[War3] 1.30.2 PTR Updated

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Greetings Raiders, Tinkerers, Harbingers, and Wardens,

The last test realm catalyzed a lot of good discussion. We appreciate the critique and continue to be sensitive to the many ways we all enjoy Warcraft III. Overall, communication has been civil and oriented toward actionable feedback. Thank you.

This new iteration to the PTR addresses a number of issues we can all agree upon. Included in the patch notes are other features we will integrate within 1.30.2 before its release. PTR is for testing ideas - be it balance or features - and we will continue to use it as such.

Specific Changes & Improvements
  • Added a filter for lobby name
  • Added a filter for map name (prefix with @)

Previously Added
  • Maps will now be uploaded and downloaded from the cloud
  • All custom games from all gateways are now visible in the lobby browser
  • Port forwarding is no longer required to host your favorite map
  • Encrypted network traffic
  • Updated custom game listing to have all games (for filtering) but list still shows the first 100 games
  • Added region filter to custom game filter
  • Added auto refresh of game information if less than 100 games on list
  • Custom games that are full (or unjoinable) get auto grayed out on games list (refresh to remove)

Bug Fixes
  • Mac clients can now join games hosted by Windows clients
  • Arranged teams invitations working
  • Client identifies Reign of Chaos for stats properly
  • Fixed icons in chat
  • Improved message when creating accounts that already exist
  • Improved message for login errors
  • Fixed crash when canceling map download
  • Fixed crash when joining full game

Known Issues
  • Client slows down if left open for multiple hours
  • Custom games can end when host leaves

In Progress Features
  • Kick and ban functions for game lobbies
  • Display player latency in the game lobbies
  • Evaluating how to gracefully handle count down experience when players leave
  • Evaluating experience when players drop due to network issues

Edit:
If you get a grayed out Battle.net button in your client it could mean your client is not showing the upgrade dialog properly. Please run Warcraft III Public Test Launcher.exe to patch your client and we are looking into a fix.
so when are bots gonna be ok :)
thank you for still supporting the game! :)
regarding countdown experience, a possible solution would be to lock teams, color, and handicap settings as soon as countdown begins, ability to leave locks after the timer hits 3 or 2, and if a player leaves during that grace period the game goes back to a open lobby
Go look at the previous post that they LOCKED and the hundreds of people who are against bots being removed, ignore the petty downvotes from a few dozen trolls here.

The thing about blizzard working to add features that bots already have, is that they likely wont be able to match the capabilities we already have now.

If they cant give a system that is superior to what we already have, then there is no reason to waste such time and effort, just for them to give us an inferior system.

But if they want to add to the game, thats fine, so long as it DOES NOT disable or tamper with the hosting bots we currently have. It also looks like that the idea of having maps uploaded "to the cloud" is removed, which was one of the other major problems I had with the previous patch plans.

I cannot stress it enough, that it will be devastating to the playerbase if hosting bots are removed or broken. I really hope that this is no longer planned.

EDIT: Blizzard has updated their post, showing that all the changes that they planned to bring that we DID NOT WANT, are still being added. This confirms that Blizzard has NOT listened to any of our feedback, they believe that adding a kick and ban function is somehow good enough. A kick and ban feature is barely 10% of the features that bots allow us to have.

Instead of working to give us a improved system that will keep the community intact, they instead throw years of hard work and effort into the trash and replace it with a minimal effort replacement, and tell us to deal with it.

I won't be purchasing another Blizzard or activation game again after this.

UPDATE: They banned all of the CDkeys that ENT bots use. Im pretty fed up with Blizzard at this point, this behavior is absolutely disgusting.
Again, all the doomsayers that followed what bot hosting websites said are proving to once again just following mindlessly what they said, they have been in control for way too long, the dev team won't just remove features and won't give us something better in return.

I expect everything that has had to be removed for compatibility issues, or for improvement to be added again or even improved as to what we had before.

So calm down, great work dev team.
clientsdk.dll was not made for Windows. now the game is mac only.
Arranged team invitations will occur without port forwarding?
10/08/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Lycan
Again, all the doomsayers that followed what bot hosting websites said are proving to once again just following mindlessly what they said, they have been in control for way too long, the dev team won't just remove features and won't give us something better in return.

I expect everything that has had to be removed for compatibility issues, or for improvement to be added again or even improved as to what we had before.

All your posts have been nothing but hostility and trolling. You're apart of a VERY vocal MINORITY of players who are here to troll and see the game crash and burn. You're selfish.

We simply want the system we have in place, to remain, because it has become necessary for this community to function. This game is old and so are its players, you cant pull the rug from under us and tell us that we dont like "progress". Especially not when that "progress" is 5 steps back, 1 step forward.

And even if blizzard managed to get their system to be just as good if not better than bots, theres still things to consider like stats on bots that competitive players use, and they will have to find another way to keep track of their stats as well as stop cheaters.
10/08/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Nobelissimos
The thing about blizzard working to add features that bots already have, is that they likely wont be able to match the capabilities we already have now.

If they cant give a system that is superior to what we already have, then there is no reason to waste such time and effort, just for them to give us an inferior system.

But if they want to add to the game, thats fine, so long as it DOES NOT disable or tamper with the hosting bots we currently have. It also looks like that the idea of having maps uploaded "to the cloud" is removed, which was one of the other major problems I had with the previous patch plans.

I cannot stress it enough, that it will be devastating to the playerbase if hosting bots are removed or broken. I really hope that this is no longer planned.

