SC2 API Performance

API Discussion
Hey folks,

Pulling this out into its own thread to highlight the issue. I migrated over to the new StarCraft II APIs (https://develop.battle.net/documentation/api-reference/starcraft-2-community-api) and I've noticed all of my API calls are now taking 10-15 seconds to complete. This is for both Legacy APIs and Profile APIs. I'm integrating via Java using the same code I used in the previous API, except specifying the OAuth token in the header instead of as a query parameter.

Previously all of the legacy API calls typically took less than a second.

Is this a known issue on Blizzard's side?

Thanks!
brownbear
grizzlybear, this has been mentioned in a few other threads. Initial performance is terrible with the new API. There is some sort of caching scheme that happens, that will load whichever call you just made much faster the second time. However that isn't much use when most of the endpoints only need to be called once a day (or less often).

To reassure you the issue is on the blizzard side. You can see the same delay when using their try it now feature on the new dev site.
12/18/2018 06:07 AMPosted by MooCow
grizzlybear, this has been mentioned in a few other threads. Initial performance is terrible with the new API. There is some sort of caching scheme that happens, that will load whichever call you just made much faster the second time. However that isn't much use when most of the endpoints only need to be called once a day (or less often).

To reassure you the issue is on the blizzard side. You can see the same delay when using their try it now feature on the new dev site.

Thanks, OK. Have they responded to these reports and, if so, what's the next step?
there hasnt been any response that i've seen. However i'm sure they are aware of it. If the past week has been any indication, the devs are reading our posts and acting on it. Its just normally radio silence until they have something to report.
yeah i just migrated using wow community api and it's horrendous on my dev endpoints... don't think my user will be happy :(

Guild feed is taking almost 40seconds
Hi, just to close the loop here, as of sometime in the past few days this issue has been resolved. Performance is as-good if not better than before.