[War 3] Server Update May 9th 1400 PDT

General Discussion
05/09/2018 02:18 PMPosted by sm0kE
i still can't find a game...

same here...ive been waiting for like 15 mins, still no game...
Work, thx =)
05/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by quick5ilver

same
I found out my SO is having twins yesterday, now this. What a time to be alive!

It is the best of times.

Thank you Classic Team!
As an old school fan, this is pretty exciting news! Any specifics on what exactly changed in the matching system?
How about you fix the !@#$ing issue for MAC users and allow us to play? It's been a MONTH and I still cannot play a %^-*ing game due to an "unable to authorize map" error. FIX IT.
So on west servers there is 10 secs(2v2 rt) before it finds a game. On east i looked for 15 mins still couldnt find one. Not sure if thats because the patch hasnt rolled out to the other servers or whatever but please fix.

Edit: Seems the problem is intermittent on west as well. Been waiting 10 mins now for 2s rt still havent found a game.
2s rt is dead on East. Dunno about West but it's probably slow there as well. Most of the rt is 4s. Maybe the matchmaking update will breathe some life into both!

re: quicksilver
After waiting in the 4v4 RT queue for 3 minutes i would honestly rather be placed in ANY kind of a 4v4 RT match regardless of opponent skill or level.

If possible do try to balance the two teams between each other so that you dont have 4 lvl30 players on team 1 and 4 lvl5 players on team 2.
05/10/2018 12:09 AMPosted by Bogdanov89
After waiting in the 4v4 RT queue for 3 minutes i would honestly rather be placed in ANY kind of a 4v4 RT match regardless of opponent skill or level.

If possible do try to balance the two teams between each other so that you dont have 4 lvl30 players on team 1 and 4 lvl5 players on team 2.

As much as it sucks to have bad allies, 4v4 rt probably suffers the least from a big mathc range since teams try to even out based on people's MMR, so id be inclined to agree.

You have to understand though, some gametypes arent as active on some servers, and there was never that many players searching at 4am either :P
already tested new patch and with new Acc (0/0) was playing vs 17 lvl solo.
this is good ?
05/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by quick5ilver

Guys you are just waiting 15 mins.. Before reset my average search time was something like 2 hours @Northrend
It would be awesome if during the off-peak (less players online) hours we had an ultra relaxed match making so that it becomes actually possible to find games.

If i happen to play some war3 at 10 AM or 4 AM i would much rather find ANY game with ANY teammates/opponents than just sit in a queue forever until i quit.
05/09/2018 12:14 PMPosted by quick5ilver
I loaded up War3 the other day for new patch and waited 10 mins just to quit. Does this mean i'm gonna be stomped every game lol? I haven't played since 2005 but at least ill be able to play. I've been hankerin for some war3 for a long time. I was the best at 3s rt back in the day. Hope i can still hold my weight in a game.

Prepare yourself for a little bit of !@#-kicking. I've been top 100 EU back in the early TFT days, and now I'm just average at best :) Serious microing etc was not that common back then, e-sports grew, people learned and copied and upgraded their posture alot.
05/09/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Wotep
I found out my SO is having twins yesterday, now this. What a time to be alive!

It is the best of times.

Thank you Classic Team!

Why aren't you married?
Seems really good to me, maybe you could tighten it to 80 buckets in solo to avoid the most blatant matchups but in every other gametype this is good. Thank you so much!
The new system is effective. I was able to find 4s on useast quickly last night. The range of opponents and allies varied from new players and ~40+% winrate players to good players and 60+%.
What can I say, new system is bad!
in 4x4 ladder RT I always get allies less than 50% but enemy was above 50%
Hey Pete & Classics Team - awesome, really a big fan of the speed you're correcting stuff in!

Still some issues we need to address quickly:
- Disconnections after game ends and often also when search is >3 min. (= so A LOT): "Your connection to Battle-net has been lost" -> "Battle.net has automatically cancelled the request". This happened sometime with the 1.29 patch
- Warden/anti-cheat systems upgrade
- Further improve latency and/or make ONE big or TWO big servers instead of the current 4
- Chat channel joining doesnt make sense. Every new player keeps being put in +X channel, so -4, -5, [...], -15, etc. Put people in the first until its full. It was just fixed earlier now broken again

Thanks! And never mind the endless stream of balance stuff, this is one of the most balanced games in history.