[War3] 1.30.2.10378 PTR (Updated 9/28)

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next
09/30/2018 02:01 AMPosted by HighTac
Please refrain from breaking host bots. It's literally what kept the game alive for so many years. I can only talk for the FML community, but similar things apply to ENT, wc3melee (which also hosts our FFA ladder) and all the others.

• The Bnet FFA ladder is not really an option for us, as it is separated by realms, only allows 4-ways and you never know how many players queued up already. Furthermore, the maintenance (having 3 month seasons, banning pre-teamers, banning hackers, having a custom game list and regularly exchanging maps) is nothing that currently functions on the Bnet ladder. Your plans would ruin the Wc3 experience for most of the currently active FFA ladder players and we'd run at risk of losing them entirely.
  • All our FFA leagues and inhouse matches rely on host bots currently. Thanks to niels, we have a very carefully developed bot environment (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Moscow, Miami, Dallas, etc) that allows us to get an adequate ping for almost any match. Our community has active players from all continents. Furthermore, we have an automatic replay archive and can easily load or replace maps via Dropbox.

Of course it is cool to see that new and very casual players will not have to deal with port forwarding anymore and the custom game list being not as messy, but by no means is this worth to basically ruin entire communities and their infrastructures.

On behalf of the entire FML community, I kindly ask you to reconsider your plans. Don't do this to us! If you do, you either don't care or don't understand and I'm not sure what's worse

I am just re-quoting this so it can be read more easily as a very valuable source of info.
Blizzard needs to find a solution that will not ruin positive parts of the community.
There are so many reasons why bots should be removed. Lol. Everyone crying for them to stay are probably people who like to abuse the power of bots such as kicking innocent players mid game for doing something unfavorable to the host. (Such as winning against the host, etc.)
10/03/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Garrett
There are so many reasons why bots should be removed. Lol. Everyone crying for them to stay are probably people who like to abuse the power of bots such as kicking innocent players mid game for doing something unfavorable to the host. (Such as winning against the host, etc.)

From my perspective it seems more likely that the people bashing host bots are just a bunch of salty griefers/leavers who got banned from the hostbots for their toxic behaviour.
10/04/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Hangman

From my perspective it seems more likely that the people bashing host bots are just a bunch of salty griefers/leavers who got banned from the hostbots for their toxic behaviour.

Exactly.

Most people who are against hosting bots are:
1) Maphackers and ruiners ; they got banned from the bots so all they want is an environment where they can do their bulls.hit without repercussions
AND
2) Mapmakers ; they pretend the maps they create cannot be seen by others because the hosting bots keep hosting the same maps all the time
10/03/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Spoody
Could you please make some changes to the hotkeys? I have a numpadless keyboard and I can't use the item hotkeys. There is no way to rebind item hotkeys either. Effectively I have to manually click on items to use them which is really hindering my play.

Anyways, big thanks for still patching this great game 15 years later!

Actually it's not true. Working hotkeys exists - PM me.

About the bots issue. Personally, I don't care if I would play on host bots or directly on blizzard. I have switched bots servers couple of times past last 12-14 years. If one but started to be death, and I needed to wait an hour or so for Dota, later on for Dota LoD I start looking for something new.

If blizzard can somehow implement most desired functionalities from bots like:
- cross server communication
- extend in game commands (kick, ban, draw, forfeit etc.)
- keep low latency
- hire administrators for reviewing ban requests and complains
- add possibility to dynamically host custom maps
- reconnecting

and many others, I will not see any point to not support blizzard. If bot servers can baypass everything I mentioned, they can do the same, even better. Just matter of cooperation with host bot creators, reverse engineering and some involvement from blizzard team.

Until then, please stay down, a let us do what we like to do with YOUR game. Let us play in peace...

Regards,
lisek_
cross server communication, check(already in). in game commands can be added to the map and i have done so myself. latency depends on the connection only. reconnecting have never been in a blizzard game.
I think the people who want to keep bots are the ones who want to be gods of their game and have complete control over how the game is played out. A lot of games I play, I can't even play without the host or the friends of the host manipulating how I play and if I don't commit to their demands, I'd get kicked or banned. I am no troll/TKer or anything either.
ouch, that seems kind of mean. i personally never use bots as i prefer to be present when my maps is run in order to respond to feedback.
I bought this game after 15 years it was released and for the main purpose of all the costum maps I used to play with folks in net cafes locally..

