[D2] Blizzard, Asia Battle.net Server Needs Your Attention

Support
Prev 1 25 26 27 30 Next
Hi ArnoldPerm,

The in game ping is not true network latency (i.e. latency from your computer to our server and back) but it is the processing latency of the game (i.e. latency from your client and processing time to our server and server processing time and back) and looks like we still have some investigation around making sure that is as good as it can be. With recent security mitigation around spectre and meltdown costing 30% of cpu performance we have actually doubled the number of game servers in Asia.

Also these changes have nothing to do with Uber Diablo and will be rolled out to other regions in due time.

These are the benefits of having the new setup:
  • Simplicity
  • Security
  • Auto scaling to meet demand
  • Availability
  • One IP4 per region (IP4's are very limited)
  • Easy internal configuration changes

Classic Games
Why does Asia have to be a fixed IP? It is obviously a mistake to have a high poverty level of 234 in Korea, the strongest Internet facility. Do not try to get over it. Please fix the server to work normally.
03/03/2019 11:18 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi ArnoldPerm,

The in game ping is not true network latency (i.e. latency from your computer to our server and back) but it is the processing latency of the game (i.e. latency from your client and processing time to our server and server processing time and back) and looks like we still have some investigation around making sure that is as good as it can be. With recent security mitigation around spectre and meltdown costing 30% of cpu performance we have actually doubled the number of game servers in Asia.

Also these changes have nothing to do with Uber Diablo and will be rolled out to other regions in due time.

• Simplicity
  • Security
  • Availability

Classic Games

why not use an arm cpu instead of intel and amd for server cpu.. arm is way safer then both intel and amd as of security wise and better / lower energy coast then both of them.
Hello? Mr. Mark,

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771167240?page=26

First of all, thank you very much for your further information and it is very helpful. With it, I can understand more and analyze current servers' situation. In some parts such as security and simplicity, I absolutely agree with you. However, I can't on others.

1. I know what really ping is. I have a pc can load up recently released games like, Metro: Exodus, The Shadow of Tome Raider and so on. I mean I have to say again Dysinc comes from the network of servers or internally wrong structure. Last year, I also had monitored servers' condition. It was hard to see lower ping than 150. Averagely, 10~100 was usual. But after the immigration of data center, it has become common over 200 ping. This means your team made critical issues in Asia servers. Because of that, I had to post on this forum to report several times. But now nothing changed. Actually It becomes worse. Only creating games is better and others still remains. You said about "Availability", but as a result it is unavailable because many users are complaining about being played laggy and unstable. So please find out the solution. That is your team's task.

2. You said, "These changes have nothing to do with Uber Diablo". But in reality of game, on the contrary it does. I know we do not have PTR. So for better performance, something must get through hardship. And I can understand it if you notice in advance. You do not say anything before we asked so many times. Because of this, on the famous Korea D2 community, I looked at several threads talking some users made a decision to leave D2 as unstable and unavailable servers. They also told about refunding for keys. If your team really loves D2, you must be on the position of users. All of them are not fully patient. As there are limited ways to solve these issues, I can not blame on them. Especially the case of Uber Diablo event is same. If your team try to settle down new structure of servers on other regions, all of D2 users could be mad at you. You know, Uber Diablo event is made by you, Developers. And it is one of fun and important contents of D2. So deleting it will make people sad and disappointed. I can remember, your team separated server IPS of standard and ladder game on June, 2017. It made people embarrassed. Again your team is trying to make them too. Because of fixed IP, it is impossible to hold Uber Diablo event.

When D2 is getting older, users are too. So still many users remember D2 as a colorful and beautiful memory and try to come back when they watch the streaming of YouTube. As a controller of D2, please steer towards right direction and make our memory cherished.

Finally, I have to say again, on the behalf of Asia D2 users, please correct all kinds of critical issues such as lag and unstability.

Thank you for your long reading,

1 of D2 Asia users.

