D2 With Roommate

General Discussion
My basement roommate and I are trying to have a nostalgic Christmas vacation by playing some D2. Unfortunately we barely make it an hour before getting temp banned. Is there any way to bypass this ridiculous automation system that was implemented when classic servers actually had large loads? Also, my legit keys that are on my account from buying with my box set apparently are chat banned after coming back. No support was offered via ticket so I'm already a bit pissed off with Blizzard. 20 year old game or not, if you run it you should support it; especially if you still sell it (which they do!). As a business with multiple games across different genres you shouldn't allow a 20 year old game to ruin my experience with Blizzard.

FYI I've tried over 8 VPNs. All seem to be blocked. I also tried to spin up my own vpn on a few servers I have at DO and AWS but those IP are all blocked too.

Do we have to play private servers in order to have fun?

Locking this thread as the discussion has not been respectful or constructive. Please keep our Forum Code of Conduct in mind when engaging in discussions with your fellow players on our forums. Thank you! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
We can’t use VPNs, they are jot allowed. You’ll be locked out of B.net for 24 hours after last connecting with a VPN. We are also not allowed to connect via proxies, web hosts and business ISPs.
you will need a second connection or get ip restricted really really fast

as for the second connection its the d2 equivalent of gold

what is the first rule of fight club?
Try using your phones internet for one user. Also remember since you are sharing ips you probably share the amount of games you can join and leave in a certain time frame.
12/26/2018 07:05 AMPosted by PsYChiC
Try using your phones internet for one user. Also remember since you are sharing ips you probably share the amount of games you can join and leave in a certain time frame.

thats a really bad idea as mobile data is really expensive

like i said use a second connection: google how to do this i wont post how here
Just use a switch to create multiple ip addresses off the router. The end. So much cryptic bs from the lead pretend scriptkiddie. And playing D2 24/7 for a month straight on mobile wouldn't consume 100 mb. if you can't afford 100mb, then maybe it's time to get a new career.
12/29/2018 01:57 AMPosted by AtomicPunk
Just use a switch to create multiple ip addresses off the router. The end. So much cryptic bs from the lead pretend scriptkiddie. And playing D2 24/7 for a month straight on mobile wouldn't consume 100 mb. if you can't afford 100mb, then maybe it's time to get a new career.

That's not how a switch works. Residential internet comes with 1 IP per house. Using a switch just allows you to split your connections into more ports granting you more local IP address which have nothing to do with the problem. The only way around this problem is any solution that involves having a second public(external) IP address which can be done via Phone, proxy or VPN. Although, for a proxy or VPN to work it too has to be originating from a residential IP because Blizzard has most business IP addresses blacklisted to limit botting. In reality these counter measures placed by Blizzard hurt the legit user base far more than the botting community.

It doesn't matter anymore though, we decided to play a private server since Blizzard doesn't provide support for a game they still actively sell.
The switch assigns different ips off by one digit. I can lan 5 machines off a linksys workswitch which creates 5 independent ips off by one digit. Been doing it for about 12 years now.
12/31/2018 06:46 AMPosted by AtomicPunk
The switch assigns different ips off by one digit. I can lan 5 machines off a linksys workswitch which creates 5 independent ips off by one digit. Been doing it for about 12 years now.

But that only changes your LAN IP which Blizzard doesn't see. It's looking at your (NAT) WAN IP.

Of course you have different LAN IPs. That's the whole idea behind having a router, a local DHCP server, and NATTING through said router, using only 1 IP as provided by the ISP.
They have the most ridiculous realm down rules anymore.
You get a 4 hour restriction for joining a game too fast or muling.
It's just complete !@#$. The new battle.net is %^-*. You are better off playing on private pvpGN servers. You at least stand a chance at voicing your opinion to admin's that actually care about adding content and making the experience fun rather than the same stale crap.
12/31/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Skull
12/31/2018 06:46 AMPosted by AtomicPunk

But that only changes your LAN IP which Blizzard doesn't see. It's looking at your (NAT) WAN IP.

Of course you have different LAN IPs. That's the whole idea behind having a router, a local DHCP server, and NATTING through said router, using only 1 IP as provided by the ISP.
I never get restricted and run up to five machines off the switch. It works.
D2 uses barely any data. For one of you to play using it wouldn't break you or your wallet. U seem to have forgotten diablo 2 was made to be played on 56k internet. Also guy talking about switch. You are wrong lol WAN IP is different from lan.
Wide area network vs local area network. (External ip vs internal)
12/29/2018 01:57 AMPosted by AtomicPunk

lol im no scriptkiddy i use compiled languages (c++) but thats besides the point
your attacks are a mute as nothing is used online...

certain types of proxys / vpns work as for what kind to look for i wont disclose as it has been well documented how blizzard scans and what it looks for in a connection that will be accepted. If you want to know you will need wireshark and a few proxys / vpn and cdkeys to test it out.
i can confirm its uses basically no data use too bot with mobile internet
unplug router for 10 mins, plug back in, new IP.
01/04/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Danzipplo
unplug router for 10 mins, plug back in, new IP.

Every ISP is different. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for everyone else. I actually have the ability to grab a new IP as much as I want from my modem but that isn't the point I'm making here. The problem here is the quality of gameplay. I'm not going to go into my modem and request a new IP every 30mins - 1 hour because my friend and I are trying to play a game together. This is old news anyways. It was just during our time off during Christmas. We ended up playing on a private server and it provided some of the best experiences we've ever had on D2, especially when it came to the community.

I expect I'll be back to Blizzard when they remaster D2 or make a new Diablo game that isn't made for mobile devices. I'm just not a mobile gamer, nothing against Diablo Immortal.
01/05/2019 12:01 PMPosted by AtomicPunk
*Hands you a tissue* That’s it, get your envy out.
i dont understand how you dont see this is your problem. you get berated on a constant basis for not knowing what the !@#$ youre talking about and somehow manage to believe that the problem isnt you.

you ever talk to a girl and they say, "gosh, i just dont get it. every guy i date cheats on me. what the hell is wrong with guys?" understand that if people around you are explicitly or implicitly telling you the same thing over and over again, this is your issue. you are the constant, and just like the girl needs to figure out why she attracts guys that cheat, you need to do some true soul searching to reach a point where you can honestly look at yourself for what you are.
01/05/2019 04:01 PMPosted by stuffedtiger
01/05/2019 12:01 PMPosted by AtomicPunk
*Hands you a tissue* That’s it, get your envy out.
i dont understand how you dont see this is your problem. you get berated on a constant basis for not knowing what the !@#$ youre talking about and somehow manage to believe that the problem isnt you.

you ever talk to a girl and they say, "gosh, i just dont get it. every guy i date cheats on me. what the hell is wrong with guys?" understand that if people around you are explicitly or implicitly telling you the same thing over and over again, this is your issue. you are the constant, and just like the girl needs to figure out why she attracts guys that cheat, you need to do some true soul searching to reach a point where you can honestly look at yourself for what you are.

Dont Bother Trying To Reason With Beartribe
He Has Narcissism Oozing Out His Pores