[All] Server Update May 22nd 1000 PDT

General Discussion
05/22/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Skellig
Hello! Today, after your clan services update, I lost the clan "Clan HellSing" "Clan Hell"? my nickname: Vasya_
Please return back, as it was, with the players who joined the clan.
Do not re-create it for me now ...
Thank you!

Server Reset is from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PST. Check back later after 11:00 a.m. I am sure they are not DONE yet.

Go have brunch. Take a walk.
05/22/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Wounded
05/22/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Skellig
Hello! Today, after your clan services update, I lost the clan "Clan HellSing" "Clan Hell"? my nickname: Vasya_
Please return back, as it was, with the players who joined the clan.
Do not re-create it for me now ...
Thank you!

Server Reset is from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PST. Check back later after 11:00 a.m. I am sure they are not DONE yet.

There was a disconnect Bnet, and after that when I went into the game, I saw that my clan was gone! ... You can help ?
"All accounted for."

Somehow Blizzard should listen better to their heroes.
05/22/2018 10:13 AMPosted by jas
90 day inactivity purge has always been there, but there should be some way to prevent this. At least for long standing accounts or perhaps using other prereqs. Having to ask a friend to log into my tft account when I'm traveling as the only solution to getting my 15 year old account not deleted is silly.
05/22/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Skellig
05/22/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Wounded

There was a disconnect Bnet, and after that when I went into the game, I saw that my clan was gone! ... You can help ?

IF the accounts are not back... after the "All server maintenance"...

Start a new thread... maybe in the support forum... Link this announcement so that you have a basis for the "lost clan" since this addresses it.

I can't help because I have no way of checking. Maybe the support agents definitely can look into it.
It appears you guys fixed the Whirlwind problem. I've not been safely able to play in about a week. Much appreciated. To give you an idea what I was experiencing outside of what has already been thoroughly documented.

I would War Cry and Battle Cry when Whirlwinding into a pack of monsters and War Cry would take two or three attempts to stun the group and only a few would be affected. Similar with Battle Cry. Sometimes I'd ww into a pack of monsters and hit Battle Cry and the monsters surrounding me wouldn't be cursed, but the monsters six inches over where I began the ww would be cursed.

Leaping over the fire areas between the wp and the entrance of Chaos would rubber band me back to where I leapt from and sometimes I'd go back but my character looked as though it was where I wanted to leap to in the first place. Moving the character, it could only move around according to the area I leapt from. It was weird.

Again, thanks.
05/22/2018 12:59 PMPosted by BearTribe
It appears you guys fixed the Whirlwind problem. I've not been safely able to play in about a week. Much appreciated. To give you an idea what I was experiencing outside of what has already been thoroughly documented.

I would War Cry and Battle Cry when Whirlwinding into a pack of monsters and War Cry would take two or three attempts to stun the group and only a few would be affected. Similar with Battle Cry. Sometimes I'd ww into a pack of monsters and hit Battle Cry and the monsters surrounding me wouldn't be cursed, but the monsters six inches over where I began the ww would be cursed.

Leaping over the fire areas between the wp and the entrance of Chaos would rubber band me back to where I leapt from and sometimes I'd go back but my character looked as though it was where I wanted to leap to in the first place. Moving the character, it could only move around according to the area I leapt from. It was weird.

Again, thanks.

that's lag, on your end.
05/20/2018 11:46 AMPosted by marco93f
05/17/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
  • Enforce account purge after 90 days inactivity (with 7 day grace period)

• I think purging accounts due to inactivity is a bad idea. If somebody wishes for a pause from the game, he should be allowed to do so without having to worry about his accounts. Some people have built stats and icons over the years and it would be a shame to lose everything like that. It would make more sense to purge account with less games, though (let's say, for example, with peon/tier 1 racial icon).

LOL don't fool yourself. This isn't about customer satisfaction, it's about maintaining a cluster of servers so old they should be in a museum

Again, thanks.

Can someone video and or confirm that WW is indeed patched?
    05/18/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Joe
    Heya, could ya elaborate on the clan service update? Thanks!

Hey Joe
    with this update are account timeouts refreshed?

i just tried making my old account again, this time i documented the last time i tried to login (and got the 8 message) since i came to the conclusion that trying to login and failing was refreshing the account timeout. the last time was 2018-02-15 and today i was unable to create the account again, i was told it already existed.

i hope trying to create an account and failing doesn't refresh the account timeout.
    Hi All,

We will be upgrading the classic servers on the 22nd. Expected downtime is around an hour.

