Diablo 2 - Whirlwind Barbs - WTF Happened?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
"You CAN'T even with massive imagination make a more unbalanced game than what theese new patches does to diablo2."

writebug
Barbarian whirlwind is totally broken. Only 1/2 of my whirlwinds in travincal when running ofr gold actually make hits.

Fix plz blizzard. Ty.
Does this also affect WW sin?
Please fix this whirlwind bug I don't want to have to quit playing d2 on battle.net
05/20/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Knoland
Does this also affect WW sin?

Ofc, they broke the skill itself.
The only difference between doing wirl on assa vs baba is the animation.

So per now.
Amazon is broken
Necro is broken
Barb is broken
Soso is broken
Druid is broken
Wirl assa is broken

Paladongs are improved(due to the nerfing of other(wirls and walkstyles))
Assassins are improved(due to the nerfing of other(wirl and walkstyles))

If this game is gonna last blizz should revert the recent change all since they !@#$ed up wsg/desync/wirlbug etc... I probarly don't even know all the bugs they createted lately.

A smiter who never miss can only be killed by an hammerdin....
Hammerdin can just smite + foh stun, then jump and never miss themselves as well...

Only fixes that blizz did that was good:
- Far Cast on amazon.
even the de-syncing while walking is awful. if you get hit or "trapped" by a group then you just keep teleporting back every 3 seconds.

it's really funny that they insist on patching exploits even if that means removing necessary safe-guards that make this game function properly in a client<>server environment.
This is what happens when they bring in people to upgrade servers and work on 20 year old code.

I don't play a barb, but this mixed with the sorc changes really sucks.
Why is telek even in the game now? It's totally useless at this point.

Hopefully they respond on Monday and try to fix it.
Lets hope they wont add delay for teleport,hammer,fireball,tornado, and so on...
Why would this change to the server affect Whirlwind and no other skills? I would think other classes/skills would be getting more desync as well.
05/20/2018 04:15 PMPosted by HunterSC
Why would this change to the server affect Whirlwind and no other skills? I would think other classes/skills would be getting more desync as well.

No other skill in the game functions quite like Whirlwind. It's a dynamically moving attack.
05/20/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Pillion

No other skill in the game functions quite like Whirlwind. It's a dynamically moving attack.

charge, leap attack
No Blue has said anything throughout this entire thread, that's odd.
05/20/2018 08:56 PMPosted by SangoReborn
05/20/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Pillion

charge, leap attack
If you did some digging throughout this very thread, and a couple of the top featured ones on this forum, you'll find that other classes have been hit hard since last Tuesday.

Charge and Leap Attack function nothing like Whirlwind.

Charge only does damage at point of impact. If you look, the Paladin will stop and Swing his weapon to finish the Charge animation.

The same is true for Leap Attack. You do not do damage while moving, even though the attack causes you to move.

Whirlwind is the only skill in the game that attacks while being mobile; not ever having to stop once to swing your weapon; unless you click your Whirlwind right on the person.
05/20/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Acuity
The only thing I can think of is that the announcement of Server Maintenance for Tuesday should fix some of the issues we've been seeing so an official statement in this thread might not be necessary. If a Blue were to comment in here they would almost undoubtedly say the wrong thing, as they tend to do, and a flame war would ensue.

The only other option is...
05/20/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Pillion
The only thing I can think of is that the announcement of Server Maintenance for Tuesday should fix some of the issues we've been seeing so an official statement in this thread might not be necessary. If a Blue were to comment in here they would almost undoubtedly say the wrong thing, as they tend to do, and a flame war would ensue.

Let's hope it's just that they are looking into it, messing with barb's only real viable attack is ridiculous.

Yes barbs have other skills but nothing compares to PvP/PvM Whirlwind
05/20/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Pillion

Would be nice , but i doubt!

it definitely is not the only skill affected, it's just significantly more noticeable when an entire whirlwind does no damage.

whirlwind builds typically depend very much on hitting in order to survive (leech, freeze/chill/slow/etc, and killing monsters = removing sources of damage), so you'll take a hard hit on your survivability when you're not hitting anything.
i don't do pvp myself, but it should be terrible there as well.