. It makes the game look more alive.
05/04/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

We will be doing a server upgrade to fix a big at 0900 PDT. Expected downtime is 15 mins.

Changes:
* Fix a bug where the chat server will try to put too many players into the same default channel

Thanks, Classic Games
People are in channel W3 EN-43 right now. ;)
05/04/2018 11:55 AMPosted by ZwarteKat
05/04/2018 09:40 AMPosted by manuti

It's not that big of a deal. I just think it's good if people are in one channel. It makes the game look more alive.

That is true.
Thaedalius:

Oragami:
Its coming.

Hi Mark,

After seeing the change take effect I have to conclude that you did in fact change the channel behaviour again. People are put in consecutive channels (w3 en-1, w3 en-2, etc.) again after each channel reaches 3 persons instead of 15. Please change this back. Having 15+ people per channel makes the game feel more alive. There is no reason for the channels to stack only to 3 by default.
To append to what I said above. I suggest you roll back the changes applied so that we may feel like the game is more lively again.
Maintenance seems to have brought back the issue of putting 1 player per channel on default channels.