[D1] Port 6112 and UDP Packet Processing

Support
I know this is a common issue and have found a few topics tht attempt to resolve the Port 6112 and UDP Packet Processing problem. However, I've forwarded ports 6112-6119 for both TCP/UDP, and still no beans.

Anyone have any other solutions. Already played with firewall settings and such. Any tips/tricks would be great. Trying to do a run thru with a bunch of friends =D

Thanks!
bump
bump
Howdy!

Have you tried to right click and run the game as administrator? We released an updated version of the Diablo I client on GoG that may also help as it contains a lot of bug fixes and has been updated to work on a modern OS.

Thank you.
The client on GoG has the same problem.
I just purchased the game from GOG and am also having this problem. I do not use VPN or proxy.
I can't seem to get on battle.net from 2 computers at the same time because of this issue, and port forwarding only works for one computer at a time on Battle.net. Please respond Blizzard/Battle.net because this has been an ongoing issue for years now! I'm SO OVER the predatory responses.
Hello My account on west is what_god Can you please help me discover why Im getting the message. "you were disconnected from battle.net. Please reconnect"
I play every day. for who knows how many years now... Never had this message before. I did do something different today. I took my laptop to work and went to play at work thru the wi fi there and thats where it 1st started. this mean anything??????? Im now back at home hoping it wud work and its not working..........
thanks
03/07/2019 06:15 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Howdy!

Have you tried to right click and run the game as administrator? We released an updated version of the Diablo I client on [url="https://www.gog.com/game/diablo"]GoG [/url]that may also help as it contains a lot of bug fixes and has been updated to work on a modern OS.

Thank you.

Worked. Thanks.
03/08/2019 08:17 PMPosted by Skillville
Howdy!

Have you tried to right click and run the game as administrator? We released an updated version of the Diablo I client on [url="https://www.gog.com/game/diablo"]GoG [/url]that may also help as it contains a lot of bug fixes and has been updated to work on a modern OS.

Thank you.

Worked. Thanks.

yes 100% set it to admin.
read in all forums, reset ip's etc's I cannt still log on not on to any realm.
Howdy!

Thank you.

This didn't work for me. I've tried Diablo 1 tcp and udp ports of in/out. Restarted my computer. Reinstalled Diablo 1, System Mechanic Phoenix 360 antivirus find no threats and Diablo is forward through security walls. Check my signal strength which is strong. Flush dns cache.

I'm able to make an account on Diablo 1 classic but can't play only talk. I'm still getting a 6112 port error when trying to access my account after it was created. I have no clue what's going on.

Edit: I've tried moving different rooms in my dad house with no luck. I've tried using a Ethernet wire connector with no change. Keep in mind I've click on administrator each time to play. I do believe it's on blizzard side of the problem because I keep getting "UDP packets can't go through or 6112 not put in. Please connect IP provider or administrator if the problem still exist." My dad check the whole network thing while running test and when we look at my computer screen to go online to play the same message appears. Another message appears by saying "You can talk but can't create and join games about 3 times. This is what I've done with my dad so far since he knows more than I when it comes to this.

My specs are:

Windows 8.1 64 bit
Geforce 920M version 419.35
Geforce Experience 3.17.0.126
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60GHz
7.92GB RAM
1366x768, 60GHz
I recently purchased the "fixed" Diablo 1 from gog.com, and have attempted running the program as the administrator and still get the same error message. I have allowed the ports both incoming and outgoing through windows firewall, and still cannot play this game through battle.net connection with my family.
This is my recent experience with both, the original Diablo and GOG's Diablo:
GOG Diablo Can Run on Battle.net
https://youtu.be/57BM2HirRFk
Same error here. Used the gog version, opened the neccessary ports (6112-6119 for both TCP/UDP), no proxy or vpn - still doesn't work
ditto. same 6112 port error.
Ye, same problem. Did literally everything, even OpenVPN. Nothing works.
I had it working using windows 7 for a few days then it stopped. This is from the Bnetlog.txt file.

