Warcraft 3 Reforged Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
-Make you can select more than 12 units at once
So I just saw Grubby play the Culling, it looks amazing!
I'm not sure if I want to start playing WC3 again, but I do occasionally start the game to play the campaign.
I like the idea of remaking the Cutscene and Missions overall, but from what i saw it looks like you changed so parts without realizing its meaning.
The Scene where Arthas decides to cleanse Stratholme is a very important moment and it hurts to see that you changed it. In the original Arthas stands on a hill, a higher position then Uther and Jaina, which is an important detail to the story being told, as it distances him from his master and his friend.
After that scene Mal'Ganis appears. I like that you separated both scenes more. Again comparing original and reforged, in the new Version Mal'Ganis flies in, instead of teleporting, or being summound, or whatever the original meant. I think his first appearance could be a bit more dramatic.
I agree with the consensus that the graphics/models need to be adjusted just a little further to fit the classic WC3 aesthetic (eg improvements to footman and some buildings).

I dont know if its possible to implemented, but id love to maybe see model ragdoll on death. Maybe also some model based texture effects for buffs and debuffs? I dunno, may fit or might not.

I noticed the Blademasters Bladestorm FX was missing in the trailer, I hope that gets added in when the models are finished.
Hello, first of all thank you Blizzard for the great work.

Here are some comments.

- Im hoping that the game remains in it’s core as the old wc3. E.g. micro of the units should stay the same, e.g. blocking with one unit and so on.

- As this is a “reforged” and not a “remastered” in HD, i hope that the current graphics are improved further. I think that an up to date graphic (on 2019 level) will also attract new wc3 players so that the community grows again.

- I also think that the colour saturation is not 100% perfect at the moment, but I believe this will be solved in a later stage.

- Furtheremore, I think houses and some parts of the environment are still looking not on a graphics level for 2018/2019, hoping for some more details / reworked models or different textures while staying with the concepts of the old wc3.
11/03/2018 01:21 PMPosted by TheCherryPie
Hey! Thank you for tossing us this bone of remastered wc3. Personally big fan of the series and when i saw gameplay i was can give feedback.
It's looks amazing the problem i have that it is so bright!(if it was just on a high magma/brightness setting please tell) The original game felt so rough and because of that when you lost a lot of unit's it was kinda sad. So i would love it if it's little bit darker(also it kinda kills my eyes and looks more like an fast paced fantasy wizard game)Also maybe add a little bit of dirt or something to make them look more tougher because in the old wc3 it kinda felt like everything was going down hill (which it was) so would like that to be fixed :)
Another problem i have is that unit's are a little bit to big they look almost like giant's yes in og wc3 they were also looking like mini 3 meter giant's but in this reforged version that is more see-able(first i noticed it with rifleman but maybe it is just me)(sorry English is not my 1st language )while in pixel counting wc3 it took more time to see which you didn't really notice because you were thinking on playing the game and not looking at models.
So these are my little problems with the reforged version though anyways thank you for reading it and sorry for bad grammar!

Ok i saw that this post was pretty retarded because i was wrong
No they do not look like giants and the scale was good Sorry for that mistake
"kicked"
This isn't really feedback... more just fanboying, but I can't wait to play this.

Warcraft II, Dark Colony and Starcraft got me in to RTS when I was a kid, but Warcraft III came out at just the right time and was my go to game for years.

One thing I would hope, just on a personal note, is that the game is decently optimised in low settings for use on older machines.

Blizzard is usually pretty good with this so fingers crossed. I had my computer stolen recently so currently using a potato of a laptop until I can afford a new one.
11/03/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Robicar
I would love to see additional campaigns added, either through DLC or expansion. I used to replay the Blood Elf campaign and the final mission of the Night Elf Campaign over and over again so I could play as the Naga.

Nothing would make me more excited to play this game than to see expanded races like the Naga or Draenei, who already have a lot of assets in the base game.

