Disgruntled Player

General Discussion
Dear Blizzard Employee,

Congratulations are in order. Your team has successfully demonstrated your lack of engagement with the community within Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. Your team has ignored the majority of the player base with the destruction of hostbots. For your information, hostbots do no diminish from the gaming experience of the players. They only enhance them. Your lack of engagement with the game as a whole, over the last two years has been a huge disappointment. Instead of leaving the game alone like you have done for the last 12 years, you decide to completely ruin it. Blizzard should never have attempted any type of fix that would remove hostbots.

The reason hosts bots were created to begin with was because of Blizzards failure to follow through with anything on the game. Your team refused to address the connectivity problems with hosting games where the host would leave and the players would all disconnect. You ONLY RECENTLY FIXED THIS 15 year old issue. On top of that, your team still has not completed a completely functional ban list for players that are hacking inside custom games. The communities created ways to get rid of these people because Blizzard refused to do anything about it. Thanks to host bots, auto trade hack was detected for players trading gold/wood with trade disabled. Thank you for still NOT addressing these issues.

Unlike your team, the people who are vocal are of two categories: Those who play the games to have fun fairly and those who never played the game or got banned permanently from the communities for their behavior (hacking, toxic flaming, forever team killing, etc). Blizzard has finally given into the trolls/hackers of the community.
Blizzard has done what the most hateful thing every player has to deal with, an admin rage banning an entire community for being outspoken against an entity of higher power.

Thank you for your time reading this. As like anything with Blizzard, I do not see a response coming from anyone on the Blizzard team. So far, everything the players have said have been ignored. Prove me once, just once that I am wrong. That Blizzard does care. Actually respond to me with something other than a generic sheep response. Say something that truly matters.

Sincerely,

Matdas

PS: What is really sad, is that we players who are disgruntled about your decision can no longer receive a refund off of your actions.
I like you Matdas, you are the perfect example of an angry ENT troll still thinking he is a part of the majority of the WC3 community and still doesn't understand that he's the minority crying every day about the same.
Yes indeed. We know where all the down votes comes. Ent fanboys...
You say you’ve been playing for 15 years and have been breaking the ToS for 10 years and you think what’s really sad is you can’t get a refund?

And don’t get me started on this whack sentence:

10/27/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Matdas
For your information, hostbots do no diminish from the gaming experience of the players.
Hey, there good things about it! We can hack as we want. :D
Nice story MatDas^
the same could be said with how ENT handles its Banned Users.
They pretty much delete whatever content they want and abuse Power for players they dislike. Karma is a !@#$%, the ENT moderators deserved a taste of their own medicine. Did you actually think Blizzard would allow such A dictatorship Community to exist forever. Im suprised ENT lasted this long. ENT staff consist of group of children power abusers.

Its like fish in an Ocean.
Blizzard Shark- ENT Big Fish - Everyone Else Small Fish.

Stop crying and accept it. stop biting the hand that feeds you,
and IF anything you should apologize for all the !@#$ abuse moderators like you have gotten away with over the years.
The communities created ways to get rid of these people because Blizzard refused to do anything about it. Thanks to host bots, auto trade hack was detected for players trading gold/wood with trade disabled. Thank you for still NOT addressing these issues.
Such hacks still work in 1.30.2? Even if they do, all it would take is Blizzard to activate integrity checking and those people will get banned at the next ban wave for ToU violations.
Blizzard has finally given into the trolls/hackers of the community.
Or maybe they are trying to upgrade Warcraft III into not a total mess of requiring third party websites to find games because third party robots spam the game list with useless lobbies?
So far, everything the players have said have been ignored.
The new natives were from the players. Wide screen support was at request of the players. Having a useful lobby list without empty games sitting there was at request of the players.
PS: What is really sad, is that we players who are disgruntled about your decision can no longer receive a refund off of your actions.
They lost all right to a refund after playing the game the first 100 hours, let alone the 1,000s of hours they actually spent playing it. It would be like asking for a refund for a pair of trousers after wearing them non-stop for over 10 years.
10/28/2018 06:46 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
They lost all right to a refund after playing the game the first 100 hours, let alone the 1,000s of hours they actually spent playing it. It would be like asking for a refund for a pair of trousers after wearing them non-stop for over 10 years.

I'm going to respond to everything that came before this with: It's 2018. You think people started asking for all this NOW? also, people have been asking Blizzard not to remove the hostbots, and to stop breaking custom games...

And as for this part, you have the right to ask for a refund if after 1,000 hours the company that hold you these pants started making unwanted alterations to them.

Pants aren't a service...

But we probably agreed somewhere between installing WC3 and creating a battle.net account that Blizzard may make some alterations, so... It may be legal but it certainly isn't right to devalue the product. And FYI when I'm talking about value I mean subjective value. Maybe the can't please everyone, but atm they're hurting most players.

Ofc "hurting most players" is just my opinion. If this turns out anything like what I expect and what I remember from the times before bots, this definitely won't be an improvement for me.
I dont get all the antihostbot people, if not all of them are troll/banned from ENT.

One big fail from you guys is pointing out ENT as the "middle-fish", "the dictator-driven selftitled community" etc etc. It itself is not relevant for the be or not be, concerning hostbots. Your vendetta against ENT specifically is per definition an nonvalid argument.

ENT is one of what, ten (bigger) actors in the custom-community that have bots up and running. Myself not included. Me and my friend even created our bot since ENT didnt want/have time to create a hostbot for the gamemode we and many others wanted to play. This is now up and running. Eventhough its not a very popular gamemode it hosts about 50 games a day. And this is still "a baby bot".

When the hostbots are gone, the base of people playing via bnet will grow very very small and furthermore will be the opposite to an developing update. This because the big majority that plays custom plays some specific games consistently.

The arguments about not finding "the individual games" is also just not correct. I see games that are not hosted by bots everywhere all the time in the list. I however also think the function of the gamelist leaves much to wish for. But this should be developed without removing the hostbot-function. Unless the developers cant compete with the system in place, they shouldn't do it at all.

This (the bots) is the only thing making (the vast majority of) people even play customs. Its mainly older people who played when wc3 was still new.

I play customs most days in the week again nowadays, and I ONLY see people frustrated over this changes, and NO ONE that thinks its a good way to go.

I really love that they want to keep develop wc3. Its needed. But then DEVELOP it, don't pull the chair for the majority of the customgame-players.
bbcode didnt work sorry my replay is moot now.
Makes you wonder if the w3connect program has a bitcoin miner in it.