[All] Server Upgrade January 4th @ 1000 PST

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Don't touch d2, may be a resolution fix, but nothing more
I like Randkid's opinion about captcha. I think there are quite some simple ways to avoid botters.
01/04/2019 10:00 AMPosted by Jenslol
people are so whiny, they're just informing us of a hardware issue but everyone is so sassy like "uh-huh, and when the hell are you gonna fix servers for blabalba? mmm-hm... *eyes down and up* *purses lips* *expects honest reply and sincere apology*"

nobody cares, ofc we want fixes... they not fixing things for years is what killed these beautiful games... we are grateful for the current changes, like removing the terrible delay that used to exist in wc3 ladder games, but if you make a promise that arranged teams are getting fixed months ago.... better deliver.. faster

fix the game before making balance changes
Bring Back Tppk To Diablo II And We Can Take Care Of The Bots Ourself
01/04/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Teriff
Bring Back Tppk To Diablo II And We Can Take Care Of The Bots Ourself

TK and TPPK is what made D2 fun. Killing randoms over and over was the best days of D2. Well that and Frozen Orb Sorceresses with Nova and Killing Cows.
Here's a suggestion, for people who like to do legit baal runs without the realm restrictions every dozen games (seemingly, anyways): When a person creates a game, it counts as 1.0 games joined in the last x amount of time, and when a player joins a game, it counts as 0.5 games joined. If you're playing legit, it shouldn't be rocket science to see that a different person would be responsible for making the next game in rotations. Legit players then will not have to suffer for trying to climb the ladder or just level up / mf in general. It'll also promote more public games and help rebuild the aspect of interacting with others.

Just thinking out loud, though. I know that this is a pipe dream, and even if implemented, people would find a way to exploit it...

Plan B: Add a report player command, and have a few different categories to select what you are reporting them for... Nah, too much like work. :P
At the risk of being a debby downer, they aren't fixing D2 anytime soon. No money in that for Activi$ion's head honchos.
01/04/2019 08:59 AMPosted by Lustiger
I can't remember how many times I have been disconnected from Starcraft Remastered games. It's so annoying and disrespectful of Blizzard.

I DON'T FORGIVE, I DON'T FORGET!!! NEVER AGAIN YOU WILL GET ONE MORE CENT FROM ME, BLIZZARD!!! MARK MY WORDS: I DON'T FORGIVE, I DON'T FORGET.
Bruh , There is no more blizz its all about activision
Still waiting for Mr. Blue to reply back to me. Being the Server Lead and all... you think the voices of players who still play there outdated zero new content game would have an opinion. You're call here Mark.
01/04/2019 10:29 AMPosted by RIP
Still waiting for Mr. Blue to reply back to me. Being the Server Lead and all... you think the voices of players who still play there outdated zero new content game would have an opinion. You're call here Mark.

i think you have the answer to your own gripe right inside the gripe...

outdated zero new content game still has thousands of players---> seems good no changes needed/we make plenty off them the way things are and it would cost an immense amount of money and talent while we are currently trying to fluff our previous and current quarterly earnings reports.

think big picture folks....then youll see yourself not in said picture.
Is there a server status page for D2 or some way to know when servers are back online?
01/04/2019 10:15 AMPosted by unknown
Don't touch d2, may be a resolution fix, but nothing more

The ladder barley started and the economy is already ruined.

Were you being sarcastic?

Edit: If you want to gear up your char quickly and free. Just play solo and use a character editor. It's the same thing.
90% of custom games desync or disconect after 10 15minutes of the game.
01/04/2019 10:44 AMPosted by Bardi

How would a non runied ladder look like?
01/04/2019 10:38 AMPosted by Dimi
Is there a server status page for D2 or some way to know when servers are back online?

I would like to know that aswell :)
Great are you going to break WW again?
01/04/2019 10:49 AMPosted by JoeKienzle
01/04/2019 10:44 AMPosted by Bardi

How would a non runied ladder look like?

Have you played dec 2017- jun 2018 season?
If you did, just like that.
Idk who all here is familiar with Age of empires 2. But it got a remake. the same game we all loved over the years has steady gotten better. and more competitive than ever imo. but anyways it got released on steam with a resolution makeover to fit the newer screen ratios and now there have been 3 expansions added. Ok a makeover is all your games need and people will give you all the money you need again. steam and age of empires proved this. im not saying stop projects and work on old games but those old game are some of the biggest accomplishments video games have ever seen. old or not they are holy. and still to this day they are what video game designers of this generation think back on when they want to venture out on their on and try to do what you guys do. i know that got rambly but my point is. you guys basically have what ever other game company aspires to have and you guys overlook them and let them rust. if you cant fix it give it to steam. they will get us all back together!!! Good news would be there is already a in game lobby in d2 unlike aoe.
01/04/2019 10:10 AMPosted by Randkid
D2 should have something like a captcha required to create a game to secure from bots

I don't know why it is not implemented already many years ago - let em suffer.
Because the only people who suffer are legal players - antibot system punishes them, botters punish them