P.S : I forgot one important point. Still classic barbarian's hitting sound is also abnormal. As you know, he can attack much more than LOD barbarian. Because of this, many classic users are loving him. I think it is related to servers' configuration. Then please check this too.
Hey UK. Frank is four fingers?!

What is three fingers? (Edited)
03/03/2019 11:18 AMPosted by Mark Chandler
Hi ArnoldPerm,

• Simplicity
  • Security
  • Availability

Classic Games

I'm sure you are working diligently to make things better on the server side. As you said on your last post related to the Asia server issue, I think if you doubled the number of server it's not being efficiently utilized to its full potential. 30% cpu usage increase vs 100% more severs, but lagging got worse... it logically does not make sense. Is it possible the gateway server, IP 150 server, is bottleneck-ing the whole network?

Regarding the uber event, I understand the changes you made recently is not intended to affect game play, it was meant for those 6~7 advantages you listed in your last post. However it does affect how players are going to participate in the uber event. Is this also an intended change? if not can you provide a way for players to identify the actual game server's ip?

Keep up the good work. Thank you and sorry that I have so many questions.
Phisically fix it. Not air >>whiriless.
Corse its very many works.
If try this then true ping for you all.
And ye, did oct_ane decend from the Heavens, and in the Old Tongue he spake, saying things too powerful to be understood, for to hear the words of the great oct_ane is to stare at the sun if you're up really close, like 4 feet away and not wearing sunglasses or squinting or anything. And we did kneel and weep, and 2 chinchillas were sacrificed as was his wont. And it was written, and so it shall be done.

-AcidRane
02/19/2019 03:48 AMPosted by KiraroStyle
My first finger and second finger no have sense butly I have control might his all when clicking. ..4month ago...

...third finger too..
Hi,
Anymore good news for the lag issue on Asia server?
I'm just eager to see positive feedbacks on the reply right above written by Arnoldperm and SOJ.

Also, I would like know what is your maintenance plan up to.

Hoping to get back from you soon.

Thanks.
Hi Blizzard Classic Team.
Thank you for always.
I can not enter the room again. And still the server is unstable and the ping jumps. Original barbarian character Whirlwind attack sound, Sorceress teleport stopping, are you fixing? It has already passed three weeks. Is Blizzard the best game company in the world? Positive minds disappear and only negative feelings emerge. Please fix it as soon as possible.
D2 Asia Original Users.
Thank you.
Hi, I guess you guys are on a holiday or sth as there are no any feedback replies posted about our uncomfort. :)
I hope you guys could give us positive news as soon as you look at these tons of our thoughts and uncomforts we are dealing with.

I appreciate that.

Thanks.
blizzard north is the problem
Take it.
Currently 5:20AM EST a lot of users in Asia are complaining about connectivity to battle.net. This would be considered a peak time for Asia players. But the issue is only affecting part of the users, not everyone.

Now it seems like most of the players are experiencing this. (6:00 AM EST)
Still lag has occurred since 3pm which is come from the log-in screen, character choosing screen, battlenet lobby.

Now, It's 9:21pm in Korea.

Just let you know.
Hi Blizzard Classic Team.
Also, the IP is 50. The server is really bad. Slow login, duplication of CD key, no entry, Waiting is also limited. Please fix it quickly. Thank you. D2 Asia Original Users.
03/04/2019 08:01 AMPosted by Sodium
why not use an arm cpu instead of intel and amd for server cpu.. arm is way safer then both intel and amd as of security wise and better / lower energy coast then both of them.

why not use an two's sun of cosmic and space.. the sun is cool then many as of security and better / bla bla bla of them.
Lots of issues at the moment. Bunch of players' cdkeys are being blocked, due to that particular cdkey being used by themselves when it is not. Log in server might be having issues, delays in verifying versions when logging in, laggy lobby as well.
I noticed the server ip 50 again, seems like you guys are working on something, that's very good and everything but is it too much to ask for to let us know about potential server issues ahead of time? Like make an announcement, so hundreds and thousands do not waste time trying to log in.