BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1016) ; Can't go online

Technical Support
This issue started around 2 weeks ago, which sucks because I haven't been able to play WoW when I wanted to restart my sub.

Anyway, I've been googling it, because whenever I log on it goes "Connecting - - - Go Online - - - Connecting" in a loop. I've tried everything recommended by a ticket, done everything recommended on the forums, and still no results. I thought it might've been an account issue, so I made a 2nd account and it stopped. But I don't want to have to pay double AND lose all my progress.
Hey, Lucio! With this being resolved on the second account, this is an account related issue. Let's try a few steps to reset the main account experiencing the issue.
12/21/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Caterpepi
Hey, Lucio! With this being resolved on the second account, this is an account related issue. Let's try a few steps to reset the main account experiencing the issue.
  • Clear the [url="https://battle.net/support/article/34721?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Blizzard Cache[/url] and [url="https://battle.net/support/article/34719?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Tools [/url]folders
  • [url="https://battle.net/account/management/settings/change-password.html?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=selfhelp"]Reset the password[/url]
  • If the primary account has an Authenticator. [url="https://battle.net/support/article/118903?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]Remove the Authenticator [/url]to test.

Was hoping this would work, but tried everything and it did not affect anything.
Thanks for following up with me, Lucio! I was hoping these steps would resolve the issue as well. Since it's persisted, there's a few more advance steps that I'd like for us to try!
  • If there is a separate modem and router, try bypassing the modem. This should help isolate the problem if router cache may be causing the issue
  • If you are able to try a different connection just to login like hotspot/tethering through a mobile device it can help us isolate where the issue is.
  • In some situations, the problem may be the local network settings or cache. Try completely resetting the firmware to factory reset the local network devices (router/modem). Please check the to the router manufacturer's manual, if assistance is needed.

Just as a back up, I've went ahead and cleared a few things on our end! Let me know if any of these are able to be done or worked for you.
12/21/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Caterpepi
Thanks for following up with me, Lucio! I was hoping these steps would resolve the issue as well. Since it's persisted, there's a few more advance steps that I'd like for us to try!
  • If there is a separate modem and router, try bypassing the modem. This should help isolate the problem if router cache may be causing the issue
  • If you are able to try a different connection just to login like hotspot/tethering through a mobile device it can help us isolate where the issue is.
  • In some situations, the problem may be the local network settings or cache. Try completely resetting the firmware to factory reset the local network devices (router/modem). Please check the to the router manufacturer's manual, if assistance is needed.

Just as a back up, I've went ahead and cleared a few things on our end! Let me know if any of these are able to be done or worked for you.

Tried all three of these, no change.
Lucio,

That 1016 error is a generic disconnection error. Since none of this helped can we have you reply to the thread with results from a winMTR test? You can use the login server IP for whatever game you're trying to play to run the test to. Just run the test, try to log in, and let it go for about 10 minutes after the failure. We'll check that for problems.
I'm getting BLZBNTBGS80000011(2) Whenever I try to log into my battle.net app from Tim Hortons Coffee shop wi fi. This doesn't happen to me any where else. What is the reason for this and how to do I get around it?
BIRBMEMES,

That's a different issue but since it's a simple one I'll give you a quick reply. If you only get that on one network, the network you're using isn't configured to support battle.net. We can't help you work around it since it's probably intentional but if you want you can contact whoever manages that business' router firewall and see if they can configure it to support battle.net. Beyond that please start your own thread so we don't confuse these topics.
Been having this same issue the last couple days.

When I tried logging out and then logging back in, I got the error message. After deleting the cache files mentioned above, I stopped getting the error message and it seemed like it was logging in but then went back to flipping between go online and connecting.

Uninstalled the battle.net launcher the other day and reinstalled which fixed the problem - but only for maybe a day and a half or so.

Same account works fine on the same internet connection on several other computers I have (mac and PC. The one having the issue is a PC).
Marked As Solution
12/22/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Lucio,

That 1016 error is a generic disconnection error. Since none of this helped can we have you reply to the thread with results from a [url="https://battle.net/support/article/27780"]winMTR test[/url]? You can use the login server IP for whatever game you're trying to play to run the test to. Just run the test, try to log in, and let it go for about 10 minutes after the failure. We'll check that for problems.

No need. I googled the issue one final time, and solved it myself. What I had to do was delete 2 programs called Smartbyte. Thanks for the help, though.
12/23/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Lucio
12/22/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Lucio,

That 1016 error is a generic disconnection error. Since none of this helped can we have you reply to the thread with results from a [url="https://battle.net/support/article/27780"]winMTR test[/url]? You can use the login server IP for whatever game you're trying to play to run the test to. Just run the test, try to log in, and let it go for about 10 minutes after the failure. We'll check that for problems.

No need. I googled the issue one final time, and solved it myself. What I had to do was delete 2 programs called Smartbyte. Thanks for the help, though.

I had those there too, though they seem like they're valid drivers (you must have a dell too). Uninstalling them did indeed fix the problem.
Hey, so I'm having this issue to no resolve. I don't have smartbyte, and I am on my alienware laptop. The boyfriend's account works just fine on my computer, and my account works on his computer.. so it's just something that my account is not working on my computer. At a complete loss here.