Rearranging char screen [D2]

General Discussion
No clue whether this has been discussed before or not. But since blizzard actually implemented the 18 char per account, any ideas on if this is a possibility?

I'm not a programmer so I'm unaware of the strain this could/could not cause on a server, but seems to be simple to implement an option where we could rearrange our char screens (click hold left mouse button & drag for example), especially since 18 chars is now the max and not 8.

Thoughts? Ideas? Inputs?
For once we have a good idea.... WOW this is rare no bs no trolling

Yes it would be great if we could assign a character to slot 1 then slot 2 then slot 3 ect ect instead of pushing all of them down when a new one is created.

you could use a command line in chat (that only works in op channels) so we dont have dumbasses pasting account names and passwords into chat.

put the account characters in a array and push a char to top of stack or to a defined point in stack

for simplicity have it only move the character your actually using in chat

now command line:
/push value
or lets say we want to go to slot 2 with the char we are on
/push 2
behold this nothing more is needed as you can put the character your on to any point in the array with the default action of other characters around you get pushed down in the array by -1 slot

yes its a good and valid idea but will bliz ever do this? HELL NO
Yeah , this one of the greates ideas !
01/17/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Unguidedone
For once we have a good idea.... WOW this is rare no bs no trolling

Yes it would be great if we could assign a character to slot 1 then slot 2 then slot 3 ect ect instead of pushing all of them down when a new one is created.

you could use a command line in chat (that only works in op channels) so we dont have dumbasses pasting account names and passwords into chat.

put the account characters in a array and push a char to top of stack or to a defined point in stack

for simplicity have it only move the character your actually using in chat

now command line:
/push value
or lets say we want to go to slot 2 with the char we are on
/push 2
behold this nothing more is needed as you can put the character your on to any point in the array with the default action of other characters around you get pushed down in the array by -1 slot

yes its a good and valid idea but will bliz ever do this? HELL NO

that could indeed be simple to implement then :) but i only suggested this cause it seems since they did the whole 18 char per account thing this could be on their radar

if so its mostly to let them know that ppl do value this

01/17/2019 10:50 PMPosted by Olivie
Yeah , this one of the greates ideas !

ty :)
no more inputs????

no1 else wants to see this happen?
All I want is to see the character last used to be moved to the top character of the character screen like what happens with single player.
01/25/2019 12:57 PMPosted by AtomicPunk
All I want is to see the character last used to be moved to the top character of the character screen like what happens with single player.
gotta say, i really dont want this. if this does happen to make it into the game, i only hope there is an option to toggle the method used.
01/30/2019 12:24 AMPosted by stuffedtiger
01/25/2019 12:57 PMPosted by AtomicPunk
gotta say, i really dont want this. if this does happen to make it into the game, i only hope there is an option to toggle the method used.

i agree with you

but i still think its better than fixed positions u currently have
Wow, I have just had my mind blown. I never noticed that you could make more than 8 characters till I read this post!

(This is not sarcasm but genuine mind blown amazement)