API down?

API Discussion
I'm getting "Character unavailable" for every character query. Confirmed that Wowhead cannot retrieve the character info either.
I have been getting the same thing since 08/27/2018 12:40am central. Looks like something broke.
Having this as well. The api servers still seem up and happy, and are counting my attempts against my quota, but several endpoints (particularly WoW character/guild ones) are coming back 503.
Confirmed that it's not all endpoints, definitely character is one.
I'm starting to see a few come through, but it's not at all consistent, and sometimes the same request will 503 just moments later.
Well Met!

Thank you all for the reports. The above issues are currently being investigated. Currently, there is no estimate on when the issues will be resolved, but we will inform you all when we believe they are corrected.
From a couple of tests, there seems to be an issue when using "fields" parameter, more specifically items, reputation, statistics and audit (those are the ones I tested).

Hope that helps.
Hoping for a quick resolution. :)
The above issues should be resolved. Please let us know if you still encounter any problems. Thanks!
Hi @Ladd,

I am still having issues pulling my character data into with Wowhead Profiler page. I have been able to pull 11/13 of my characters into said Profiler, however I have two that are not for some reason.

I know that you would not know about Wowhead inner workings, however since I was able to pull 11 of my other characters, I am not sure it is a Wowhead issue.

Please advise.
The Auction House api is down too, i was testing it for my new app, but there is no Auctions!! D:.

[EDIT]

Nevermind the api came back after 1:30 hours.
08/27/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Ladd
The above issues should be resolved. Please let us know if you still encounter any problems. Thanks!

Hey,

I am still getting 500 Internal Errors on EU AH API. Tested for Sylvanas, Teldrassil, Frostwolf realms, same error.
These problems seem to have cropped up again today, Ladd. Maybe related to raids and m+? But lots of the same (503s/504s).
Getting 504 for all API Calls. Is there an issue(s)?
09/05/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Meirador
Getting 504 for all API Calls. Is there an issue(s)?

Same here and I just migrated my app so I thought I messed something up! lol

Huge relief to see this thread.
Greetings all,

We are indeed experiencing some issues at the moment with the WoW Community API returning an increased number of timeouts and other error codes.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer an estimate on when this will be resolved.

Thanks for your patience.
It got better a bit this morning but I'm now getting the 504s again
Issues are very intermittent. I'm able to hit the API occasionally and get results, but 90% of the time it's a failure.

Raidbots + Wowhead + My apps are also not able to hit the Armory API.
09/05/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Maguthul
Greetings all,

We are indeed experiencing some issues at the moment with the WoW Community API returning an increased number of timeouts and other error codes.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer an estimate on when this will be resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

ALL API calls continue to return 503 & 504. Interesting that the Armory seems to work fine for me. Other strange errors cropping up as well. Logged into the game client and there was not an NPC in the whole of the game. Chat messages failing to show up. All of this started happening to me at the same time so it's difficult to imagine these are unrelated symptoms.

Periodic updates from API dev's would be greatly appreciated. Even if only to say "We don't know but are working on it" a couple times a day. Thanks.

Okay, after about the 20th time I called the API it did actually load all data for me. I had said "ALL API calls" at the top of this post. Just wanted to be accurate in case it's in any way helpful. :)
We've released some changes that should help improve performance and thus reduce the number of errors being returned from the WoW Community API.

We are however continuing to monitor the service for stability.