Hi Mark,

Ran into an error when trying to disband clan 4x4 on Azeroth.
    The chief lost its clan tag, but it looked like the clan didn't fully disband.

The Bnet ladder page for 4x4 also is blank, so there is some indication of a disband occurring.

Edit: Looks like accounts do lose their 4x4 tag after relogging
    Only I stopped updating the account of the clans? http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-ladder-solo-clan.aspx?Gateway=Northrend
    I'm not sure if you guys are talking about WC3, saying that it always had the 90 day inactivity purge, that's not true for WC3... I remember not playing my alt accounts for like 2 years and I was able to get back on it just fine.
    언제 오픈되는거야!!!
    05/22/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Voodooist

Again, thanks.

Can someone video and or confirm that WW is indeed patched?
    It isn't. Never believe what beartribe troll posts.

Again, thanks.
    No, Whirlwind is still having the same issues. You are the only person I've encountered, whether it's on the forum or on the game, that says the issue is fixed.

It's not.
    I just solo cleared all of Hell Chaos, WSK 1, 2, 3, Throne and Baal in a 4 player game on US West HC Ladder and WW worked almost perfectly, except in WSK 3 when facing the Doom Knights along the walls. I could see the monsters, but they where not being hit by WW, they were not stunned by War Cry and they were not being cursed with Battle Cry. The fix was to get them off the wall and into the middle of an open area where they dropped like flies. While sifting through the loot Baal attacked me with the lightening spell which hit me, but the animation was about 6 inches away from me.

My biggest fear will be when facing Immune to Physical Blood Lords while being Amped and they have a Might Aura, and when facing Snakes when hunting Nilh. These monsters are normally no problem with my Barbs, but the way things are it's a bit risky.

I think it's important to provide Blizzard with as much detail as possible as to what is happening so they can try to recreate what we are experiencing.

As for all the disconnections everyone has been mentioning, I only started being disconnected on one laptop when I disconnected it from it's internet cable and played the game over wifi from the house router. I get "timed out" disconnects and for some reason the disconnect always closes the mini panel but save and exiting doesn't close it.

Edit: Another area where the 3 skills I mentioned were not working was in WSK 3 when attacking around the floor torches and where the ground had one of Baal's upheavals.
    05/23/2018 11:27 AMPosted by BearTribe
    I just solo cleared all of Hell Chaos, WSK 1, 2, 3, Throne and Baal in a 4 player game on US West HC Ladder and WW worked almost perfectly, except in WSK 3 when facing the Doom Knights along the walls. I could see the monsters, but they where not being hit by WW, they were not stunned by War Cry and they were not being cursed with Battle Cry. The fix was to get them off the wall and into the middle of an open area where they dropped like flies. While sifting through the loot Baal attacked me with the lightening spell which hit me, but the animation was about 6 inches away from me.

My biggest fear will be when facing Immune to Physical Blood Lords while being Amped and they have a Might Aura, and when facing Snakes when hunting Nilh. These monsters are normally no problem with my Barbs, but the way things are it's a bit risky.

I think it's important to provide Blizzard with as much detail as possible as to what is happening so they can try to recreate what we are experiencing.

As for all the disconnections everyone has been mentioning, I only started being disconnected on one laptop when I disconnected it from it's internet cable and played the game over wifi from the house router. I get "timed out" disconnects and for some reason the disconnect always closes the mini panel but save and exiting doesn't close it.

Edit: Another area where the 3 skills I mentioned were not working was in WSK 3 when attacking around the floor torches and where the ground had one of Baal's upheavals.
    Almost every video link in this thread is the state of Whirlwind right now. The stream link posted a few days ago which shows a side by side comparison is the most telling.

It is simply not possible to execute tight whirlwinds or change directions quickly with whirlwind. For you to say that whirlwind is working perfectly means you either aren't whirlwinding in the most efficient damage dealing way, or you're trolling.

In two different threads you are falsely stating that whirlwind is working fine when it is not. Multiple people on this forum or in the game itself can attest to this.

In spite of us showing video feedback of exactly what we are talking about you are undermining the effort of raising awareness to this issue at a development level.

TL;DR you do not understand how to properly use Whirlwind.