[War3] 1.30.2.10378 PTR (Updated 9/28)

General Discussion
1 2 3 23 Next
Greetings Raiders, Tinkerers, Harbingers, and Wardens,

Over the past 15 years, the community created hostbots, mastered the arcane art of port forwarding, and passed down knowledge of the most popular maps. Self-solves, workarounds, and the resolute desire to keep friends playing; hallmarks of why we love this game and those of you actively contributing to its legacy.

We’ve been working on direct fixes to those server-based problems as we addressed issues that couldn’t be self-solved beyond the codebase like widescreen support, hardware cursor, anticheat, and balance.

We’re excited to bring these next evolutions in the restoration of online play over Battle.net.

Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
  • All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
  • Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map
  • Encrypted network traffic

Bug Fixes
  • Desyncs with certain custom maps resolved
  • Custom sound files with meta data play again
  • External links from Battle.net load
  • Breath of Fire translated in Italian

Known Issues
  • Cloud downloads for mac causes the game to freeze if connecting to a windows host.
  • Arranged teams dont work (fix in progress)

Note: If you click through the updater UI too fast it might show a conflicting actions error. Please wait a little longer on the EULA screen to avoid the issue.

PTR Installer Download: https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic

Update
Hotfix Build 10378 has been deployed to fix the crash on the game list.

Update 2
Missing changes:
  • Updated custom game listing to have all games (for filtering) but list still shows the first 100 games
  • Added region filter to custom game filter
  • Added auto refresh of game information if less than 100 games on list
  • Custom games that are full (or unjoinable) get auto grayed out on games list (refresh to remove)
''Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map''
whats about arranged team ?
These changes sound great!
Breath of Fire translated in Italian mamma mia
Thanks for your work Classic Game Team!

-Dark
Fantastic news, great job guys! :)
This is insane, thank you so much classic team. Please keep being awesome!!!!!

Any chance mortals like us can mirror the "cloud" map repository?
Does it mean anyone can invite when playing arranged team ? Would be amazing news!
thanks!!! <3
Please Clarify: Everyone can play Arranged Team with this fix?
Thanks for your efforts

Edit: i thanked for desync problem wtf thoese thumbs down
inventory hotkeys still can't be rebinded.

some people don't use a numpad or have a ten-key-less keyboard.
Someone test AT invite and report back lol
can't wait for the balance changes
JESUS nice thanks guys, I personally can host but there's many people that are limited due to how their network is set. this is so great.
And we're one step closer to global ladder matching - a good sign!
After long last, GJ!
Highly Rated
All these ladder players rejoicing but let me be the voice of the custom map community.

You're about to kill warcraft 3 for everyone who plays this game for custom maps.

What these changes will do:
-Make it difficult to fill games up by removing the easy to see game browser on websites such as ENT and Make Me Host.

-Remove bots and all the great functionality they bring, renaming games names, kick, mute, bans, ping checks, stat checks, auto-refresh, all that good stuff that we use on the regular.

-Remove the ability to play older versions of a custom map.

Games will now be harder to find, harder to host, harder to manage, and harder to play. This WILL destroy the custom game community, I promise you.

You have taken a system from Starcraft 2, a game which the custom map community is pretty much dead, and has been since shortly after the game's release. The custom maps for sc2 is a sad sight, most are dead and abandoned, and only about 10 maps get played regularly (most of them just updated copies from war3).

I have been playing Warcraft 3 for many years, its on my top 10 favorite games and probably my top 5 most played games ever. and 95% of my time has been in custom multiplayer games. I appreciate the fact that this team has been working to try and improve on this old game, something that few companies bother to do, go back and update their old games. But what you are doing now is essentially killing a huge portion of your game.

I know I speak for the rest of my fellow custom map players when I say that these changes need to be deleted.
Highly Rated
09/27/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Nobelissimos
All these ladder players rejoicing but let me be the voice of the custom map community.

You're about to kill warcraft 3 for everyone who plays this game for custom maps.

What these changes will do:
-Make it difficult to fill games up by removing the easy to see game browser on websites such as ENT and Make Me Host.

-Remove bots and all the great functionality they bring, renaming games names, kick, mute, bans, ping checks, stat checks, auto-refresh, all that good stuff that we use on the regular.

-Remove the ability to play older versions of a custom map.

Games will now be harder to find, harder to host, harder to manage, and harder to play. This WILL destroy the custom game community, I promise you.

You have taken a system from Starcraft 2, a game which the custom map community is pretty much dead, and has been since shortly after the game's release. The custom maps for sc2 is a sad sight, most are dead and abandoned, and only about 10 maps get played regularly (most of them just updated copies from war3).

I have been playing Warcraft 3 for many years, its on my top 10 favorite games and probably my top 5 most played games ever. and 95% of my time has been in custom multiplayer games. I appreciate the fact that this team has been working to try and improve on this old game, something that few companies bother to do, go back and update their old games. But what you are doing now is essentially killing a huge portion of your game.

I know I speak for the rest of my fellow custom map players when I say that these changes need to be deleted.

Couldn't agree more.