"Unable to Connect to Battle.net" (48+ hrs.)

Support
At about 9:00am PDT on Tuesday, August 14th 2018 this problem arose for the very first time for me. At the time I was transferring ("muling") items between D2 accounts.

I have played this game intermittently since its release and I have always transferred items in this manner. Previously, I had never received any kind of long-term restriction. I understand and fully support the enforcement for keeping the servers stable and responsive for everyone. I also understand that this game is almost 20 years old and there are likely not going to be any major additions or modifications. Currently the only option for transferring items is to do so manually by switching characters and accounts to join games consecutively since there is no "shared" stash.

I definitely changed accounts and characters a lot more than I usually do at once. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to organize. If this is related to that, I wish I would've known I was close to violating any hard limits so I could have just logged off until later.

A few examples of things I've attempted over the past 48 hours:
• added TCP Port 6112 and also 4000
• renewed & refreshed IP, reset computer, unplugged router & modem
• deleted all registry key entries for D2, uninstalled and reinstalled D2
• tried running game.exe as admin or not, tried to log into all 4 different realms
• reset the router to factory settings, tried static IP and port forwarding
• ran tracert myself and request then timed out consecutively after the 15th
• LGlass 2.0.0 gives asterisks “* * *” on 13 through 15 for the traceroute
• LGlass 2.0.0 MTR last line reads “13.| -- ??? 100.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0”

If you have any information, ideas or suggestions It is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Same boat, have raised a ticket and first reply was I've been temp banned (yay for useless copy/paste replies).
Over 6hours of trouble shooting so far, have re-opened the ticked, hopefully the next tech will actually take the 3mins to check the ban list before replying with an unhelpful reply.
*No time outs on my tracert, can even connect to port 6112 on the game server using telnet (cant connect to 4000 tho, suspect this might be part of the issue)
Firewalling will be on Bliz's side (based upon, game was fine up till 48hours ago, as mentioned I have already successfully telnetted to a port on the game server) and have even tried turning firewall(windows) complete off).
08/16/2018 04:11 PMPosted by CorpseEater
Same boat, have raised a ticket and first reply was I've been temp banned (yay for useless copy/paste replies).
Over 6hours of trouble shooting so far, have re-opened the ticked, hopefully the next tech will actually take the 3mins to check the ban list before replying with an unhelpful reply.
*No time outs on my tracert, can even connect to port 6112 on the game server using telnet (cant connect to 4000 tho, suspect this might be part of the issue)
Firewalling will be on Bliz's side (based upon, game was fine up till 48hours ago, as mentioned I have already successfully telnetted to a port on the game server) and have even tried turning firewall(windows) complete off).

Thank you for replying, I feel a lot less alone in this knowing that I'm not the only one that's having this exact problem. Especially knowing that at least for you (and possibly many other users) the problem started at almost the same time as me.
your ip seems to be blacklisted
I've given up, ticket has been closed with copy/paste answers completly ignoring the hours of trouble shooting ive put in, they couldnt even take the time to actually read the ticket.
Heres what I think has happened.

Even tho you might have registered your keys years ago..
You logged in diablo with your old keys *maybe some reference in registry?
Their stupid system see that you are trying to logon using an old(banned) key and now marks you as temp banned.

You came to the forums, learned of the update. Re-installed with new keys and....
Still no !@#$ing luck coz they have banned your account (if it was a temp ban we would be able to log on to the other reams) but nope I'm guessing its an ip ban and even though you are now using the correct 26digit codes your %^-*ed.

Say good by any chars (and the stuff they had on them) if they wernt permed...
Blizz !@#$ed up good and proper with this one, yet I cant even get them to acknowledge if my account is on their ban list or not..

So its basically wait two weeks to see if im unbanned (ive never botted/cheated a day in my life) and all my accounts are gone due to inactivity or find im still getting unable to connect in two weeks time and still getting no where....

This was the final nail in the coffin for me. Ive been a Blizz suppoter for decades, gues what my recomendation will be to any that ask now?
08/16/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Unguidedone
your ip seems to be blacklisted

If that's the case is it because I was using a 16 digit hard copy key at that time or is there some other reason?

I have very little information and do not completely understand. I don't know what exactly "blacklisted" entails in this scenario. Is that a temporary thing? Why am I able to connect and create/join games half of the time if it's a 'ban'?
I don't know if this will work for you, but it just worked for me and I had the same problem as you. I literally just tried connecting to battle.net numerous times. After the error popped up, just try connecting over and over. It started connecting for me after about the 5th time. I hope this helps.
same problem old 16 digit key was banned so i had reinstall diablo2 from blizzard site . with new 26 cd code finaly worked was able to log in . that later was banned for 2 weeeks
08/18/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Svett
same problem old 16 digit key was banned so i had reinstall diablo2 from blizzard site . with new 26 cd code finaly worked was able to log in . that later was banned for 2 weeeks

Most of us here have already re-installed with the new keys and are still having this issue.
The fact that you can logon intermittently suggests it isnt a temp ban but an issue with the logon server since they patched it.
08/18/2018 02:01 PMPosted by CorpseEater
08/18/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Svett

Most of us here have already re-installed with the new keys and are still having this issue.
The fact that you can logon intermittently suggests it isnt a temp ban but an issue with the logon server since they patched it.
yes indeed - so I hope they will man up and fix what they have broken.

it was working fine before - why do they keep breaking it?