Account Expire 17th April Email

Support
Just recieved an email from yourselves stating my account will expire on the 17th April 2019 i play on this account nearly daily could you please explain why my account will expire
So have I, I play daily on this and other accounts.
I recieved a similar e-mail too, please inform us about this. What will happen when the stated day comes? I just twitted about this too, so maybe you could inform us in different platforms. Cheers.

-Vahid.
Same here. Says the account (that I play almost daily) will close with a specific date and each of my 8 characters all have their own date.
i got same email that my account will be close....but
why? they don't explain why...
i am still playing once in a while

acct: hazey3
plz tell me whats going on
also i got unregistered account
you guys gonna shut them down also?
I have also received an email about shutting down my account. I play Diablo 2 on a daily basis with this and one other account. Why would Blizzard want to shut down existing accounts that are not idle? Makes no sense to me. What is going on?
I have also received one but the date is January 16th!! uhm... Help????
Yep same here... Kinda silly... Made my own ticket, but I just seen this. So I figured I'd say something too.
Hey folks,

Just wanted to provide some clarification on this email - this is a new system we put in to notify players of accounts that expire in the future. If you receive this email, all you need to do is what you always do - log in periodically. In the future the system is intended to notify people when their accounts are soon to expire, but it looks like it may have been a little overzealous this time around. Sorry for the confusion!

In short, just make sure you're logging into your accounts/characters at least once every 90 days to prevent expiration.

Thanks for letting us know about this!
01/14/2019 08:07 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey folks,

Just wanted to provide some clarification on this email - this is a new system we put in to notify players of accounts that expire in the future. If you receive this email, all you need to do is what you always do - log in periodically. In the future the system is intended to notify people when their accounts are soon to expire, but it looks like it may have been a little overzealous this time around. Sorry for the confusion!

In short, just make sure you're logging into your accounts/characters at least once every 90 days to prevent expiration.

Thanks for letting us know about this!
hey can you help me out ??I've been posting and have had no luck with a response to why my characters are missing.
Please
Same email was sent to me. Good to hear it shouldn't be a problem.
Yea

Happened to me too

But "overzealous" is the right word here. This is a good system to help people keep track of expiry dates. But i dont need to receive an email when i logged in 1 minute before :)

Example, logged out of a character on account at 21:16. At 21:17 had an email saying that in 3 months (90 days) that character would expire. "No !@#$ sherlock" comes to mind :)

Glad to see not a problem

Adios