D2 vanilla vs LOD

General Discussion
anyone perfer vanilla over LOD? personally I perfer vanilla because using rares and bonesnap was a blast even though LOD have items that were just easier to play (enigma)
01/06/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Jamesixchain
anyone perfer vanilla over LOD? personally I perfer vanilla because using rares and bonesnap was a blast even though LOD have items that were just easier to play (enigma)

lod is actually a lot harder to play then most people think and you can have most of the capiblities like bo in classic via support characters. Because its bascially a different game ofc you will have different builds and items.

classic is ok but lod is better
I agree, LoD is easy, so easy only the worst skilled players play softcore and use hacks. These noobs could never get past vanilla Duriel. They are weak.
I prefer classic because there's no runewords or skill charms that make the game ridiculous. It's a more fun version because it's all about finding that powerful rare with the right mods. Better than collecting the same runes or uniques.
You want say is Vanilla vs Pepper?
I enjoy LOD because of the bugfixes and QoL features it adds. Then again I never played the game to 'endgame'. I've been a casual Diablo player since the first came out. It's more about smashing monsters and the atmosphere (and music!) to me.
I prefer Vanilla, although my favorite character is a LoD character (the assassin).

Reason being, I honestly hate charms and runes.

The bigger stash as well as 800x600 resolution were welcome additions from LoD though.

LOD is 1000000x easier to play and get started. I know because I play both.

Vanilla still has that fresh feeling knowing any rare drop could be an upgrade or an item you can trade.

LOD is a few rune words and a few uniques and done.
01/06/2019 03:15 PMPosted by Unguidedone

lod is actually a lot harder to play then most people think and you can have most of the capiblities like bo in classic via support characters. Because its bascially a different game ofc you will have different builds and items.

You must be a noob

LOD Is cake, You can run an almost naked Sin, Hdin, Necro, Druid to Hell.

Couple of low crappy rune words like spirit and lore and ur gg to MF andy in hell like day 1. If you pick up a viper magi which drops a lot in NM then you're literally set.

Push Hell cs in classic day 1 let me know how that goes.
01/21/2019 07:43 AMPosted by BrbWiFeNaKeD
01/06/2019 03:15 PMPosted by Unguidedone

You must be a noob

LOD Is cake, You can run an almost naked Sin, Hdin, Necro, Druid to Hell.

Couple of low crappy rune words like spirit and lore and ur gg to MF andy in hell like day 1. If you pick up a viper magi which drops a lot in NM then you're literally set.

Push Hell cs in classic day 1 let me know how that goes.
He is a botter who rushes 100s of characters a day to hell forge using follow bots. Then cubes up the runes, eventually selling them for real money.
The buffed version of Whirlwind is enough for me to make a Classic Barb every season. Got a pretty nasty Lancer up on HCCL currently! :)
some thing evolve some don't, like to see Ubers in D2 vanilla, I can play classic in my sleep boring like the same old haters
01/06/2019 06:05 PMPosted by AtomicPunk
I agree, LoD is easy, so easy only the worst skilled players play softcore and use hacks. These noobs could never get past vanilla Duriel. They are weak.

Agreed. Same type of players to judge you upon entering a game, and get mad at you for not following their narrative. Then when they die on HC they blame you.