Rubberband

General Discussion
My god it's terrible. Will be walking and my char will randomly walk back to the spot I lagged out at.... good thing I'm playing a Necro and not some melee char...
Rubberbanding forced me to switch to softcore tbh. Don't wanna lose my character because not only I naturally have lag since I live in south america, but also this rubberbanding seems to be affecting even people close to the gateways.
yes , for any1 unclear of this, in times past, lag used to "warp" u to ur actual server location,

now ur char walks back~ very frustrating
also I've experienced another running glitch where she does rapid 180's in the same spot continuously unless I stop and walk her out of it.

got me killed a few times. would have raged on HC
Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious... how bout we move over to some adequate servers and leave behind that old single bnet PC that's been chugging along since like 1999
06/17/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Gameo
Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious... how bout we move over to some adequate servers and leave behind that old single bnet PC that's been chugging along since like 1999

I think this problem actually started after they migrated their servers recently, ironically.

I guess the "don't fix what ain't broken" argument is proven
06/17/2018 12:22 PMPosted by OShogun
06/17/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Gameo

I think this problem actually started after they migrated their servers recently, ironically.

I guess the "don't fix what ain't broken" argument is proven

Typical ActiBlizzard ineptitude and lack of giving a damn at it's finest.
Back, when D2 was in development, the marketplace and creative atmosphere were just burgeoning. Much more attention to detail was applied in producing something never done before.

Diablo 2 was not a cookie-cutter game.

The D2 developers were in a different world that doesn't exist anymore. They didn't have any money or standing worldwide. They were creating something never done before. Diablo 2 had to work and it had to be the greatest game in the world.

Today, there's no reason to do anything hearty. It's a gravy train and soon it will be beer-thirty, and the check's in the mail, so why bother too much.
Yup. Its terrible.
I played last year and rubberbanding wasn't even a thing. Hell, I'm not sure it's actual rubberbanding. Rubberbanding is tracing back your steps really quickly because your connection couldnt keep up with your game client I thought.

The way I see it, I attack a monster, but there's some sort of lag (Game doesnt feel laggy beyond hits not going through). The monster just teleports to another part of the screen, and if i was melee range attacking it, i just teleport with the monster instantly, even if i never went there.
I dont even have words to express my frsutration about this as I am playing a HC barb and died as Ladder Nr. 2 yesterday because of this.

all I can say is Blizzard, fix this already!!!!
There is some kind crazy going on for sure. Right now Larzuk is on the cobble stone walkway close to the stairs that are going up to the town portals. I don't need answers, and I can work around these, but I hope by letting Blizzard know of these problems they can reproduce them and make the problems go away.

I'm experiencing all these problems on the Bloody Foothills with a Concentraton Barbarian on US West HC Ladder.

• There are a lot of monsters disappearing and reappearing in different spots, as well as my merc. My merc also frequently can attack monsters a 3rd of a screen away from him with at least a 6" gap between him and the monster.
  • When attacking monsters that run away they appear to be running on the spot then I instantly appear in a different spot a full screen away.
  • There is this thing when holding down a melee attack but I'm not hitting the monster though my attack is happening and at rapid speeds.
  • There is a thing where I'm attacking a monster directly in front of my character but no damage is occurring then when I stop the attack the monster switches positions with the monster behind it.
  • The pathing that causes my character to randomly bounce back and forth on the spot is occurring in open areas.
  • Right on queue, as I said here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762288261?page=1#post-20

1.13 was far superior, this new team are truly incompetent
    06/17/2018 11:22 AMPosted by dos350
    yes , for any1 unclear of this, in times past, lag used to "warp" u to ur actual server location,

now ur char walks back~ very frustrating

Ahh, i thought something felt different..