Maybe the modding community can chip in (officially too!)
I'd rather pay for warcraft 3 reforged and be done with it. No extra payments for DLC's or anything unless its a full on separate expansion like Frozen Throne was
11/04/2018 12:29 AMPosted by BrenMcBash
Very excited to hear the announcement! I absolutely loved the campaign and customs maps from WC3. I still play the customs even though I never really got into competitive play.

-Increased Campaign Difficulty
-Additional Campaign Content. A post FT campaign would be well worth paid DLC
-The Story was huge point of enjoyment. Personally I would really appreciate increased animation in the cinematics.
-I understand competitors don't want additional units but it would be interesting to see additional units in the campaign - similar to what you see in SC2.

The scary thing about that is that I hope the story will be written by those who wrote w3's or different people from the WoW lore team.
Blizzard remeber to upgrade the physics
better gore,animation ambient lightning
Almost as same as Diablo 3 or Hots.

Something acceptable in 2005
doesnt mean it is acceptible in 2018

To attract new players
most of us who play wc3
are now adults.
My wonderment would be about the cinematics' quality, and would ask what are the plans for these? I am talking about camera handling, authentic face expressions, better body animations. I saw the current state of these and I was missing the "real cinematic" flavor from these... it looks really good with the upgraded graphics, but in my honest opinion the team should consider puting some effort to camera handling too; make some mid-super closeups, you know, action cameras to make it exciting. But of course these would work good with the implemented face expressions.

I do understand that polishing these points - that I have stated above here - in general gamemaking procedure takes place in a much later state, and the team is working on more fundamental phases yet; faction models, standard animations. I am just curious if the cinematics are gonna be more cinematic?
Hi guys, my 2 cents down below.

First of all, I'm really impressed what an amazing job the visuals team has done. I like the overhaul, and the thing that you've decided to keep the existing engine (that is better then SC2 as Grubby mentioned - absolutely agree as an old-school person). It really impresses me that you put a lot of efforts in WC3 and do a lot for the community. BIG thanks for this! WC3 has always been something special for me :)

Now to the feedback.

UI:
1. Minimap could be bigger. Improved minimaps (better visibility/differentiation) are hightly appreciated.
2. Skills and moves panel should be logically sorted or/and split into the groups. Maybe the overall design could be reworked.
3. Some visual support of hotkeys on the panels.
4. Better cooldowns visibility.
5. 2D portraits support (yes, current 3D-ones need some more love).
6. Unit selection cap should be maintained.
7. Native FPS/Ping/APM counters.

Network:
1. Lowering ping and latency should be number one priority.
2. Protection from hackers number two (drophack).

Control:
1. Cutomizable hostkeys and inventory.
2. Native QWER/Default switching.
3. Reduced mouse delay everywhere.

Graphics:
1. Uther model requires smaller shoes and bigger shoulders.
2. Color saturation needs more research.
3. Less "cartoonish" things while keeping in mind WC3 nature and atmosphere.

Battle.net:
1. In-game stats with details
2. Tournaments with prizes
3. Web profiles and stats, match history, custom widgets support
4. New Icons and other prizes for progression
5. I'm OK with micro-transactions.
6. Que times.

That is it. The rest really looks cool, though. Already purchased the game and look forward to Alpha/Beta! :)

Cheers
I was waiting for this for a long time...but...Why...Why?...Why do the buildings in the mission "Culling of Stratholme" look SOOOOOO Cartoonish?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Warcraft+reforged&rlz=1C1CHBD_enMD820MD820&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNmOyQg7veAhVRKVAKHeIMAfoQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=969#imgrc=Gs-whsGKGmRwpM:

Just look at this picture!
The old buildings just needed better quality and not "make then look like buildings in Lazytown"....who likes this style???
I've been thinking a lot about the unit selection cap.

I am a long-time warcraft 3 player. I have played it since it came out, and still to this day I play as a modder. I also play melee and watch Warcraft 3 streams a lot.

With that out of the way, I actually think it's a good idea to allow for infinite unit selection, even in melee.