It's been more than 10 years since Ghost++ bots came out, and Blizzard has made zero attempts to try and add any "improvements" that could replace them. Now they have been hell-bent on getting rid of bots while not providing any reasonable replacement for their use, and even the "in progress" features are completely unnecessary because we can already do this via bots, and those "in progress" features WON'T be included the next patch. We'll be lucky to see any such features at all, but if they are included, Blizzard will take its time implementing them. Let me be clear on this for everyone reading; Blizzard doesn't give a damn about bots and their extreme usefulness to the community. They've wanted to get rid of bots for a long time, and they've wanted to get rid of bot hosting services for a long time. If they had their way, there would be no bots, no third party programs, certainly no WoW private servers ANYWHERE, and no private Warcraft 3 servers either. They've become a largely tyrannical and abusive gaming company ever since they were bought out by Activision, and what a surprise, their products have turned to complete crap after the buyout.

They want to upgrade Warcraft 3 and make more money off of it, and they also want to completely shatter the bot hosting services such as EntGaming and MakeMeHost, so that they alone can exercise full power and control over their online game. They've abandoned this community many times in the past, and when they believed Starcraft II and WoW were the future (thinking both games would only have ever more great successes rather than failures) they left Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 to rot in obscurity, while "Warcraft 4" was left in limbo wasting away.

Starcraft II has since been a colossal failure, so much so that they're giving out FREE copies of the game at this point, just to garner more interest in their dead game, Diablo 3 has been met with MANY failures and constant "changes" to the game that have only made it less desirable to play than before, and even WoW has been struggling (yes, struggling) for years to keep people interested in subscribing for more than a month, so now they're suddenly focused on "revitalizing" Warcraft 3, coming up with a "remastered" version of the game and maybe, just maybe they will work on Warcraft 4, but we won't see that for another DECADE at least, judging by what we've seen so far. They want to force Warcraft 3 onto the new "battle.net" that Starcraft II is on, only their sudden and undesirable changes to a game they largely abandoned are at this point a nuisance and a hindrance rather than a blessing.

Make no mistake, all of you; Blizzard fully intends to remove ALL hosting bots and their associated software, and they will go through with this plan even IF it kills the game and most of us quit, because they already have our money. They simply don't care, and since none of us are paying a Warcraft 3 "subscription" fee, our input is largely void in their corporate eyes. Maps will still be uploaded to the cloud; they will do this as a measure of controlling what content is played and exercising "ownership rights" of all content implemented in custom maps, including art, sounds, models, etc.

Fortunately however, there are alternatives to their changes, and since the game was created before such forced "controls" on games existed in 2002-2003, we can simply play games like Warcraft 3 on private servers with bot hosting and downgrade from patch 1.30, using patch 1.29 or 1.28 and play whatever we want, and we won't have to deal with the thousands of BROKEN MAPS that became broken after patch 1.30.

I've been with Blizzard since 1997, and I've seen and heard all kinds of promises and guarantees and plans and hopes and ambitions. Of the many different lines of bullcrap I've heard, they all have one thing in common; Blizzard will ALWAYS fail to fully deliver what they promise, and ALWAYS succeed in disappointing their loyal fans.
So, I tried with a person to see if Arranged team worked without port forwarding and it seems its not working, the other person accepted the invitation it greyed out and couldn't whisper at me

https://imgur.com/yjP5lMY

Link showing what the other person said happened
10/08/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Nobelissimos
10/08/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Lycan

All your posts have been nothing but hostility and trolling. You're apart of a VERY vocal MINORITY of players who are here to troll and see the game crash and burn. You're selfish.

We simply want the system we have in place, to remain, because it has become necessary for this community to function. This game is old and so are its players, you cant pull the rug from under us and tell us that we dont like "progress". Especially not when that "progress" is 5 steps back, 1 step forward.

And even if blizzard managed to get their system to be just as good if not better than bots, theres still things to consider like stats on bots that competitive players use, and they will have to find another way to keep track of their stats as well as stop cheaters.

I just read your entire post as "Even if Blizzard replaces bots entirely I will still not be happy because I cannot spam my map 2+ times per list of 20 maps loaded.

Who told you that they cannot implemented something similar to starcraft 2 where the stats are given to the map maker?

Also I have been nothing but supportive of the developer team bringing this game forward from being stuck in the same dead state from 2010 to 2017.

If you consider that trolling maybe you are the troll... lol.
Thanks for working on migrating bots functionality to hosts. I hope you keep the command line interface instead of adding a GUI as we are kind of used to it and it feels much faster.

Also, please add the ability to change lobby's name after hosting.
I'm not launching the client until support for bots is reinstated.
Real shame to be honest.
Perhaps the ban function should be host-wise and not specific toward the game lobby. Basically when a host bans a user, that user would not be able to join any of the games hosted by the "host".
10/08/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
In Progress Features
Kick and ban functions for game lobbies
Display player latency in the game lobbies
Evaluating how to gracefully handle count down experience when players leave
Evaluating experience when players drop due to network issues

Why are you adding features we already have with our awesome bots? You guys are shamelessly adding GHost features which are already available?

we all enjoy Warcraft III

Do NOT say that you enjoy Warcraft III, you're doing nothing but destroying the remaining community.

I'm sure many people won't be updating to this trash patch.
10/08/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Raymond01
In Progress Features
Kick and ban functions for game lobbies
Display player latency in the game lobbies
Evaluating how to gracefully handle count down experience when players leave
Evaluating experience when players drop due to network issues

Why are you adding features we already have with our awesome bots? You guys are shamelessly adding GHost features which are already available?

we all enjoy Warcraft III

Do NOT say that you enjoy Warcraft III, you're doing nothing but destroying the remaining community.

I'm sure many people won't be updating to this trash patch.

Oh yes we all love filtering through the 90% empty lobbies of auto refreshing bots! Map makers implemented kick and ban features long before bot owners "shamelessly" added them.
Can you please, fix the damn mouse delay?
Or the alt+tab slowness?

Thanks...