As noone can play with me those I bought the game to join the few people that were left in the game I've noticed that bots pretty much run the whole game and really the melee ladder didn't really touch me but stuff like vamparism fire, legion td, other maps really got me back to that nostalgic feeling...

Seeing this change happening only a few months after I bought the game is just making me regret buying the game... I believe this would be 20 times worse for people who spent years in this game..

There is still time to save it. Reverse the change about bots...
Bots are not allowed on Battle.net. Adapt to Battle.net rules or move on to something else, there is no other option.
10/04/2018 05:28 PMPosted by BearTribe
Bots are not allowed on Battle.net. Adapt to Battle.net rules or move on to something else, there is no other option.

You don't understand the bare meaning of rules do you?
Rules are set in the beginning of the game to drive people's attitube to a certain place like banning bots that happened prob 15 years ago. when a game becomes that old and almost abandonded by the company, the community makes the rules. Because the community has already evolved into whatever it was to evolve and pretty much knows better on why they play that game and how they want their rules to be. When suddentely after all years of not actually caring and just coming and killing something that the community has created you just are saying a big !@#$ you at your playerbase and thats all.
Bots existed cause they were needed they are there to cover the abandonce of the company and keep the game as up to date as possible.
10/04/2018 09:45 PMPosted by JDrakoulas
10/04/2018 05:28 PMPosted by BearTribe

You don't understand the bare meaning of rules do you?
Rules are set in the beginning of the game to drive people's attitube to a certain place like banning bots that happened prob 15 years ago. when a game becomes that old and almost abandonded by the company, the community makes the rules. Because the community has already evolved into whatever it was to evolve and pretty much knows better on why they play that game and how they want their rules to be. When suddentely after all years of not actually caring and just coming and killing something that the community has created you just are saying a big !@#$ you at your playerbase and thats all.
Bots existed cause they were needed they are there to cover the abandonce of the company and keep the game as up to date as possible.
No bots allowed. The end.
10/04/2018 10:40 PMPosted by BearTribe

Wow. What a great argument. We should not change to adapt and do what's best for the majority. We should go back and make things worse because "the rules say so". Rules that were written by Blizzard years ago without anticipating the positive impact of hostbots!

BTW that was sarcasm. I know it's probably hard for you to tell.
10/05/2018 01:33 AMPosted by x0000ff
10/04/2018 10:40 PMPosted by BearTribe

Wow. What a great argument. We should not change to adapt and do what's best for the majority. We should go back and make things worse because "the rules say so". Rules that were written by Blizzard years ago without anticipating the positive impact of hostbots!

The rules in place about bots were written 3 months ago.

Blizzard does nothing for those who violate the EULA. They provide the service only for legit customers of their games who don’t use exploits nor scripts.

There is no arguement, and no one has a say. Blizzard owns Battle.net and they say no bots allowed, end of story.
10/05/2018 03:08 AMPosted by BearTribe
10/05/2018 01:33 AMPosted by x0000ff

The rules in place about bots were written 3 months ago.

Blizzard does nothing for those who violate the EULA. They provide the service only for legit customers of their games who don’t use exploits nor scripts.

There is no arguement, and no one has a say. Blizzard owns Battle.net and they say no bots allowed, end of story.
That explains why many loyal customers have left in droves these past couple of months.

...Perhaps we know something that Blizzard doesn't, eh?
10/04/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Hangman

nope, there are mad people who abuse the power and ban / kick people from the game just because the host cant handle it.
It is ridiculous that the bot admins can ban someone because you wont be able to play any custom games like that, this is what people are protecting.
i never used bots so it changes nothing for me. what does change something for me however is the removal of the port forwarding requirement. map transfer speed however seems a little low.
You're making a dangerous and bold move with this update. I strongly think you should take a step back and reconsider the affects it will have on the game and communities of players (your customers). I'll post more detail why later.