Diablo 2 - Whirlwind Barbs - WTF Happened?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
@Pillon: Disturbed by seeing and reading this post. I've been a 15+ year vet who as of the last two resets has transitioned to exclusively HC. I already was planning on going WW Barb out of the gate, and this now drastically changes my approach if this is not patched.

Thank you for posting the SBS Twitch video as that was extremely useful to see it in play.

Hopefully we can get this addressed.
05/21/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Voodooist
@Pillon: Disturbed by seeing and reading this post. I've been a 15+ year vet who as of the last two resets has transitioned to exclusively HC. I already was planning on going WW Barb out of the gate, and this now drastically changes my approach if this is not patched.

Thank you for posting the SBS Twitch video as that was extremely useful to see it in play.

Hopefully we can get this addressed.
Hopefully. We shall see tomorrow.
its because blizzard dont have a clue about the game or its player base and what they would like, they only do what suits them. this game has been totally dead for about 2 years now since they started messing about with changes.

p.s if you can read this blizzard, i dont play the game anymore, havent done for around 8 months, but prior to that i played this game since it began. thats what you've done to this game.
I see... there's already 6 pages of discussion about this... I'm just dropping by from dueling my friend's Assassin to drop my 2 cents.
Me, being a long-time-barb fan, a decent duelist I'd say, trying to jump and "perfectly" whirl my friend, continuously wondering how hard I'm messing up all the time with my try-hard-tight whirlwinds when eventually we did some whirl-tests just to realize I barely do any damage and my opponent can just walk out like "lol noob". I looked up the forums and stumbled upon this thread here.

I honestly don't know, or am rather sure the Classic Developers don't know, what they did with this recent, yet again silent and absolutely non-informative, "patch". This is by no means intended to be offending against whoever tries to improve this legend of a game, which sadly rather worsens than anything else - in terms of my personal experience that is.

I politely ask you, Developers, to un-do and revert this recent "improvement" because at this point, the skill Whirlwind might as well be replaced with a more appropriate name like "Uselesswind" - this, by the way, does not only apply to the pvp mechanics, but also to pvm (Whirling against the team High Council in Travincal only ends up with me being dead)

That being said, here the TL;DR version:
Barbs/Hybsins are useless because the skill Whrilwind is broken. Needs to be fixed/reverted/undone otherwise the Skill Whirlwind might as well be deleted from the game along with the Barbarians..
05/22/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Doom
I see... there's already 6 pages of discussion about this... I'm just dropping by from dueling my friend's Assassin to drop my 2 cents.
Me, being a long-time-barb fan, a decent duelist I'd say, trying to jump and "perfectly" whirl my friend, continuously wondering how hard I'm messing up all the time with my try-hard-tight whirlwinds when eventually we did some whirl-tests just to realize I barely do any damage and my opponent can just walk out like "lol noob". I looked up the forums and stumbled upon this thread here.

I honestly don't know, or am rather sure the Classic Developers don't know, what they did with this recent, yet again silent and absolutely non-informative, "patch". This is by no means intended to be offending against whoever tries to improve this legend of a game, which sadly rather worsens than anything else - in terms of my personal experience that is.

I politely ask you, Developers, to un-do and revert this recent "improvement" because at this point, the skill Whirlwind might as well be replaced with a more appropriate name like "Uselesswind" - this, by the way, does not only apply to the pvp mechanics, but also to pvm (Whirling against the team High Council in Travincal only ends up with me being dead)

That being said, here the TL;DR version:
Barbs/Hybsins are useless because the skill Whrilwind is broken. Needs to be fixed/reverted/undone otherwise the Skill Whirlwind might as well be deleted from the game along with the Barbarians..

this
I just did a 5 minute ww Chaos and all the problems I've been having for the past week are gone. Tight triangles crush again, War Cry and Battle Cry are again hitting all the monsters in the proper radius and Leap isn't causing my character to rubber band when using it between the way point and the Chaos entrance.

The problems didn't occur on Single Player, same with Telekinesis, which leads me to believe it is server side, not intentional and likely an unwanted side-effect of them trying to deal with the rubber banding, which is a side effect of them trying to deal with desync.
Ww is still broken and still worthless
05/22/2018 12:42 PMPosted by BearTribe
The problems didn't occur on Single Player, same with Telekinesis, which leads me to believe it is server side, not intentional and likely an unwanted side-effect of them trying to deal with the rubber banding, which is a side effect of them trying to deal with desync.

You thought server side patches would apply to single player? even though you haven't downloaded any patches that modify your diablo ii files since 1.14d.

Clueless
Waiting for that blue post just to acknowledge the issue
05/23/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Acuity

This.
Most of all I just wish I could come here and see a post, any post, with some official information. Instead all us customers have is this speculation and infighting. For me, this adds to the decline of the game far more than the gameplay issues themselves.
Frenzy is bugged as well. If you move too fast you'll get stuck in a rubberband loop. Won't be able to town portal, won't be able to attack monsters, and won't be able to escape a certain radius because of rubberbanding.
05/23/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Millionaar
05/23/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Acuity

This.
Most of all I just wish I could come here and see a post, any post, with some official information. Instead all us customers have is this speculation and infighting. For me, this adds to the decline of the game far more than the gameplay issues themselves.

Hell look at the WSG thread from back in late March. Page upon page of people saying the same thing; PvP is basically imbalanced. No official post in that one either, although it did eventually get reverted back.

I just don't see the company coming in a thread and saying "We screwed up, we're sorry, and we're working on a fix." Too much ego from a big corporation.
Morons.
Still ww is not close to work correctly, waiting for a fix!
fix pls
We need to find a way to get in touch with some higher ups about this chicanery. Tweeting them might not be a bad idea.
05/24/2018 09:28 AMPosted by FunkyMonk
We need to find a way to get in touch with some higher ups about this chicanery. Tweeting them might not be a bad idea.
Their twitter support account gives pretty speedy results. I remember it being slammed one time when US West was offline on a weekend, and in a few short hours after multiple tweets by many West players a developer was in the forum telling us a fix is under way.
Riot! Blizzard, fix these issues A.S.A.P please!
ty
Find out how to WW properly using this one cool trick...