3/14 09:41:38.705 Connecting to Battle.net...
3/14 09:41:38.754 querying gateway
3/14 09:41:38.765 searching for the fastest server
3/14 09:41:39.136 connected to server
3/14 09:41:39.136 Connected to server 37.244.23.238
3/14 09:41:39.136 Validating ID
3/14 09:41:39.146 Checking for the latest version
3/14 09:41:39.843 client acknowledged
3/14 09:41:39.843 logon acknowledged
3/14 09:41:39.843 requesting latest version
3/14 09:41:40.363 user has latest version
3/14 09:41:40.363 Get latest battle.net icons
3/14 09:41:40.363 Get player profile
3/14 09:41:42.324 Disconnecting from server
3/14 09:41:42.324 Could not connect to Battle.net

I can't ping that IP address when I did a search this came up. http://ipaddress.is/37.244.23.1

IP Address 37.244.23.1
Host 37.244.23.1
Country United States
Region Illinois
City Lisle
Postal Code 60532
Latitude 41°47'13" N
Longitude 88°04'59" W

I think If I could try connecting to a different server it would correct the problem but it always tries to use that same one.
Tip for you folks having trouble, opening ports (like in firewall/filtering software) is not the same as port forwarding.

You need to get into the configuration on your router, there is going to be a place to configure "publishing" ports or "port forwarding". This tells the router when it receives traffic from out on the Internet on the designated ports, to forward the traffic directly to your PC. If you are not configuring the router to forward traffic to a specific PC or IP address, you are not looking in the right place.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
I don't know about Blizzard, but the Support folks at GOG are completely incapable of thinking for themselves and troubleshooting an issue. And shame on GOG for not issuing a refund promptly as requested - they insist I wait a week and report back as to whether I've been able to fix the problem or not. What a crock!

Here's our family's setup:
2 kids, each with same make/model computers (running Windows 10 Pro) that have the new GOG Diablo I installed.
The default install required administrative privileges to run (In today's world, this is an unacceptable security risk).
As I don't allow our children to have administrative accounts, any time the kids want to play Diablo, one of the adults has to use their administrative accounts to launch the game (shame on Blizzard and GOG).
I use an enterprise-class stateful firewall for the house.

Scenario 1: Laptop 1's Diablo I received the UPD 6112 error, but I was able to escape back a screen and try again and the laptop connected to Battle.Net and had the capability to Create and Join games. Laptop 2 received the UDP 6112 error, connected to Battle.net, and was unable to create or join games.

I checked the Windows Advanced Firewall on both computers. The firewall was configured with three Incoming entries for Diablo. All three were set for programs, one for the main diablo.exe and the other for a dx\diablo.exe. I am guessing that the main diablo.exe is for the original version of the game while the dx\diablo.exe is for the enhanced version of the game. Battle.net is an option only available with the original version of the game.
I created matching Outbound entries (they did not exist) to ensure two-way communication was possible.

Scenario 2: exited Diablo on both computers. This time, started Diablo on Laptop 2 first. Laptop 2 was able to connect to Battle.net and Create and Join games. If I recall correctly, this also had a UDP 6112 error that I was able to escape from and re-try and then it connected as indicated. Laptop 1 would connect to Battle.net with a UDP 6112 error and was unable to create or join games.

As you can see, both the firewalls on the computers and the network firewall are configured correctly as both computers were able to connect to Battle.net and create and join games. The point is that we were unable to do so consistently or with both laptops able to successfully create or join battle.net games simultaneously.

Being Stateful the firewall will allow the incoming UDP communications on 6112-6119 as long as the computers behind the firewall initiate the conversation. As the firewall uses NATting, the firewall allows both computers to utilize UDP 6112 simultaneously.

I could blindly open UDP 6112-6119 on the network firewall (allowing any internet computer to reach into our home network on UDP 6112-6119), but I should not need to so. The software should be engineered to function without this as a requirement. If it's not, the software isn't worth owning and it certainly isn't worth risking your computer infrastructure over.

This appears to be a programming issue.

Does the Diablo server try to respond on a new port that the client has not initiated communication with?
Port Forwarding (to a single computer) should NOT be required. This would mean that only a single computer behind the firewall could connect to Battle.Net at any point in time.

If Port Forwarding *IS* a requirement, then (in my opinion) not work owning.
It was find "back in the day" when IPX was built-in and we only played on the local area network or there was but a single computer in the home. In today's world, such restrictions are pathetic.