CPU Overheating on Diablo II

General Discussion
Solved.

Hardware problems.
This is a real problem, fans are turning full capacity, as soon as I open diablo....
try a re-install
12/20/2018 02:14 PMPosted by SangoReborn
60C average on idle

That seems kind of high? I don't have liquid cooling and my CPU is nowhere near that hot when idle, right now it sits around 40C though probably partly cause I haven't de-dusted the inside in a while.
diablo is an old game
it will run at 100% cpu on a single thread
what your seeing is normal
Maybe try using glidewrapper. Makes D2 run overall better on modern PCs
Do you have to double-click more than one time to launch D2?

Pls check running processes when you have your heat problem again and look for rundll32.exe.

If this one is still running when D2 is allready running it may occure that rundll32 consumes all remaining resources. Kill that process first and then 20 baals.
12/20/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Unguidedone
diablo is an old game

why is this dude downvoted? Just open your d2 window make it active and look in task manager, it 100% loads one thread of your cpu.
12/22/2018 02:05 AMPosted by dushas
why is this dude downvoted? Just open your d2 window make it active and look in task manager, it 100% loads one thread of your cpu.

Probably cause one core (I assume you mean cores, not threads) being at 100% shouldn't cause overheating anyway. It wasn't me that downvoted, but the comment makes no sense here :p People downvote for no reason anyway.
Heh liquid cooler pump decided to give up for no reason

Hardware problem, from a reputable brand....

Changed the cooler, everything is fine.

You may close this thread.
diablo 2 have always caused a lot of wear on the hardware. the pentium 2 and 3 cpus was considerably more vulnerable however.
Blizzard should fix this CPU overheating issue for D2, they have fixed it on War 3 in the latest patch. Hope they will bring patch 1.15 to fix it for both Windows and Mac users.
of course they should fix it.
12/22/2018 02:05 AMPosted by dushas
12/20/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Unguidedone
diablo is an old game

You cant fix stupid. Its just not possible...

People downvote because in no other words can i make this any more clear: they are stupid idiots. If you tell them the solution to the issue, give facts, support your post with facts that anyone can validate and test it will not conform with there view of reality and what you said is null.

How hard is it to pull up tskmrg? Expect 50% of users on these forums to think you are some how breaking tos + hacking if you close a process. Why is it so? Why are people so brainwashed in the belief that anything said here is by "hackers" or just a lie? Ignorance and a total lack of critical thinking. Do not expect 98% of users on these forums to actually post useful answers. If you want solutions to problems go on dischord and if you are in the know then you know what channels to go to / or irc.

I deal with these noobs every day i log on to bnet. I pk + nk until they have uninstalled then i know i did a job well done. I would rather play with 10 good players then 1000 trash players. Some of the very worst players are those who belief they lack the gear / levels because the game is too hard / drops are too low / bots / hackers yet no personal accountability or honing your skills. Get good or get out.