WC3 - My account of around 15+ years deleted

General Discussion
Hey guys, I'll make this short. I've been a lifelong fan of Warcraft 3, it's still my favorite game to this date. Still, as most of you know, over the years it has become unplayable through the Battle Net, due to the outdated UI, mass bots and lack of player activity.

After Blizzard finished some major patching of the game last year, I decided to log in and try some custom and melee games, but suddenly I cannot log into my account anymore, with the game saying that it doesn't exist. Now, I have been using the same account for a long time (probably since 2004), and I have been keeping it alive over the years by periodically logging in every once in a while, so I don't know why it got deleted. While it has been several months of no activity on it, that happened in the past too, and yet this never happened before. Can someone help me get it back?
I doubt you can get it back... if you can get yours back, I want mine back too!
Username "Dansrapaz" existed around 2006.
01/06/2019 04:54 PMPosted by Kennoth
Hey guys, I'll make this short. I've been a lifelong fan of Warcraft 3, it's still my favorite game to this date. Still, as most of you know, over the years it has become unplayable through the Battle Net, due to the outdated UI, mass bots and lack of player activity.

After Blizzard finished some major patching of the game last year, I decided to log in and try some custom and melee games, but suddenly I cannot log into my account anymore, with the game saying that it doesn't exist. Now, I have been using the same account for a long time (probably since 2004), and I have been keeping it alive over the years by periodically logging in every once in a while, so I don't know why it got deleted. While it has been several months of no activity on it, that happened in the past too, and yet this never happened before. Can someone help me get it back?

3 months the account then gets deleted if there is no activity.. don't know why that's a thing..
just fyi read the terms of use

you do not own your account
you are given the privilege to use it
at any point it can be deleted for no reason given
It can remain alive but if someone else tries to create that same name, the timer for deletion will be shorter.
2004? Woh!
Maybe you play ones game? :D
Actually guys... make sure you are Connected to the *RIGHT* server.

I made this mistake until I realized I was connected to the wrong realm. =D
they shortened the time a year ago when the accounts get deleted.

before they made account kind of like facebook, that after some inactivity, it still can be restored .. maybe the lenght was 6months.

now its maybe 3 months.
01/12/2019 01:56 PMPosted by Wlizer
they shortened the time a year ago when the accounts get deleted.

before they made account kind of like facebook, that after some inactivity, it still can be restored .. maybe the lenght was 6months.

now its maybe 3 months.

It's been 90 days for over a year, I've seen threads for two or three years now on the classic forums of blues posting about the account expiration being that short when people posted asking about deleted accounts. The problem was they weren't doing maintenance as often so purging was more irregular previously, but it's certainly been longer than a year that more and more threads popped up about purged accounts.
Super p'uper accounts will be not deleting.
01/07/2019 06:40 AMPosted by PsYChiC
It can remain alive but if someone else tries to create that same name, the timer for deletion will be shorter.

no it will have the same length of time

im actually doing account maintenance right now and all of today so my stuff will be just fine