- It doesn't really reduce the amount of skill required. Warcraft 3 is mostly a game about individual unit control, where the unit selection limit really doesn't come into play. In fact, as someone else noted in this thread, it's not even correct a lot of the time.

- Warcraft 3 is not like Starcraft: Brood War, where there is a huge esports scene built partially on how difficult the game is to play.

- As others have said, it's very useful to custom games and modders.

- It makes the game more accessible to new players, who tend to play a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 game modes. And that's really the most important thing about Warcraft 3 Reforged: a revitalization of the game community.
1_i didn't like the carrion swarm casting animation

2_can we get the option to choose between the old UI(with the new icons) or the new UI
11/02/2018 01:41 PMPosted by DaemonBlood
First off, thank you so much for this remaster. Apparently I've heard cross-client play was already confirmed, and thank you for not splitting our community. I've heard that the map editor is getting more love. You guys have been so great to us as a community.

UI:
Judging from Grubby's screen the UI is small, especially in the area of the minimap. I don't like the attack, move, skills thing being in the center not the right side. Please keep the unit cap at 12.

Asks: Please give us Clans, Access to old voice lines and/or models, If you keep the display ui, please give us access to the old ui as well.

Thank you again, this is a wonderful gift from you guys to us who love this game.

Great post, make a thread here:
Warcraft III Reforged Forums
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/
  • A little thing about 12 unit selection. Sometimes people don't wanna have the health bars appear on top of characters and they just wanna heal their units using the icons from the selection area. With this tiny UI, raising the selection limit wouldn't look ok as the mouse pointer is not that big and a misclick might happen and making more groups of 12 like the groups from SC2 would mean to cycle through them continuously while looking at everyone's health, which is too tiresome and grunty. Don't raise the unit selection limit. 12 is fine.
    11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Nectazumor
    And for those who already possesses warcraft III reign of chaos and Frozen throne will be able to upgrade it in warcraft 3 reforged or will it be necessary to repay the game ? I mean... paying $30 just to replay the game in HD texture (and not really that looking good imo) would be really disgusting to do that. Or else a price reduction for those who already got the original, i don't know, but not gonna paid $30 just for "HD texture".

I totally agree and feel the same. The graphic looks terrible for an updated game from 2018 and when they said they're using the same old engine I felt very bad about. It's 2018, I do want improved pathfinding and lagg-free gaming. 30€ for just some new graphics... I dont know. The most thing I care about is to get rid off that annoying bnet delay finally. If that won't happen with the remaster, it is not worth buying it IMO.
    Thanks for the reforged Version ^^ It was the best announcement at blizzcon.

After playing it I realized it looks good but much to outdated for 2018. Yes the units looking really good. but the map /landscape /buildings etc can get a lot more overhaul.
    Both of them don`t suit each other very well at this time.
    11/04/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Kailyou
    11/02/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Nectazumor
    And for those who already possesses warcraft III reign of chaos and Frozen throne will be able to upgrade it in warcraft 3 reforged or will it be necessary to repay the game ? I mean... paying $30 just to replay the game in HD texture (and not really that looking good imo) would be really disgusting to do that. Or else a price reduction for those who already got the original, i don't know, but not gonna paid $30 just for "HD texture".

I totally agree and feel the same. The graphic looks terrible for an updated game from 2018 and when they said they're using the same old engine I felt very bad about. It's 2018, I do want improved pathfinding and lagg-free gaming. 30€ for just some new graphics... I dont know. The most thing I care about is to get rid off that annoying bnet delay finally. If that won't happen with the remaster, it is not worth buying it IMO.

Price reduction to those who poses any copy of the original w3 would be reasonable, that's for sure. But it is possible they will feature much more than just graphical overhaul, we will have to wait for that; like extra ACTs, more episodes, W1/W2 missions re-worked etc.. The possibility here is beyond boundless.

And about the graphics: They used the same design the Heroes of the Storm has, so most possibly the game will look identical to Hots when it will be released.