/verify-tw

General Discussion
/verify-tw

i live in hong kong, china and i got this message when i log in saying that i need to do the verification
i have my doubt if i need to do it as china IS NOT taiwan....
still, i wanna play do i do as you say

i went to chat room, type /verify-tw
it said, No email on record. You must first set an email by using command /set-email [email]

so, i type in set-email ********@yahoo.com.hk
it said, Email has been set

then, i type in /verify-tw
it said, No email on record. You must first set an email by using command /set-email [email]

Now, what is going on? what did i do wrong???
Did you get the email and get asked to verify the account?
aha,

now i have another problem, it said:

Request Error

The peons are sleeping. (400)

We are trying to wake them up. Please retry your request at a later time.
alright i got it done
i got all my account registered now
however, everytime i switch between character, the same message pop up telling me this /verify-tw thing

is there anyway to make it go?
same problem here
Hi Dude I got the same message,also living in China. How did you get it done? Each time I try to click vereification link it did not work.
01/04/2019 11:54 PMPosted by MagicTurtle
Hi Dude I got the same message,also living in China. How did you get it done? Each time I try to click vereification link it did not work.

go to your email, there's a link saying "Verify Email Link"

click it till you see successful

However, even though i got it done successfully, the same message still pop up whenever i chance character, it's damn annoying
01/05/2019 12:42 AMPosted by OMIKE
01/04/2019 11:54 PMPosted by MagicTurtle

go to your email, there's a link saying "Verify Email Link"

click it till you see successful

However, even though i got it done successfully, the same message still pop up whenever i chance character, it's damn annoying

Yeah I did get this link but it seems only the first step. Second step type :/verify-tw and will receive another email to verify your identity. I fail every time on this step. Anybody have some suggestion? Appreciate for help.
geez, you are right, i dont know there is a 2nd verification......

i have the email registered but i dont know it wud take that long to get blizz updating my email......

and now, i have the same problem with you, failure to have the 2nd verification done......
If you get an error like "the peons are sleeping" I've found it often works to simply refresh the page. Not ideal, but it might help until Blizzard fixes it.

Note: the popup on login seems to never go away. This appears to be intended.
01/04/2019 06:13 PMPosted by OMIKE
/verify-tw

i live in hong kong, china and i got this message when i log in saying that i need to do the verification
i have my doubt if i need to do it as china IS NOT taiwan....
still, i wanna play do i do as you say

i went to chat room, type /verify-tw

so, i type in set-email ********@yahoo.com.hk
it said, Email has been set

then, i type in /verify-tw

Now, what is going on? what did i do wrong???

Looks like your system language is set to Chinese - Taiwanese and that is why you are getting the message box. Since these classic games dont have a concept of account region, the Verify Taiwan prompt will show for any one with Taiwanese locale or coming from a Taiwan IP address. You can safely ignore the message box.