"You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please reconnect"

Support
I'm also having this issue. I just bought this off of THEIR website. Brand new cd keys and everything FROM bnet. Spoke with a tech, did what he advised. Also was advised to wait 48 hours. Wth? Buy a brand new game, two actually, and I cant play it? Seriously. And dont tell me Im temp banned. Being that I just bought it and havent logged on, thats IMPOSSIBLE.
I have been having this problem for a couple days now and I just reinstalled this game after at least a year of not playing. CD key is straight from my bnet account onlune.
So, I've read the official post, and don't understand. You're basically temp banning people just for trying to play the game, or for playing the game in a matter that upsets the servers. Temp banning for muling, doing MF runs, etc., is absolutely ridiculous. None of my friends, or myself, are able to play the game now. Anything we try to do results in a temp ban. Are you trying that hard to make us play Diablo 3? I don't get it.
ban for scrolling thru skills with mouse wheel?? TF.
been playing since 2000 with mouse wheel scroll... why would that be a ban?
37 days later and still no help.
if you are using a wifi connection as well that could cause it going to cable solved the restriction probs for me it seems to set off the bot detection system

gl bud
@brett im on an ethernet connection, thx for trying atleast. 38 days and still no help blizzard?
sorry to hear that seems blizzard thinks customers don't matter the cd key issue is being ignored as well
40 days later and still no help, blizzard?
Let me break it down for you guys. Blizzard North made diablo 2 and Blizzard the company that it is today. Blizzard North cared about gameplay and products where as Blizzard South and current members in charge of Blizzard only care about money these days. Blizzard is starting to realize that they are becoming crap now and even with their tactics of "Make 500 new games a year but dont update the old ones and let them fall into Craptopia", is no longer working. The fact that Hearthstone is the most popular game to offer when they spend so long on their games, graphics, and cinematics thats saying something. Maybe, just maybe when you guys opened up "Blizzard South" might be 100% of the reason why your company is going South and all your games are going to crap. All Classic Blizzard gamers know that Blizzard North ditched your anuses and has no intention of working with your company again. Please show this message to your higher ups and maybe it will inspire a spark in their mind to pull their head out of their !@#$ that has been wedged deeply up there for so long. All of these d2 Errors are as of recent because Blizzard south tried to update the game and with your ruining tendencies d2 will become unplayable at this rate. Take notes from Riot games, if you take care and build up "(1)" <------ (All it takes) game at a time and actually give more than half a crap about it. Might climb back to the top of Twitch.TV and avoid having to make 1500 more WoW expansions. The more you cater to your special ed playerbase will draw out your veteran members/players that worked to get where they are at in the games. Blizzard has fallen far from the tree and it makes me sad. Your company led the gaming food chain for so long and now you guys are literally just a peice of poo that came out of a better gaming company as far as the chain goes these days. Fix Diablo 2, its all you guys have left.

On a side note, in game issues ive been having are Blizzard logging me out of game at the most possible random times, even mid duel to inform me that they are "Checking versions". Clearly need to have my game version checked while im doing that shady dueling business you know? Also your !@#$ty recent game updates started giving me an error that black sccreens game/computer for a few mins then I am forced to alt, cntrl, delete as the error message popup that you guys created literally locks me from doing anything else. You have me copy and paste an error message and send it to you guys. After the 9,336th time of doing this I decided that its entirely pointless since you guys cant even respond to your forum posts within 40 days. To be quite honest, probably will be showing my grandkids that arent even born yet the patch notes where you fix the stupid errors that youve implemented into the game and refuse to fix. If youre gonna tweak a 20 year old game, dont make it worse than it was before. Www.Nasa.com/rocketscience/usingbraincells/youdonthavetobealazypeiceofcrapwhileyouworkforblizzard check out that website link, might help some of your coders out.
09/11/2018 10:32 AMPosted by agiantfatman
So, I've read the official post, and don't understand. You're basically temp banning people just for trying to play the game, or for playing the game in a matter that upsets the servers. Temp banning for muling, doing MF runs, etc., is absolutely ridiculous. None of my friends, or myself, are able to play the game now. Anything we try to do results in a temp ban. Are you trying that hard to make us play Diablo 3? I don't get it.

It's absolutely ridiculous. We paid for the game. We should be able to play it.
09/08/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Eloemaz
Hey all,

For most of the players in this forum thread I see there have been temporary restrictions on the connection to the servers. Some of them are due to the use of proxies, hosting services or business Internet connections which are all not allowed for connecting to the classic game servers. The rest are due to reasons posted in [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11644374332"]this forum post.
[/url]

Translation: It's your fault.

lol
Seriously. What frustrates me most is the absolute lack of communication. "You've been locked out for 24 hours", I could handle. Having me troubleshoot my whole LAN because the error message is at best ambiguous, at worse completely misleading is a real bonehead move from Bliz's way of conducting business.

This - and leaving alone idiotic bugs like the fact that DII will only launch with a terminal SUDO command - does not make me a loyal customer and I seriously doubt I would invest eitheer time or money in any new game from Bliz. Client experience has not been a priority for years.

When whomever reads this gets RIF'd, don't expect sympathy: It's ALL on you.
Hey all,

For most of the players in this forum thread I see there have been temporary restrictions on the connection to the servers. Some of them are due to the use of proxies, hosting services or business Internet connections which are all not allowed for connecting to the classic game servers. The rest are due to reasons posted in [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11644374332"]this forum post.
[/url]

What is the length of ban for the use of "proxies, hosting services or business Internet connections"? I think I mistakenly left the game running when I started my VPN.
09/18/2018 09:51 AMPosted by grush
Hey all,

[/url]

What is the length of ban for the use of "proxies, hosting services or business Internet connections"? I think I mistakenly left the game running when I started my VPN.

And whats wrong with "business internet connections" Some of us actually have business class internet from our ISP's because we run an actual web business out of our homes. How are we supposed to play then?

Come on Blizzard support. Plenty of people going through this issue and no one is helping.

Tech Support is saying that the issue was caused by the use of Comcast Business internet, but I'm at home and have confirmed with Comcast that this is not the case.

This is from a CDKEY purchased and registered on my battle.net account.
42 days later and still no help.
Blizzard?

I keep getting this same message when I try to log on to Europe! I haven't been able to connect since last night when I got a message that realms are shutting down! If i try another realm it gets stuck at checking versions... Please help!

I just remembered I used a VPN last night to connect to the internet. Does it have anything to do with my situation?
Yeah I figured it out I downloaded the game at work which caused me to get banned? How long of a ban is it and why the hell cant I play at work lol
45 days later and still no help. blizzard?