Diablo 2 - Whirlwind Barbs - WTF Happened?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
quit now b4 blizz banns ur cdkey because bot finding program thinks everyone with more than 3games/hour is a bot
It doesn't even matter anymore. There's so many noob Barbarian players in public games that swear Whirlwind is 100% back to normal, whether trolling or genuine.

GG Blizzard. Go ahead and give Blessed Hammer and Smite damage bonuses and let lightning facets work with Trappers. It's obvious you don't want versatility in games, so we'll play your two best classes forever.

Don't even acknowledge that your game is broken and your servers are !@#$. Don't even bother fixing Warcraft II or Diablo 1 so they can be played on Battle.net like it has been for two decades.

Just keep pumping out content on your new games that have no heart or soul because that's where the money is.

Who cares about the loyal players who have been here from the beginning because your company used to be something to be proud of?

Go ahead and permban this account from the forums because no matter how much constructive feedback I, or others, post it is entirely irrelevant.

Your mission statement is "Destroy the games that made us famous, pump out new games that have DLC and pay-to-win mechanics."

Soulless bastards.
05/16/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Pillion
Even the basic Run/Walk mechanics seem wonky after your little "fixes". I'll be trying to cross the bridge in A1 to get to Blood Moor and my character will keep going back-and-forth, back-and-forth, multiple freaking times.

Why is it that the Classic Development team feels the need to continually jack the game up?

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS. THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE FOR WHIRLWIND BARBARIANS AND ASSASSINS.

PLEASE STOP DOING THESE LITTLE FIXES. YOUR GOOD INTENTIONS ARE BREAKING THE GAME WITH EVERY UPDATE.

I can confirm something very strange is up with the movement pathfinding.

Also ping ponging alot on my sorc.
It is definitely the servers. When I play from 5am to 7 am it's almost problem free, but when I just tried to do a quick Chaos at 6 pm it was horrendous and took 20 minutes. I couldn't life leech and monsters were disappearing and reappearing.

Edit: I have a recording of my barb running in town and then doing a complete 180 then another 180 and my cursor never stop moving in the direction of the npc I was heading toward.

Edit 2: This is how bad it is. https://youtu.be/J_qt1jtPzwM
Battle Orders is hit and miss, I'm getting hit by monster not around me, I'm have a hard time life stealing, Taunt doesn't always work, War Cry and Battle Cry aren't working properly, It's difficult to control my cursor. Grand Vizier disappears and reappears. It's mess.
During peak and non-peak hours with terrible internet I can easily dispatch any PvM environment. I did notice however that Pillion's observation on WW is pretty true. I will WW over something and nothing happens. While it's not a game breaker it is something wrong with the game so it might need to be looked at in the near future. I'm hoping all of these changes are a necessary evil for a soon to be announced d2 remaster :)
Game is !@#$ed. stop playin
05/24/2018 05:52 PMPosted by DeF
its not that bad lol. stopping play is worst thing u can do.... if we all quit they would stop running the servers
05/24/2018 05:57 PMPosted by blizzfanboy
05/24/2018 05:52 PMPosted by DeF
its not that bad lol. stopping play is worst thing u can do.... if we all quit they would stop running the servers
But it *is* that bad. Especially when a class you main is now completely worthless at any competitive level.
i'm kind of sad this hasn't been addressed in any way thus far :(
i guess ladder reset is pointless if the game doesn't work properly.
And what about Anya portal? I wanna get some good claws in her shop, and now it takes 3-4 seconds to enter the tp again, when it was automatic before.
Bump
when eu will be fixed ? ww and animation is totaly broken ...
05/25/2018 08:43 AMPosted by MAX
when eu will be fixed ? ww and animation is totaly broken ...
Hopefully soon. =/
Bump because I don't care if it's against policy. You care more about the rules of a forum than you do game functionality.
05/26/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Pillion
Bump because I don't care if it's against policy. You care more about the rules of a forum than you do game functionality.
Everyone knows, including Blizz, that you're not posting to communicate to the Classic Team anything productive or helpful. All you are doing is keeping the vitriol and disdain alive. Which I'm sure Blizz has completely ignored since page 2 of this thread developed.
They made a change without a change log, broke an integral mechanic that players have used for over a decade. Blizzard owes us, not the other way around.

We don't need to communicate in a way that Blizzard finds acceptable. They need to stop busting their game, or give us an official statement as to why the changes are made.
05/26/2018 12:36 PMPosted by BearTribe
05/26/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Pillion
Everyone knows, including Blizz, that you're not posting to communicate to the Classic Team anything productive or helpful. All you are doing is keeping the vitriol and disdain alive. Which I'm sure Blizz has completely ignored since page 2 of this thread developed.
Far as I'm concerned, they've ignored it since page 1.

Want something constructive? Revert every serverside change that happened two weeks ago.

Want more?

It's super ironic that you of all people are saying I'm not posting anything productive or helpful. Aren't you the one with multiple handles that goes around downvoting and accusing everyone who is aggravated at recent changes of botting/hacking?

Pot, meet kettle. I think you're both black.
05/26/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Pillion
...Everyone knows, including Blizz, that you're not posting to communicate to the Classic Team anything productive or helpful. All you are doing is keeping the vitriol and disdain alive. Which I'm sure Blizz has completely ignored since page 2 of this thread developed.
Far as I'm concerned, they've ignored it since page 1.

Want something constructive? Revert every serverside change that happened two weeks ago.

Want more?
They made changes to fight the hackers and it caused unwanted side effects to us legits. Blizzard is working to get rid of these hackers on their servers, which I 100% support. Often, when doing something for the greater good a lot of pain is involved. Blizzard is further building their battle.net brand by attracting other game companies to it. Part of the deal would be that Blizzard diligently works to keep criminal/hackers off their servers. This is why Blizzard is hiring more engineers for the continued maintenance of the entire Diablo franchise and Battle.net.

I play almost exclusively barbs and it is affecting me very negatively. I'm not getting my highly addictive daily Dopamine dump that playing the barb has given me for more than 15 years. I still play everyday, but it's not good, it doesn't feel good. But I have faith that they'll have the fix upon reset. In the mean time I suggest everyone spread the work that the real problem is the hackers and botters on Battle.net and rally together to help push these criminals away from Battle.net by not supporting them in anyway. If they don't fix the Whirlwind desync i'll be retiring to single player until they do.
05/26/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Pillion
...Everyone knows, including Blizz, that you're not posting to communicate to the Classic Team anything productive or helpful. All you are doing is keeping the vitriol and disdain alive. Which I'm sure Blizz has completely ignored since page 2 of this thread developed.
Aren't you the one with multiple handles that goes around downvoting and accusing everyone who is aggravated at recent changes of botting/hacking?

Pot, meet kettle. I think you're both black.
I only use this account and I don't use the thumb system. That is demonstratively obvious even in our conversation today. :)

I only accuse botters of being botters after they have admitted on this forum for being a botter, and even then I only bring it up after they've trolled me for supporting Blizzard. :)

How come it says you have 1500 post but your history only shows 70, where as my history shows all 2300? I heard there is a forum hack to boost post count.