[All] Server Update May 22nd 1000 PDT

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Hi All,

We will be upgrading the classic servers on the 22nd. Expected downtime is around an hour.

Specific Changes & Improvements
  • New accounts will expire after 10 days instead of 2 to align with Diablo II character expiration
  • Enforce account purge after 90 days inactivity (with 7 day grace period)

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed issues with clan service (Warcraft III)
Cool when's the reset?
Are there any plans to let users create more persistent accounts? What about email notifications if your account is about to expire?
05/17/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi All,

We will be upgrading the classic servers on the 22nd. Expected downtime is around an hour.

• New accounts will expire after 10 days instead of 2 to align with Diablo II character expiration

Bug Fixes

When we can expect application freeze problem to be solved? It happens most of the times that you either blick "B" hotkey for Battle.net or you press mouse then your sreen just freezing. When you press some random letters it goes normal, but the experience about freeze is bad. Such common bugs shouldn't exist. Another thing is the ping command.

When you join bot hosted games in custom games (War3) the bot gives you information about your ping. However its always different than the ping command. I want to know which ping is real. The one that you do /ping in game or the bots information?

The known issue about keyboard that are not registered in War3 also disables these keys on windows 7(I don't have Windows 10 so I don't know for sure if this happens in Windows 10 too). I can't use these keys unless I restart the computer. Possible information about this too?
Heya, could ya elaborate on the clan service update? Thanks!
Any word about the default chat channels reverting to 1 person per channel? you guys fixed it in the server maintenance that introduced language-based chat channels, but the maintenance after broke them again.
Wohoo,
For clans (WC3) I have two remarks:
- In the past the Chieftain used to always have top position in the channel. This is no longer the case. Feels most logical that he should.
- Still only limited number of shaman is allowed, but I believe clan size itself expanded. Shamans should expand with it imo.
- Clan message can't be retrieved and thus changed, but I guess this was a known issue.
Hi All,

Bug Fixes

Please be more specific about this account expire thing

As for now, a new character will expire after 10 days, but if you use it more than two hours, it will expire after 90 days of inactivity. Will this mean, that if you have two+ characters on an account, and atleast one is not "new" anymore, the account will stay active for atleast 90 days, or how do this work?

I'm thinking about people using mules, this will hit them hard if they dont know this new change
05/20/2018 01:38 AMPosted by MrAndros
Hi All,

Bug Fixes

Please be more specific about this account expire thing

As for now, a new character will expire after 10 days, but if you use it more than two hours, it will expire after 90 days of inactivity.

They said new accounts, not characters.

• I think purging accounts due to inactivity is a bad idea. If somebody wishes for a pause from the game, he should be allowed to do so without having to worry about his accounts. Some people have built stats and icons over the years and it would be a shame to lose everything like that. It would make more sense to purge account with less games, though (let's say, for example, with peon/tier 1 racial icon).
    I hope this is going to fix a lot of the issues that have been popping up like crazy for Diablo 2.

If not, expect a lot more free space on your servers.
    Oh boy, the clientless bots are about to get rekt'd
    Can we get a clan service for Diablo II and StarCraft? Op channels make it hard to have an in-game community setup in a dedicated channel.
    Thank you for updating this almost 20 year old game for all of us.

Now, if you can start working on releasing a Diablo II Remastered and have players be able to play with eachother like SC Remastered or another Expansion...

:-)

3rd Expansion will draw in old and new players alike along with purchase of old CD-Keys = Boost in Sales!
    Thank you almighty Overmind. :P
    the f list from diffrent servers is strange thou. hope they make it same for all servers.
    Nerfs required.

Speed scroll, cost inscrease from 50 to 75

Rod (undead) cost from 150 to 200
    Blademaster nerf (wind walk, we need heavy nerf here, crtis also - because your last nerf was a spit into non orc players face).
    Destroyer nerf
    good!
    Hi Mark !

You didn't say anything about the broken sorceress telekinesis skill...I hope you're going to put it back as it always has been ?! So that we players can use the telekinesis skill to open barrels and get through portals as we have always done in the past !